Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Old Sep 4, 17, 6:08 am
  #1111  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EDKA, STR, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Posts: 943
Originally Posted by hansepoint View Post
Flying ZHR-SIN next week in F and connecting in ZRH arriving in the A terminal from within EU. Was wondering what current recommendations with all the new changes and construction there were regarding the F Lounges: F Lounge in T E still recommended over the one in T A?
Should we go to the F Lounge in A and ask for a transfer drive to the E Lounge or don't bother and aim to make a quick Heidi-train-ride? We have about 2 hours between arrival and boarding of the next leg. Thanks for any advice / recent experiences !
As the new FCL is not finished yet, the recommendation goes for the lounge in E. According to recent reports, they have already started the renovation within the old FCL A, hence a part of that lounge is also closed.

As to the limousine ride: Personally, I wouldn't bother, as you might have to wait for the ride anyway, and particularly if you arrive at concourse B, the additional walk to the FCL A might not be worth it.
bruce80 is offline  
Old Sep 4, 17, 3:30 pm
  #1112  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BRU-ZRH
Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 700
Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
As to the limousine ride: Personally, I wouldn't bother, as you might have to wait for the ride anyway, and particularly if you arrive at concourse B, the additional walk to the FCL A might not be worth it.
Never had to wait, basically always got whisked to E immediately. But perhaps you have another experience? Could be because I mostly travel with my colleague.
I also like the benefit of not having to walk all the way to the end of E to go up to the lounge when exiting the Heidibahn.

Lounge wise I'd pick E anytime over A. Good views, more spacious and thus more of a private atmosphere.
The Wolf is offline  
Old Sep 5, 17, 8:16 am
  #1113  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EDKA, STR, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Posts: 943
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Never had to wait, basically always got whisked to E immediately. But perhaps you have another experience? Could be because I mostly travel with my colleague.
Actually, I don't have any experience of going to the A lounge just in order to be driven to E - so far, I have always skipped that part (both when connecting and originating in ZRH), as others have reported that there might be a wait.

On my last limo ride from the A lounge (which happened before the one in E was built), they scheduled a single ride for all passengers departing around the same time, and I would expect someone to just transfer to E to be put onto an already scheduled ride towards E if there is any within the next few minutes. On the other hand, now that the E lounge is open, there might not be as many passengers using the A lounge and then taking a ride to their plane in E, while they might still "collect" a few people before actually driving (not sure about the number of cars in their fleet).
bruce80 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 17, 7:18 am
  #1114  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Posts: 774
I've never had to wait either, although a couple of weeks ago I took advice from the forum that the Heidi Train was faster so skipped FCL A and went for the train... got stuck in a 10 minute passport queue leaving A...

So, go to FCL A and get the limo ride
vantage03 is offline  
Old Sep 8, 17, 7:14 am
  #1115  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 109
Children in ZRH Senator Lounge

Has anyone else experienced problems recently with young children in the main section of the ZRH E Gate Senator Lounge?
I've never had a problem before on my numerous visits but trying to work there one day this week during a lengthy layover I experienced first an extremely young baby screaming its head off for over an hour followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate.
I appreciate I could have relocated to the Whisky Bar or elsewhere.
Is this a recent phenomenon or have I just been lucky before?
duan is offline  
Old Sep 9, 17, 1:13 pm
  #1116  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,045
Originally Posted by duan View Post
Has anyone else experienced problems recently with young children in the main section of the ZRH E Gate Senator Lounge?
I've never had a problem before on my numerous visits but trying to work there one day this week during a lengthy layover I experienced first an extremely young baby screaming its head off for over an hour followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate.
I appreciate I could have relocated to the Whisky Bar or elsewhere.
Is this a recent phenomenon or have I just been lucky before?
That's life, kids are thankfully a part of it.

It's probably peak season for kids in the lounges, as it's still school summer vacation time in some parts of central Europe. Hence the higher number of families travelling together. Will be over soon.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Sep 9, 17, 3:05 pm
  #1117  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West
Posts: 3,333
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
That's life, kids are thankfully a part of it.
Obviously, kids were factored into his life at that time, why should they be. Most specifically the uncontrolled disturbance ascribed to the parents ignorance. I can just see the guy going and thanking the parents for the privilege.
1Newflyer is offline  
Old Sep 9, 17, 4:33 pm
  #1118  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,045
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
Obviously, kids were factored into his life at that time, why should they be. Most specifically the uncontrolled disturbance ascribed to the parents ignorance. I can just see the guy going and thanking the parents for the privilege.
The staff at the lounge is instructed to ask families to go to certain areas of the lounge, to ensure that other areas are quiet enough for work or even just for the enjoyment of a glass of whisky without being disturbed by noise (e.g. the bar is declared a quiet zone at the moment). Don't blame parents that some some people want to own the whole lounge...
worldclubber is offline  
Old Sep 9, 17, 5:13 pm
  #1119  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West
Posts: 3,333
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
The staff at the lounge is instructed to ask families to go to certain areas of the lounge, to ensure that other areas are quiet enough for work or even just for the enjoyment of a glass of whisky without being disturbed by noise (e.g. the bar is declared a quiet zone at the moment). Don't blame parents that some some people want to own the whole lounge...
Did you forget to read....
"....followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate......"

Or the designated area has a running track for kids?
1Newflyer is offline  
Old Sep 9, 17, 5:37 pm
  #1120  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,045
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
Did you forget to read....
"....followed almost immediately by two under 5 year old boys running up and down the wooden floor incessantly for a further 2 hours or so making it very difficult to concentrate......"

Or the designated area has a running track for kids?
Just accept kids as a fact of life and enjoy the adult/quiet sections there are. I am at that lounge at least once a week (90 percent of the time without my kids) and have never had a problem finding a quiet spot. Most of the time the lounge is actually eerily quiet...
worldclubber is offline  
Old Sep 21, 17, 6:18 am
  #1121  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 239
I would like to provide some additional data points for the D Business Lounge, which is the only lounge with a shower that is available to us statusless plebs on Priority Pass:

- The journey from A/B/E to D is very easy if you are able to walk, no wait at security or immigration on my last four trips
- D lounge gets VERY busy in the mid afternoon
- There is one shower for the whole lounge, so depending on your luck there may be a considerable wait (however I was successful on my two most recent tries)

Safe travels everyone
Agneisse is offline  
Old Sep 25, 17, 9:53 am
  #1122  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: OKplus, M&M, SASEurobonus, Goldpoints, Priority Club, HH & more
Posts: 34
Limo E->A ?

Will arrive with TG (most likely to E gates). Having short 40 min connection to Prague. Will have HON status by that time. Would they drive me by limo from the E-gates FCL to the plane? Or do I need to go by train in any case?
jorge_PRG is offline  
Old Sep 28, 17, 5:57 am
  #1123  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: LH Silver
Posts: 7
Smoking Business Lounge Gates E

Dear community
is it possible to smoke in the Business Lounge at Gates E on the terrace?
Gregorious90 is offline  
Old Sep 28, 17, 8:48 am
  #1124  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,535
Originally Posted by Gregorious90 View Post
Dear community
is it possible to smoke in the Business Lounge at Gates E on the terrace?
NO!
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 29, 17, 10:02 am
  #1125  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,682
Originally Posted by Gregorious90 View Post
Dear community
is it possible to smoke in the Business Lounge at Gates E on the terrace?
As pointed out, you cannot smoke on the terrace but there are smoking lounges at ZRH, including by the E gates.
MichielR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread