Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
The Swiss arrival's lounge is only available to SEN or above and those in business and first inbount on Swiss.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Actually, FTL also

Nevertheless that's not an option here due to UA arrival.
This is not accurate. The Swiss Arrivals Lounge is available for use by any *A partner’s (UA, or, otherwise) *A Gold members, arriving on a partner’s aircraft. I’ve used it for several years, 6-8 times/year, in fact, just last month.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Since you’re not on a *A connection, I don’t think you’ll be able to use any ZRH Swiss Lounges in Terminals E or A. I’ve found the Prime Class Lounge (Priority Pass) to be quite acceptable and I think it even has showers. However, you might be able to use the Swiss Arrivals Lounge since you’re *A Gold. I used it last month. Just be prepared to take the train to Passport Control and then go landside to the lounge. When you’re ready to go to your departing gate, you’ll have to go through security and passport control to get to your gate.

Just an FYI: don’t wait until the last moment to go to your gate from the Arrivals Lounge. When we were there last month, two international flights from the previous day had been canceled. In the past 20 years, I have never seen such long lines to go through security and passport control at ZRH. Better to be safe than sorry.
I imagine the Swiss arrivals lounge is better than primeclass. I did not see showers listed for primeclass, maybe PP doesnt get it.
Prime class is in E at non-schengen. Will I be able to access it upon arrival? do I get dumped into the same area when I get off my UA flight? or am I sent straight to customs?
From what I read, *A Gold cannot access the Swiss Arrivals lounge by policy, however there are a few reports of people being granted access so I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
Yeah, going landside, I won't leave it til the last minute. Especially my first time going there.

Last edited by eng3; Jun 21, 2023 at 3:08 pm
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
I imagine the Swiss arrivals lounge is better than primeclass. It is. However, if your flight arrives late, I wouldn’t chance going landside. If it arrives early or on time, no problem.
Prime class is in E at non-schengen. Will I be able to access it upon arrival? It’s a relatively short walk from your UA arrival gate.
From what I read, *A Gold cannot access the Swiss Arrivals lounge by policy, however there are a few reports of people being granted access so I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I can only report my personal experiences.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I imagine the Swiss arrivals lounge is better than primeclass. I did not see showers listed for primeclass, maybe PP doesnt get it.
Prime class is in E at non-schengen. Will I be able to access it upon arrival? do I get dumped into the same area when I get off my UA flight? or am I sent straight to customs?
From what I read, *A Gold cannot access the Swiss Arrivals lounge by policy, however there are a few reports of people being granted access so I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
Yeah, going landside, I won't leave it til the last minute. Especially my first time going there.
UA arrival will deboard into E secure (departure) concourse. You can access Primeclass lounge.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 2:36 am

This is not accurate. The Swiss Arrivals Lounge is available for use by any *A partner’s (UA, or, otherwise) *A Gold members, arriving on a partner’s aircraft. I’ve used it for several years, 6-8 times/year, in fact, just last month.
Are you really sure about this?

https://www.swiss.com/us/en/fly/airp...lounges-zurich

I was under the impression that the Arrival lounge is only for C&F pax arriving on LH Group airlines (and a few extra's like UA..) and/or M&M members (FTL/SEN/HON) arriving on any *A carrier.

I thought if you're arriving on, say, SQ in F, you won't have access, even if you're Krisflyer Gold (as an example). However, a pax in SQ Y which holds FTL will get admitted.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

I was under the impression that the Arrival lounge is only for C&F pax arriving on LH Group airlines (and a few extra's like UA..) and/or M&M members (FTL/SEN/HON) arriving on any *A carrier.

