Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A330-900neo

GUIDE: TAP Air Portugal Airbus A330-900neo

Old May 26, 2023, 9:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bluedog423
Which would you choose - 10AC (bulkhead in Comfort) for 95 EUR or a typical comfort window/aisle for 60 EUR? I am 6'4", so leg room is key for me, but I'm concerned that row 10 is right up against the lav. Anybody know if that lav is for business only (I think?) and if there's a separator so perhaps the line/galley isn't bothersome to those in row 10? I could also choose a "normal" (not comfort) seat with standard pitch for 40 EUR. It's an overnight flight, so would like to sleep as much as possible.
The comfort seats are enough for you , trust me cause i am taller than you and i have seen everything from torture to pleasure on long haul flights

The first raw of comfort seats is just after business lavatories , but depending on the flight , economy passengers might from time to time use these but the crew usually send them back to where they came from

For sleeping i recommend seating in rows located in front of engines , will be less noisy , then buy yourself some sleep pills, good pillow , eyes mask and ear plug then you will sleep like a baby
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:28 am

Flying the TP A339 in Jan 2024 POA-LIS. Currently have 2C and 1E, 1F. I chose those because I assume they have much bigger footwells but I see that row 1 is almost in the galley and row 2 is aisle facing. Any issues? I prefer bigger fotwells but not if the galley noise will be borthersome and like three more private window-facing single seats. TIA
Old Jul 30, 2023, 2:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't recall the footwells being any bigger and logically they should not be - it's a mass produced unit which is slotted onto a chassis on the cabin floor. Certainly if you are someone bothered by galley noise - not something I have noticed given the background noise of the aircraft - then it wouldn't be sensible to sit near the galley. If you want a quiet time you would want to be half way or threequarters of the way down the cabin. For example row 5 or 7. 2C is also not really in the same group as the 2 middle seats and so you aren't sat together really. 2C is near 2D.F
IAD1k likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't recall the footwells being any bigger and logically they should not be - it's a mass produced unit which is slotted onto a chassis on the cabin floor.
Thanks! Very useful about the galley noise.
UA, SK and OS which are my usual airlines have much larger footwells on the bulkhead row because there's no seat in front to fit into. Twice as large. It's very nice if you move while sleeping and have large feet. But also found out that AC bulkhead footwells are only marginally bigger and it's not worth the galley noise and lavatory foot traffic. Must be the same with TP I guess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.