Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit-Card-Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009, 3:07 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by QMConsultant
I am ZRH-based, have a bank account with a German bank and a LH Miles & More credit card (fee waived for SEN). Works like a charm. If Sparkasse Lörrach works for you, you may just open an account there, order the LH M&M credit card and arrange for direct debit (Lastschriftverfahren) of the credit card bill.

I'm happy to recommend you! YHPM ...

QMConsultant
In case anyone else is looking, the Deutsche Bank branch in Konstanz is also more than happy to help CH-based customers. You even get 3000 M&M miles for opening an account with Deutsche Bank.

And it's conveniently located right near the main train station in Konstanz, which has direct ICN service from Zürich HB.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 1:17 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

M&M card for non-DE account holders?

Hi,

I was just reading up on the M&M Business Mastercard which is if I understood correctly should be free for SEN. Also that even though I don't have an German bank account, I should still be able to apply for the card provided all my details and financial status by any bank in the EU where I have my account.

Since my german is not the best, just wanted to confirm that what I understood is correct.

Is there any cons with this card? I went for the Business card because it included some coverage for car rentals..

Any inputs would be appreciated...

Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by alex0683de
In case anyone else is looking, the Deutsche Bank branch in Konstanz is also more than happy to help CH-based customers.
I would like to think that the local Credit Suisse branch in Kreuzlingen is also more than happy to help DE-based customers...
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by airoli
I would like to think that the local Credit Suisse branch in Kreuzlingen is also more than happy to help DE-based customers...
On a personal note - I doubt that the CS boys in Kreuzlingen will do anything - they qualify as the absolute worst banksubsidary I ever had to deal with - and we were customers in good standing for over 40 years with them ....

Cheers

Thomas
Old May 1, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Poste payments

My swisscard statement of January mentions that the conditions for payment at Post Office counters has changed.
It states it is now subject to third party fees which will be charged to your account.
I've checked on swisscard website and could not find details on this. Does anyone know how much are these fees (I always pay via e-banking)?

This leads to my real question. Could this mean a change to the "Poste" policy and that we can start paying the orange slip with credit card?
Orange slips AFAIK can only be paid cash or with Post cards.

Thanks
GBM
Old May 1, 2010, 4:01 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
My swisscard statement of January mentions that the conditions for payment at Post Office counters has changed.
It states it is now subject to third party fees which will be charged to your account.
I've checked on swisscard website and could not find details on this. Does anyone know how much are these fees (I always pay via e-banking)?

This leads to my real question. Could this mean a change to the "Poste" policy and that we can start paying the orange slip with credit card?

Thanks
GBM
do you want to pay your credit card with another credit card ??
I haven't heard anything about Post fees, I would be surprised to be honest. But if any, you can still pay Swisscard through their bank account (CS) or by direct debit.
Old May 2, 2010, 5:07 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
If you pay using online banking, there is no fee. The fee is only imposed on cash payments at the post office.

The fees for cash payments at the post office have been in place for years, those fees are charged to the recipient of the payment. Only recently Swisscard has decided to charge those fees to the card holder.

According to the monthly credit card statements from Swisscard they mention that fees are charged according to the postal tariff. This tariff can be found here: Link in German / Link in English - the fees are on page 17, they start at CHF 0.90 and go up depending on the amount of the payment.

There is also an explanation in the FAQs on the Swisscard homepage: Link in German / Link in English So they do "only" charge the exact fee they have to pay to Swiss Post.

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Orange slips can be paid using online banking just fine. If you pay them at a postal office using a Postcard, this is still considered a cash payment and the fee associated with cash payments will be deducted from the recipient's account.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:42 am

Warning for those collecting miles via Credit Suisse / Swisscard program called pointup: Conversion used to be 4000 M&M miles for 10’000 points. Now there is a message on the award description page: starting June 1st, 2010, this award will cost 12’000 points.
Old May 22, 2010, 1:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,
cs amex/visa online soon

Just a note, spoke with Credit Suisse and they said their miles and more cards will have online access soon. They defined soon as "next couple of months".
Old May 22, 2010, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by begemot
They defined soon as "next couple of months".
I wouldn't count on it. They have been stating it would be available "in the next couple of months" for several years now...
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: MM, OZ, OK
HI,

hope I hit the right thread for my question. If not, please forgive me, I'm fairly new to the board.

I am thinking of replacing my normal UBS credit card with one from M&M Swiss. What I couldn't find any information on, is how it's handling flight bookings. If I pay them with the M&M credit card, will the status miles automatically be added to my account or does it just apply for the award miles?

Background is that I would like to go on collecting status miles on Asiana Club, but award miles are more useful when i get them on M&M.

Has anyone ever dealt with this?
Thanks for your help
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by AvroFan
I am thinking of replacing my normal UBS credit card with one from M&M Swiss. What I couldn't find any information on, is how it's handling flight bookings. If I pay them with the M&M credit card, will the status miles automatically be added to my account or does it just apply for the award miles?
The Swiss M&M credit cards work just like any other credit card for flight bookings, but you will get xx award miles for yy CHF spent with the card. There is no automatic feature to add your M&M number to any booking you make with your M&M card, so you can add any frequent flyer number to your booking, either while you are making the booking, or still at check-in.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: MM, OZ, OK
Splendid, thanks for the quick answer
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:00 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
just a short note regarding the SWISS M&M credit card: Be aware that the processing fee for foreign currency transactions is 2.5%, whereas at UBS you have 1.0%, which can make quite a difference if you have a lot of transactions in other currencies.
But of course, it is still worth the 15.000 miles! In fact, I´ll have both in future: the UBS card, and the SWISS M&M cards (actually three: the UBS card and the two M&M cards...)
Old May 31, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
OT: other CHF credit cards

A bit of an off topic question.

I've got both Swisscards and Cornercard. My M&M is quite healthy and I'm looking into cutting back on the earnings via CC and trying to start another FFP/hotel/Amex card.
From what I've managed to gather the only other opportunities for CHF based cards are FB or AMEX (pointup or Rewards)
All with pretty terrible earn/burn vs SwissCards/M&M.

I was looking into SPG or Hilton but could not find any for Switzerland.

So the real question, is anybody Swiss based using a CC throwing miles/points at some other FFP/hotel that makes sense (In your opinion as this is all relative)?

Thanks
GBM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.