I thought if you're arriving on, say, SQ in F, you won't have access, even if you're Krisflyer Gold (as an example). However, a pax in SQ Y which holds FTL will get admitted.
I can only relate my personal experiences as a UA 1K. I’ve been admitted regardless of my ticketed cabin. If I’m wrong about other *A partners and their *Gold members, I’ll stand corrected.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:20 am

I can only relate my personal experiences as a UA 1K. I’ve been admitted regardless of my ticketed cabin. If I’m wrong about other *A partners and their *Gold members, I’ll stand corrected.
It might be that UA 1K's are somehow included, just as apparently UA C pax have access to the Arrival lounge from what I've heard. I've seen other (don't remember which program) Gold members being denied entrance on Y tickets, but that was prior to Covid, but I am fairly sure LX hasn't changed that rule. After all, they'll NOT get paid by other airlines for lounge access, so it's like a contract lounge that LX, LH and UA (seemingly) have a contract with - but other *A airlines don't. So LX/LH/UA elites are having their entry fee paid by their respective airlines, while others don't.
FLYMSY likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Just had a lovely flight from BCN to ZRH. It felt like we started our descent a bit early, then the captain came on and said, "We've received permission for a special low-altitude route through the alps, I hope you enjoy the scenery." The next 5 minutes were absolutely breathtaking as we flew below the level of the highest peaks, getting stunning views of the Eiger, Jungfraujoch and others.

It's my first time flying Swiss in a couple of decades, and I wondered how typical these "special low altitude" flight paths are? A unique treat, or something the airline often does on sunny days?
MichielR and kai.lileboo like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

I read a few reviews that state that there are "reports" of *G getting access eventhough they should not based on whats on the website. I assume its a YMMV.
It would be nice to know for sure since I'd probably skip the hassle of going landside only to get rejected. Plus I'd probably skip the "Primeclass" lounge.

Originally Posted by atourgates
Just had a lovely flight from BCN to ZRH. It felt like we started our descent a bit early, then the captain came on and said, "We've received permission for a special low-altitude route through the alps, I hope you enjoy the scenery." The next 5 minutes were absolutely breathtaking as we flew below the level of the highest peaks, getting stunning views of the Eiger, Jungfraujoch and others.

It's my first time flying Swiss in a couple of decades, and I wondered how typical these "special low altitude" flight paths are? A unique treat, or something the airline often does on sunny days?
Were you able to see the lounge from this "Special low altitude" path? Otherwise I'm a little confused by the post
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:39 am

Were you able to see the lounge from this "Special low altitude" path? Otherwise I'm a little confused by the post
Confuses me also since this thread is about lounges at ZRH. Maybe, it was the compensation that Swiss offered for not allowing access to the Arrivals Lounge. 🤷‍♂️ 😁
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Confuses me also since this thread is about lounges at ZRH. Maybe, it was the compensation that Swiss offered for not allowing access to the Arrivals Lounge. 🤷‍♂️ 😁
Oh come on, this definitely was the special LX Alpine Lounge
Old Jul 9, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC 50K, National Exec, Hertz Pres. Circle, HH Gold, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I'm travelling out of ZRH on AC with a party of three in a few days. As a Star Gold, do I have access to the Business Lounge? The Swiss site reads like I can only access the Senator lounge. I'm intending to guest one passenger in the Business Lounge, and purchase a lounge pass for the other. Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2023, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ThatBri
I'm travelling out of ZRH on AC with a party of three in a few days. As a Star Gold, do I have access to the Business Lounge? The Swiss site reads like I can only access the Senator lounge. I'm intending to guest one passenger in the Business Lounge, and purchase a lounge pass for the other. Thanks!
Yes, no problem, obviously the SEN lounge is better but you have access to the business class lounge also.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I'm happy to say staffing and service levels have improved since my last visit. There is a definitive downgrade compared with pre-covid, particularly with language skills, however, the staff is available and helpful.

Dragons are also well acquainted with the procedure of admitting non-SEN *G member with lesser M&M status on the BP (in my case FTL).
Old Jul 11, 2023, 10:39 pm

Lounge Access

Newcomer to using lounges and a bit perplexed on access..
We'll be flying ORD-ZRH-LIS. Flying into ZRH on Swiss Business and out of ZRH on TAP Business. No Star Alliance Gold status.
Since we're flying in on LX, will we be able to access the airside center Swiss lounges during our layover or only the arrivals lounge?
Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.