Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Head directly to the A shower. E lounges often have a queue for the showers, never seen a queue at A lounges (since the remodelling, at least).

Oh, and it's Schengen, not Shenzhen. Even though they do have very nice lounges too in their network
Thanks....and good catch
Old May 28, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Booked a LH / LX F-trip with a recently expired "companion" offer.
Will arrive from PEK to ZRH (probably to E-terminal) and travel 5 hrs later to OSL.

Will it be a breeze to get off the plane and get into the F lounge in E?
Old May 28, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by magnus.ant
Booked a LH / LX F-trip with a recently expired "companion" offer.
Will arrive from PEK to ZRH (probably to E-terminal) and travel 5 hrs later to OSL.

Will it be a breeze to get off the plane and get into the F lounge in E?
You'll need to pass security upon arrival. If you like to stay at the E Gates, that means a "regular" security vs. minivan drive to A gates and "First" security there on arrival. Regular security is perfectly fine, though.

The PEK flight really is no fun due to the crazy early departure time.
magnus.ant likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You'll need to pass security upon arrival. If you like to stay at the E Gates, that means a "regular" security vs. minivan drive to A gates and "First" security there on arrival. Regular security is perfectly fine, though.

The PEK flight really is no fun due to the crazy early departure time.
Seems like E lounge is worth it, no?

We have 5 hrs so we can go to A with loads of time.

Yeah the pek flight is too early. But it was the only option to get us back on Sunday and no need for an extra day off work. We'll spend the night before in airport hotel, and go straight to the flight without breakfast. I'm sure Swiss will serve us some nice food in F 😊
Old May 28, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by magnus.ant
Seems like E lounge is worth it, no?

We have 5 hrs so we can go to A with loads of time.

Yeah the pek flight is too early. But it was the only option to get us back on Sunday and no need for an extra day off work. We'll spend the night before in airport hotel, and go straight to the flight without breakfast. I'm sure Swiss will serve us some nice food in F 😊
Yes, the E lounge definitely is worth it in such case. Have fun!

Staying at an airport hotel is quite the way to go for the last night in PEK. If you're Hilton Gold or higher, it was always a upgrade to a full suite for me. Nice lounge there as well.
magnus.ant likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:47 am

Any idea if access is allowed to Sen Lounge on *A Gold the night before? Say 8pm for a 10am flight the next day? As will be staying in the transit hotel.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:14 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
yes, no access for you
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Hello! I've tried to search this topic, but couldn't find the correct answer, or it wasn't clear enough.

Me and my family are traveling on Business Class (Swiss Air LX) tickets and I hold a Star Alliance Gold card (Turkish Airlines), I need some advice on which lounge would be our best option based on your opinion, never been to Zurich airport before. I've read that E terminal lounges are the best ones (less crowded) but A terminal are newer, so:
Is it better to access the Business Class Lounges (available for Business Class passengers) or the Senator Lounges (available for Star Alliance Gold)?

I'll arrive Zurich from Sao Paulo (GRU) and later depart to Berlin.

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by stevespam
Hello! I've tried to search this topic, but couldn't find the correct answer, or it wasn't clear enough.

Me and my family are traveling on Business Class (Swiss Air LX) tickets and I hold a Star Alliance Gold card (Turkish Airlines), I need some advice on which lounge would be our best option based on your opinion, never been to Zurich airport before. I've read that E terminal lounges are the best ones (less crowded) but A terminal are newer, so:
Is it better to access the Business Class Lounges (available for Business Class passengers) or the Senator Lounges (available for Star Alliance Gold)?

I'll arrive Zurich from Sao Paulo (GRU) and later depart to Berlin.

Thanks!
The Senator lounges are nicer than the Business Class lounges, and the lounge in E is much nicer (larger, has natural light, better food offering) than in A.
stevespam likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
The Senator lounges are nicer than the Business Class lounges, and the lounge in E is much nicer (larger, has natural light, better food offering) than in A.
Thank you PeanutYYZ!
I'll stick to the Senator Lounges on E (preferable).

Steve
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Swiss A330 are getting long in the tooth with their tiny IFE monitor in business class. Will there be any refreshes to the cabin or abandonment of the A330 in favour of more modern aircraft ?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Swiss A330 are getting long in the tooth with their tiny IFE monitor in business class. Will there be any refreshes to the cabin or abandonment of the A330 in favour of more modern aircraft ?
It would be nice to once experience a consistent product on the entire long haul fleet. Currently it was not yet decided if the A330's will leave the fleet in a few years and be used to replace the OS long haul fleet for instance or if they will stay in the fleet until around 2030 which would then hopefully see a upgrade of the cabin within the next 2.3 years from now
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:12 am

A few questions from a first-time LX-flyer:

I have zero status on any * airline. I will be flying in C on LX253 from Tel Aviv, arriving at 7:15 pm. I will be connecting the next morning to IAD on UA53 (booked under the LX codeshare number), also in C.

I was wondering if on my arrival in Zurich, either my boarding pass from the TLV flight I just got off of or the boarding pass for the next morning's flight would get me into a lounge?
Also, as someone who doesn't get to do this very often, is there a particular lounge I should try out either the evening of arrival or morning of departure for the "full experience"?

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:34 am

No lounge access upon arrival.

I suppose you've means to access Schengen, otherwise your stay at ZRH will be a very sad one

Just head out into the city, 7.15pm arrival is early enough to spend couple hours in the city before taking a rest.

The C lounge in E gates (where you arrive/depart from most probably) is the best C lounge for you. It's a reasonable good lounge, but don't expect a great experience (ie, it's much better than what LX offers at TLV, but much less than what you'd get in airports like SIN)
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Just getting around to posting these photos now. Arrived on LX mid-morning.

Mods - I was looking for a thread specifically for the ZRH Arrivals' lounge. There are quite a few going back a number of years, and some include posts suggesting this main thread. Feel free to move or merge this post, thanks.
1Newflyer and magnus.ant like this.

Last edited by 24left; Jul 28, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.