Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:56 pm

As of when I visited two days ago, the ZRH Senator E lounge is cooking scrambled eggs to order, No more eggs sitting in the warming pan. Topping choices are chives and/or cheese. Same limited food items otherwise.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:58 am

Spoiler

Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SFO-ZRH in F, connecting to FCO with 2 hours at ZRH. Should we go to the E or A lounge?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kacee
SFO-ZRH in F, connecting to FCO with 2 hours at ZRH. Should we go to the E or A lounge?
F Lounge E is a wonderful lounge with great views of the airfield and traffic. Great food offerings. I'd go for "E".
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by 59Impala
F Lounge E is a wonderful lounge with great views of the airfield and traffic. Great food offerings. I'd go for "E".
A vote for A. You will be driven from the plane to the lounge in A, past the separate immigration booth. And the lounge in A serves a nice meal, too.

If you go to E you will have to go through security and take the train to A via regular passport control - all pretty smooth at ZRH but still.
chris63 and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by padr
I am travelling on the LX marketed, CX operated, ZRH-HKG in J.

I have no *A status, but do have OWE (BA Gold).

What lounges can I access at ZRH for this flight, if any?

Thank you in advance!
Not sure I can fully clear this one up as I had the following experience:

At check in, given lounge invitation for Aspire E.

Tried Alpine lounge, pointed out LX marketing on BP, asked if I had *A status (I don't), then denied access.

Tried Swiss lounge E, pointed out LX marketing on BP and then welcomed into the senator lounge.

Tried a few whiskeys at the bar and so skipped the Aspire lounge!
Old Dec 24, 2022, 9:55 am

Thanks.

Friend flying on TG in Y, FTL, was denied access (wrongly!) to the A lounge. (Seemingly the TG system isn't really connected well with that from Swisshansa..)

E lounge (Business area) was no issue at all to access, as it obviously should be. Nonstop you!
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Originally Posted by MichielR
A vote for A. You will be driven from the plane to the lounge in A, past the separate immigration booth. And the lounge in A serves a nice meal, too.

If you go to E you will have to go through security and take the train to A via regular passport control - all pretty smooth at ZRH but still.
Thank you both. Having now read up on the "Welcome" service, I'm thinking we'll take advantage of that and with only 2 hours total stick with the lounge in A, even though E might be preferable purely from a lounge perspective.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: LH SEN
According to the email from Swiss this morning, the non-schengen lounges in D will re-open in Q1 this year after a total refit.

Great news.

​​​
EuropeanPete, gojko88 and aflo like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MathAviation7
Well, that is very interesting. Tried accessing the Alpine Lounge in June (LX website said LHG business had access), but the lounge agent denied me access stating I needed to have *G in order to enter. They really need to be more clear about the entry access rules, especially with the signage.
​​​​​​​Went to Alpine lounge today - the signage at the entrance of the lounge (bottom of the stairs) now says access is for status passengers and does not mention business class.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Went to Alpine lounge today - the signage at the entrance of the lounge (bottom of the stairs) now says access is for status passengers and does not mention business class.
It has been like this for at least six months. Curious and very un-Swiss that the website has been outdated for so long.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Flying ZRH-PMI in a couple days on WK metal but ticket was booked under LX codeshare flight nr. on the LX website - do I get lounge access as a TAP *G or no as flight's operated by WK?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by CH_flyer
Flying ZRH-PMI in a couple days on WK metal but ticket was booked under LX codeshare flight nr. on the LX website - do I get lounge access as a TAP *G or no as flight's operated by WK?
Probably not. I had the same with EW on ticket bought and issued by LH. But report back in a few days please
Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by MitjaPod
Probably not. I had the same with EW on ticket bought and issued by LH. But report back in a few days please
was the flight nr on the ticket EW or LH?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by CH_flyer
was the flight nr on the ticket EW or LH?
Was 4Y, but I was told it doesn't make a difference. Especially for lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.