Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by hansepoint
Flying ZHR-SIN next week in F and connecting in ZRH arriving in the A terminal from within EU. Was wondering what current recommendations with all the new changes and construction there were regarding the F Lounges: F Lounge in T E still recommended over the one in T A?
Should we go to the F Lounge in A and ask for a transfer drive to the E Lounge or don't bother and aim to make a quick Heidi-train-ride? We have about 2 hours between arrival and boarding of the next leg. Thanks for any advice / recent experiences !
As the new FCL is not finished yet, the recommendation goes for the lounge in E. According to recent reports, they have already started the renovation within the old FCL A, hence a part of that lounge is also closed.

As to the limousine ride: Personally, I wouldn't bother, as you might have to wait for the ride anyway, and particularly if you arrive at concourse B, the additional walk to the FCL A might not be worth it.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bruce80
As to the limousine ride: Personally, I wouldn't bother, as you might have to wait for the ride anyway, and particularly if you arrive at concourse B, the additional walk to the FCL A might not be worth it.
Never had to wait, basically always got whisked to E immediately. But perhaps you have another experience? Could be because I mostly travel with my colleague.
I also like the benefit of not having to walk all the way to the end of E to go up to the lounge when exiting the Heidibahn.

Lounge wise I'd pick E anytime over A. Good views, more spacious and thus more of a private atmosphere.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Never had to wait, basically always got whisked to E immediately. But perhaps you have another experience? Could be because I mostly travel with my colleague.
Actually, I don't have any experience of going to the A lounge just in order to be driven to E - so far, I have always skipped that part (both when connecting and originating in ZRH), as others have reported that there might be a wait.

On my last limo ride from the A lounge (which happened before the one in E was built), they scheduled a single ride for all passengers departing around the same time, and I would expect someone to just transfer to E to be put onto an already scheduled ride towards E if there is any within the next few minutes. On the other hand, now that the E lounge is open, there might not be as many passengers using the A lounge and then taking a ride to their plane in E, while they might still "collect" a few people before actually driving (not sure about the number of cars in their fleet).
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I've never had to wait either, although a couple of weeks ago I took advice from the forum that the Heidi Train was faster so skipped FCL A and went for the train... got stuck in a 10 minute passport queue leaving A...

So, go to FCL A and get the limo ride
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:14 am

Children in ZRH Senator Lounge

Has anyone else experienced problems recently with young children in the main section of the ZRH E Gate Senator Lounge?
I've never had a problem before on my numerous visits but trying to work there one day this week during a lengthy layover I experienced first an extremely young baby screaming its head off for over an hour followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate.
I appreciate I could have relocated to the Whisky Bar or elsewhere.
Is this a recent phenomenon or have I just been lucky before?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by duan
Has anyone else experienced problems recently with young children in the main section of the ZRH E Gate Senator Lounge?
I've never had a problem before on my numerous visits but trying to work there one day this week during a lengthy layover I experienced first an extremely young baby screaming its head off for over an hour followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate.
I appreciate I could have relocated to the Whisky Bar or elsewhere.
Is this a recent phenomenon or have I just been lucky before?
That's life, kids are thankfully a part of it.

It's probably peak season for kids in the lounges, as it's still school summer vacation time in some parts of central Europe. Hence the higher number of families travelling together. Will be over soon.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
That's life, kids are thankfully a part of it.
Obviously, kids were factored into his life at that time, why should they be. Most specifically the uncontrolled disturbance ascribed to the parents ignorance. I can just see the guy going and thanking the parents for the privilege.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Obviously, kids were factored into his life at that time, why should they be. Most specifically the uncontrolled disturbance ascribed to the parents ignorance. I can just see the guy going and thanking the parents for the privilege.
The staff at the lounge is instructed to ask families to go to certain areas of the lounge, to ensure that other areas are quiet enough for work or even just for the enjoyment of a glass of whisky without being disturbed by noise (e.g. the bar is declared a quiet zone at the moment). Don't blame parents that some some people want to own the whole lounge...
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
The staff at the lounge is instructed to ask families to go to certain areas of the lounge, to ensure that other areas are quiet enough for work or even just for the enjoyment of a glass of whisky without being disturbed by noise (e.g. the bar is declared a quiet zone at the moment). Don't blame parents that some some people want to own the whole lounge...
Did you forget to read....
"....followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate......"

Or the designated area has a running track for kids?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Did you forget to read....
"....followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate......"

Or the designated area has a running track for kids?
Just accept kids as a fact of life and enjoy the adult/quiet sections there are. I am at that lounge at least once a week (90 percent of the time without my kids) and have never had a problem finding a quiet spot. Most of the time the lounge is actually eerily quiet...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:18 am

I would like to provide some additional data points for the D Business Lounge, which is the only lounge with a shower that is available to us statusless plebs on Priority Pass:

- The journey from A/B/E to D is very easy if you are able to walk, no wait at security or immigration on my last four trips
- D lounge gets VERY busy in the mid afternoon
- There is one shower for the whole lounge, so depending on your luck there may be a considerable wait (however I was successful on my two most recent tries)

Safe travels everyone
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: OKplus, M&M, SASEurobonus, Goldpoints, Priority Club, HH & more
Limo E->A ?

Will arrive with TG (most likely to E gates). Having short 40 min connection to Prague. Will have HON status by that time. Would they drive me by limo from the E-gates FCL to the plane? Or do I need to go by train in any case?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Asiana Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Smoking Business Lounge Gates E

Dear community
is it possible to smoke in the Business Lounge at Gates E on the terrace?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Gregorious90
Dear community
NO!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Gregorious90
Dear community
As pointed out, you cannot smoke on the terrace but there are smoking lounges at ZRH, including by the E gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.