Wiki Posts
Search

Credit-Card-Question

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
A bit of an off topic question.

So the real question, is anybody Swiss based using a CC throwing miles/points at some other FFP/hotel that makes sense (In your opinion as this is all relative)?

GBM
If you do fly Brtish Airways, then the BA Diners Club card may be of interest - sometimes they have interesting "welcome offers" with loads of miles...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:13 am

The new Credit Suisse Bonviva card seems to be quite attractive - I've had them calling me for more information and set up an appointment in their local branch. edit: Their advertisment is definitely missleading, only their Bonviva American Express Platinum Card will actually give 1 mile per 1 CHF spent, all the others much less.

https://www.credit-suisse.com/ch/pri...ards/index.jsp

Hmmm.. comparing now, all-in-all seems still not too bad, but not as good as I thought before. Will go for the appoinment and check what they can offer. Certainly not taking the default offer

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Jun 15, 2011 at 8:29 am
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Anybody knows whether it is possible to get a EUR based cc when based in Switzerland?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Anybody knows whether it is possible to get a EUR based cc when based in Switzerland?
Yes, you can get a bank account in Germany with a swiss address, then you can get the DKB M&M CC in EUR.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Thanks for the reply goliath. I will give them a call since website seems a bit low on info.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
M&M cards is running a promo with 10'000 additional miles of standard offer and 50% off 1st year fee.

We're not yet at the level of US CC deals but it's an improvement.

I'm actually tempted to get the Platinum. The only previous deals for it I can recall was 500CHF/year.

GBM
Old May 28, 2012, 12:04 pm

M&M cards is running a promo with 10'000 additional miles of standard offer and 50% off 1st year fee.

We're not yet at the level of US CC deals but it's an improvement.

I'm actually tempted to get the Platinum. The only previous deals for it I can recall was 500CHF/year.

GBM

YES it is a good deal I think...

350 chf for 20'000 miles and free access to 1st class checking boths is good....

Even if you don't use the card and then cancel it after the first year
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:07 pm

I currently have a German M&M CC but I would like a Swiss M&M CC for various reasons, I have looked at the online application and I see you can get one if you are outside Switzerland (I have a Swiss account) however how do I enter my address? as it is a UK one and I also don't have a resident permit, does that matter?

Also in regards to bank statements, does it matter if my recent one only has a minimum payment into it to clear an overdraft?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:07 am

double miles Amex promo

https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/meilen-doppeldecker/index.php?lang=en

Double miles on Swiss Amex cards on Saturdays until Jan 12th
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:19 am

https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/meilen-doppeldecker/index.php?lang=en

Double miles on Swiss Amex cards on Saturdays until Jan 12th
Attention, ONLY valid on shopping done in Switzerland..

Pretty lame promo compared to what our German friends get (much more frequent)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights (in another thread)
I think I'm going to buy a boat load of Coop Gift vouchers for future use. At 2miles per CHF you can't go wrong.
That's a great idea! ^ I'll definitely do that for Coop and Migros vouchers to cover our grocery shopping for 2013!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:18 am

Credit Suisse is running a promo on Bonviva packages.
Bonviva Gold can be had for free if joining until 30JUN. And it comes with 15K points which can translate into 7'500 M&M.
The catch seems to be no cancellation of the package within the first year (Otherwise a full year payment will be charged 420CHF).
And since the package cost is debited quarterly you'll end up paying the first full quarter of the second year (140CHF).

Essentially 140CHF for 7'500 miles. Slightly worse than the Coop trophy price but for the other benefits (Maestro cards, foreign currency accounts) seems to be worth it. IMO.

GBM
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: SEN
Credit Suisse is running a promo on Bonviva packages.
The smallprint says that persons "who already have a credit card with Credit Suisse, or have cancelled this after November 30, 2012" are excluded from the offer.
Would anyone know if they count the Miles&More cards (that are issued by Swisscard AECS) as Credit Suisse cards as well?

Also I could not find out if those Bonviva cards come with an online access for the credit card transactions. Do they? This would be a real plus- at least for those of us that are still stupid enough to pay up to 700 Fr a year for the M&M American Express Platinum and still cannot access their transactions online
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Do I get it right with with the coop points earning ?

When I buy something at coop stores, I do earn 1 point / 1 swiss franc with the supercard and at least another 1 mile / 2 swiss francs with a classic miles and more credit cards.

But my worry is if I do earn only 1 point / 1 swiss franc by using the supercard Plus credit card or do I get 1 extra point / 1 swiss franc because of the credit card ?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Artemio
But my worry is if I do earn only 1 point / 1 swiss franc by using the supercard Plus credit card or do I get 1 extra point / 1 swiss franc because of the credit card ?
With the SUPERCARDplus Mastercard you get:

- 1 superpoint per 1 CHF spent at Coop (just like everybody else shopping with a Supercard)

- 1 superpoint per 3 CHF spent at all other merchants

Edited to add: you will also find this in the FAQs on their website, point 5, here in German (the page is available in German, French and Italian, but not in English):

SUPERCARDplus Karteneinsatz bei den Coop Geschäftsstellen

Beim Einsatz bei Coop und den Supercard-Partnerfirmen wird Ihnen pro CHF 1.– Kartenumsatz in der Regel 1 Superpunkt gutgeschrieben. Die Punkte werden dabei direkt auf Ihrem Supercard Konto gutgeschrieben. D.h. die SUPERCARDplus funktioniert bei Coop und den Supercard-Partnerfirmen exakt gleich wie Ihre bisherige Coop Supercard (daher auch der Barcode auf der Rückseite der SUPERCARDplus).

Es gibt also neben den regulären Superpunkten keine zusätzlichen Punkte für die Bezahlung mit der SUPERCARDplus.

Last edited by goliath; Jun 12, 2013 at 5:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.