Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:45 am

Pleasure Temple.... Hahahahaha!

Now maybe I should indulge in its delights!
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jasepl
Thanks for that. I was actually wondering how much time I should give it to to a T5 checkin, then Polaris lounge and then back to T5.
I would budget an hour for that, maybe 45 min with pre-check. Worth it? Well, that depends on how much you value a visit to a very good lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by jasepl
Thanks for that. I was actually wondering how much time I should give it to to a T5 checkin, then Polaris lounge and then back to T5. .
I think it depends on your familiarity with O'Hare to some extent and ability to move from point to point efficiently..... After T5 check-in you will need to take the rail transit from T5 to T1, the train runs every 15 mins and add 15 mins for the ride to T1 (so assume 1/2 hr max)... at T1 you have to clear security (and time to clear will be dependent on time of day you are are clearing) but I usually clear in about 15 mins with Pre-Check, then it's a 5-10 min walk out to C Concourse in T1 where the Polaris lounge is located.... after "X" time at Polaris Lounge you can save some time by using the bus transit airside at Gate B1... so a walk back from C Concourse to B Concourse and the to Gate B1.. assume 15 mins.... and the bus runs direct to airside gates in T5, with the bus running every 15 mins plus you have to assume at least 15 mins to traverse the tarmac area around the T 1/2/3 area and out to T5... so assume 30 mins to be safe.... so in total, I think you need to allow anywhere from 1 hour 15 mins (optimistically) to 1 hr 45 mins (realistically) plus the time you desire to spend in Polaris lounge.

If you are originating in Chicago, then I would think you are better served gauging you arrival to spend minimal time at T5 and skip Polaris... but if connecting through ORD then just make sure you have ample time.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Brostman
If you are originating in Chicago, then I would think you are better served gauging you arrival to spend minimal time at T5 and skip Polaris... but if connecting through ORD then just make sure you have ample time.
Thanks for that. I am originating in Chicago and that's what I'm going to do: get to the airport as late as possible (1.30 pm ish) and then plonk myself at the gate.

I'm somewhat familiar with ORD, but haven't used T5 in forever. I mean the last time was back when security took about two minutes total, including waiting in line!
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
If you are departing from a UA Domestic to ORD and bags are checked in - how much earlier you need to be in SWISS gates for passport check?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 12:50 am

Flew out of Chicago in F earlier this month. As planned, I got to ORD just about an hour before departure.

Checked in and security took less than 10 minutes combined (yay for pre check). They said I could use the SAS lounge.

I just walked past it and saw about 15 people waiting to be allowed in (to what most people describe as a most dismal place!). And then I went and plonked myself at the gate.

Everyone who suggested I do this - thanks. Worked out just fine and all in all a straightforward fuss-free departure.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Flew Swiss from ORD on last Friday. Arrived at 4:15 in F Gates . Took 12 mins to get to Polaris Lounge. Had few G&T and had a bite at the Dining room. Left at 5:45 PM, reached Terminal 5 using TTB from B1. Walked to gate for passport check. The Swiss agent pointed to SAS lounge as they are expecting a delay, fully crowded and no place to sit. Walked back to Swissport Lounge, the lounge mentioned, that they are full. Asked to be let in as I need some water. What a pathetic excuse for a lounge. Sat for 10 mins and left to Gate.

I'm glad I was able to get to UA Polaris Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.