Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit-Card-Question

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 6:35 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
At the rear, it says: +41 1 835 44 44 as the phone number - on a new card.
BTW, how can I book the enhanced insurance package?
yeah, even it's a new card for you, they used the old card..

you can call them and tell them to send you the information/form. Last time I saw this offer on my Diners Club monthly statement.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:06 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Just a further note on the poor service by Credit Suisse / AECS:

I just got billed the annual fee on BOTH milemaker cards (Visa Gold AND Amex Gold), despite the mail stating that there is no more annual fee for SEN and HON for this card combination.

The fee was removed again on the VISA, but it looks like I'll need to argue with them about the fee on the Amex.

Somehow I'm not surprised. They just don't seem to be able to do anything properly.

Maybe I'll pay the fee, don't spend anything on the card for a while and then ask them to pay me back the amount, of course adding the not-so-modest interest rate they charge themselves.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:59 pm

I have applied for the card based on the fact that they are free for SEN/HON.. BUT you can be sure that I will only use the card if they come up with some nice promotions or some hotels are asking for Amex/Visa to qualify for some promotions. In all other cases I will stick with my Corner Card LH MasterCard and BA Diners Club.

A credit card without online access is just ridiculous for frequent travellers. And usually these are the best customers..
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH
Thumbs up

I am happy with my new Dinners BA. The Corners MasterCard I use when I can not use the Dinners.
Will wait, until they have the offer again with Amex Platinium (CHF 500 for 30'000 Miles), else, there is no need for me changing at the moment.
Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
On a related note: I am looking for the "member-get-member" form for the Cornercard Gold. I'd like to refer somebody, but can't find the right form. Does anybody have a link? Many thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 4:29 pm

basically you will have to use link: https://www.cornercard.ch/ch/html/de...008/index.html

then simply choose your present and choose the option of getting the form by entering your card number. good luck!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thanks! I was actually looking for the promotion where you get your reward in miles, not cash or merchandise. So I called Cornerbank and they will mail me the special form for this. Seems they no longer actively publish the possibility online, but the referral bonus (12'000 miles I think) is still available upon request.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 2:36 am

Diners promo (1 point - 1 LH/LX mile)

Diners card in Switzerland has a promo on converting reward points into M/M miles with the ratio 1 to 1 (usually 2 to 1). The promo ends 31/08/2008.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 4:01 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Another promo running until 31/08/2008:

M&M Amex Platinum for CHF 500 and 30'000 miles welcome bonus: Link
Old Aug 9, 2008, 5:32 am
Original Poster

I was sure, it is comming back.
For now, I stick to the BA Dinners Club and CornerCard.
But - I am tempted.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
I registered for the gold AMEX and VISA M&M card last december when they were running an offer for 20k bonus miles. Got the card finally in February, and the bonus miles too ^

I've already spent about 20k chf on the AMEX card in the past 6 months, and it's not a bad deal for 150chf in the first year. I think I'll see if there's something that can be done to lower the next years 250chf fee down, after all I'll have spent close to 50k chf in the first year of usage (lots of travel incurred charges and from buying furniture).

I wonder if they'll do a similar offer again at the end of this year? Might be worth considering... the Platinum offer above looks quite nice. I wonder if I can upgrade my Gold card to the Platinum one AND get the 30k miles as well ? (the 500chf is a bit harsh... but might be worth it for the 30k miles alone).

p.s. my Amex hasn't been rejected so far in a single shot in Switzerland. I shop in Coop rather then Migros as well.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Order the new product.
Cancle the old product 3 month before the full year.
Worked well for me.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Order the new product.
Cancle the old product 3 month before the full year.
Worked well for me.
I strongly suggest to discuss with them first. Swisscard is well know for making individual deals. Since you spend a lot, it wouldn't surprise me if you get a (very) nice discount on the AMEX Plat!
Old Aug 10, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
I guess I'll give it a shot... can't hurt to call them and find out if something can be done.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:15 am

whenever you sign-up for a swisscard promo (such as the current one for amex plat) make sure to check your first invoice for the correct yearly fee! TWICE now they have charged me the "normal" yearly fee and not the discounted rate (ie. 700chf for the plat instead of the promised 500)...and only re-credited me the difference after 2-3 conversations with heir callcenter... 30k welcome miles were always credited correctly though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.