Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I support this motion

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ewrfox
As one who posts in the game thread I'm somewhat against this motion. I and others have posts after posts in the counting threads...If posters that never posted in the game threads come in and started spamming or start creating new threads then I think the mods should step in and kick them out of Omni.
so you want your post count to be inflated, but youre implying you wont spam or something. so only inflated so much. seriously?

and people cant be kicked out of forums can they? (having forum masked)

people can ASK to have forum masked, but ive never heard of this as being part of TOS. (a "punishment" following specific violation.)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so you want your post count to be inflated, but youre implying you wont spam or something. so only inflated so much. seriously?

people can ASK to have forum masked, but ive never heard of this as being part of TOS. (a "punishment" following specific violation.)
Why did you intentionally leave out the part saying people who posted in the games posted in there one post after another even after omni stopped counting.. Seriously? You want to try this again?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Forum masks on FT have a history of being utilized as a "punishment". Whether or not such "punishment" follows a "violation" of FT TOS doesn't really matter, as the use would still include that of being a "punishment". So, the answer to the question in your second paragraph is that people can be kicked out of forums (i.e., having forum masked without asking to have it done).
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
As one who posts in the game thread I'm somewhat against this motion. I and others have posts after posts in the counting threads. Those posts came after Omni stopped counting.. I suggest shelving this for the time being and see how omni is once the posts starts counting. If posters that never posted in the game threads come in and started spamming or start creating new threads then I think the mods should step in and kick them out of Omni.
Good catch. ^

It's entertaining to sit and watch how the pro OMNI count camp plays the (in)consistency game after they have their way. Yes, I am still bitter.

Yes, they can and some already have.

I am not certain about the TOS part, but this thread demonstrates clearly what can happen in the FT world. Post padding is just one of the possible reasons members "earned that privilege" to wear the mask. I am not sure whether OMNI mods would consider "newer" OMNI game participants as post runners if Games Forum were a post counting forum though.

To be honest, I find all this OMNI post counting proposals and motions kind of tiring now. Do you know how many new and newer TB threads are centered around counting OMNI since December 2011? I am starting to see no point to be engaged in this line of discussion at this point. I am also having a second thought about how to invest my energy in TB Topics Forum and FT from now on.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:25 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by wharvey
If OMNI and OMNI PR posts are going to count, then I believe OMNI Games posts should count. I support the creation of a Games forum... but I am not for going down the inconsistency road again.
I tend to agree. The only question in my mind is whether a games subforum is called for before the need arises.

Since Carol hasn't turned on counting we can't even get an idea of how this might play out in the interim.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my bad. thanks for clarification

I'm somewhat against this motion
thats all that is relevant

lounge threads are not ONLY spam, and spam can be moderated
game (5 character post) threads are ONLY spam, and cannot be moderated
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Forum masks on FT have a history of being utilized as a "punishment". Whether or not such "punishment" follows a "violation" of FT TOS doesn't really matter, as the use would still include that of being a "punishment".

The only folks who get masked from a Forum are the few who actually request it....and that's not very often. The others who get masked are those whose repeated, uncivil actions require it.

If it's "punishment", it's punishment that was 101% brought about by a specific member's actions. We don't cruise around looking for folks to mask from a forum. They make themselves readily known after multiple uncivil events.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cholula
The only folks who get masked from a Forum are the few who actually request it....and that's not very often. The others who get masked are those whose repeated, uncivil actions require it.

If it's "punishment", it's punishment that was 101% brought about by a specific member's actions. We don't cruise around looking for folks to mask from a forum. They make themselves readily known after multiple uncivil events.
So it is not "only" those mentioned in the first paragraph above. Thanks for confirming my post.

A Venn diagram showing the relationship between the set of FT events that are "uncivil" and those FT events that are "TOS violations" would be an interesting graphic, no less so when it is not certain if TOS application will be the same for all parts of FT or not.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Funny, how some here just want to post on Games/Omni just to inflate post counts..

Well, at least they are honest.. Honesty is always the best policy I presume..
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Funny, how some here just want to post on Games/Omni just to inflate post counts..

Well, at least they are honest.. Honesty is always the best policy I presume..
Funny, how some post in Games/Omni all the while post don't count..
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny, how some post in Games/Omni all the while post don't count..
irrelevant

I'm somewhat against this motion
= you want them to count
Originally Posted by lin821
To be honest, I find all this OMNI post counting proposals and motions kind of tiring now. Do you know how many new and newer TB threads are centered around counting OMNI since December 2011? I am starting to see no point to be engaged in this line of discussion at this point. I am also having a second thought about how to invest my energy in TB Topics Forum and FT from now on.
what else can they do? and you do have to allow for actions following each election.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 21, 2012 at 7:14 pm
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:56 pm

There is nothing wrong with Omni games as is.. If people start spamming Omni by inflating their post counts then they should be kicked out. As it stands right now there is no reason IMO to split it up again. As I previously wrote, the mods should make a call on this and if they can't control the spam then they should tell the CD to create a forum for games.

You really have a hard time reading what I wrote in my first post.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

game = only spam

most of what ive seen has been about consistency, while you came right out and said you want your game posts to count

but only because you wont post too much... (which goes against the common consistency argument)

they should be kicked out [by mods]
the mods should make a call
they [mods?] should tell the CD to create a forum for games
in other words TB should do less

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.