Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
Literally the first result when searching for "Swiss ORD"

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35527408-post1929.html
Old Sep 3, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Raul_R
United Polaris lounge is best there
but in the entire wrong terminal
Old Sep 3, 2023, 6:29 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by daumueller
but in the entire wrong terminal
If you go to the Swissport lounge you will realize why many people prefer to encounter TSA checks twice rather than spending 5 minutes in this 'very fine' establishment Beware that security lines at T5 are horrendous, there is no premium fast track and the whole thing looks more like LOS (or maybe even worse than LOS?). Sometimes the Clear folks offer acomplimentary trial - this expedites security checks and if you cancel the membership within the trial period you pay nothing.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
If you go to the Swissport lounge you will realize why many people prefer to encounter TSA checks twice rather than spending 5 minutes in this 'very fine' establishment Beware that security lines at T5 are horrendous, there is no premium fast track and the whole thing looks more like LOS (or maybe even worse than LOS?). Sometimes the Clear folks offer acomplimentary trial - this expedites security checks and if you cancel the membership within the trial period you pay nothing.
The ORD airside bus service to T5 has been restored again, so no need for two security checks anymore.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 8:34 am

My flight leaves at 7pm, given T1 and T5 distance, can I go to ORD around 2pm to check in at the Swiss counter or thats too early and they dont open yet. My thought is get the boarding pass because they have to verify psssport etc. then go through T1 security and bus to T5 around 5pm. I do not have bags to check.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:27 am
hch

The best option is to switch to a UA or LH flight instead and use the Polaris lounge in T1
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:24 pm

The Swiss counter doesn’t open until 3 hours before the flight. I was able to get boarding passes online by entering in the passport information in their app and then had the passport check at the gate, if that is an option. I agree the Polaris is much better than the options in Terminal 5 but Swiss now gives you access to the SAS lounge which is a lot better than the Swissport. It’s small but it’s bright and has a few nice options if you don’t want to switch by bus between the two terminals.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Last fall I had a long layover and spent time in the Polaris lounge until it was time to mosey over to Terminal 5 to the Swiss counter. The bus wasn't running, but the line through security wasn't long at all (I had precheck). But this was before the Terminal 5 expansion had fully opened.

Since I connected in on a UA flight, I didn't have to check luggage with Swiss, so I just waited to check in when I got to Terminal 5. I had no problem getting in to the Polaris lounge even though I didn't have a boarding pass on Swiss. They were able to see my reservation (I booked through United).

The SAS lounge was pretty overcrowded and I didn't enjoy spending much time there. But the Swiss gate was effectively in a hallway at that time, so I didn't enjoy spending much time there either.

If you had a longish layover in ORD, I would say to check out the Polaris Lounge, but if I was originating in ORD, I might just stick with Terminal 5. The new expansion has a lot of open space to chill if the SAS lounge is too crowded.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 1:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The ORD Polaris lounge in T1 by gate C18 is the only nice lounge you can use. Its a lot of fuss to get there though: enter T1, go thru security, walk 10 min to C18. Then after the visit to the polaris pleasure temple you need to find and get on the bus that leaves from T1C to T5. Not for the faint at heart.

The other alternative would be to checkin at T5, pass security, take a look at the offerings the Swissport or SAS lounge have and settle at an eatery in the new section of T5.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by view
The ORD airside bus service to T5 has been restored again, so no need for two security checks anymore.
The last time I flew out of ORD T% was many, many years ago when security took no more than 3-5 minutes! Clearly it's been a while since!

Would you have an estimate on how much before the LX departure from T5 I should leave the Polaris lounge if I do end up there?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 9:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...Pages/tbt.aspx

Terminal Transfer Bus (TTB) ​

While Terminals 1, 2 and 3 have pedestrian connections on the secure side of the airport, Terminal 5 does not.

The Terminal Transfer Bus run every 15 minutes between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. The service has two routes, with one route operating between Terminal 1 and Terminal 5, and another route operating between Terminal 3 and Terminal 5. Both bus routes transport passengers in each direction

Terminal 1 Pick-Up Locations
  • Gate B1
Terminal 3 Pick-Up Locations
  • Gate G17
  • Gate K20
Terminal 5 Pick-Up Location
  • Gate M13
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:32 am

I'm arriving in ORD with LH (T5, I believe) at 6.25pm, connecting at 8pm from a plane that (normally) departs from the F gates in T2. What is faster - re-clearing TSA in T5 (assuming there is a gold track check-point) and taking this bus to T1 or T3 - or taking the train (?) and re-clearing TSA in T1?
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:56 am

The interminal bus is not meant to be used for intl arrivals. You will have to exit, take the train and go thru security in T1. I hope your have global entry, otherwise immigration will take you about 30min on arrival and security in the T1 gold line about 20 min. Good luck!
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:18 am

Thanks for that. I was actually wondering how much time I should give it to to a T5 checkin, then Polaris lounge and then back to T5.

Or more importantly is it even worth it? I usually end up getting to the airport with the bare minimum spare time and typically only use lounges when I have a long-ish connection. So this seems like one of those situations of getting to ORD just around check-in cut off and then go right to the departure gate and just sit it out there.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by jasepl
So this seems like one of those situations of getting to ORD just around check-in cut off and then go right to the departure gate and just sit it out there.
Yep, that is what I would do. If you happen to show up earlier or pass thru security etc quicker than anticipated, sit at one of the many eateries and enjoy a beverage of your choice. The Polaris pleasure temple is not that spectacular to justify all that effort.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.