Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Use the T1 C UA polaris lounge on arrival in ORD, then go to T5 keeping some time in hand for the inter terminal transfer. The T3-T5 bus (TTB) is often suspended, so you have to take the ATS and clear security in T5: https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...s/default.aspx

The SAS lounge reopened, but gets crowded. If you want to eat good food in T5 go the Tortas Frontera by M18: https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/eat...erlocation=M18
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Use the T1 C UA polaris lounge on arrival in ORD, then go to T5 keeping some time in hand for the inter terminal transfer. The T3-T5 bus (TTB) is often suspended, so you have to take the ATS and clear security in T5: https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...s/default.aspx

The SAS lounge reopened, but gets crowded. If you want to eat good food in T5 go the Tortas Frontera by M18: https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/eat...erlocation=M18
The T3-T5 terminal transfer bus hasn’t been operating at all since early on in the pandemic, hasn’t come back yet, and may not be back until some time next year. The transfers from T1/2/3 to T5 all this year too are land-side and thus require re-clearing security.

The SAS lounge is weak, and I much prefer the US airline lounges at the T1/T2/T3 complex over the lounges currently operating at T5.

The Swissport lounge is even weaker than the SAS lounge.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 3:32 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
So I arrived with UA and went to the Polaris lounge. it was packed, lounge ok. at least a view. had some coffee and then went to T5.

SAS lounge totally packed and not apppealing. so went to the Swissport lounge as F passengers and even less appealing. no windows or whatsoever.

no wonder we are the only guests
this is a disgrace for a first class airline like Swiss...

chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The T5 is undergoing a massive rebuild, some of which has been completed and DL moved from T2 to T5. The lounges wll be 'fixed' as part of that.

https://www.ord21.com/projects/Pages/Terminal-5.aspx

Construction of the Terminal 5 expansion began in March 2019. The first phase of the project includes an approximately $1.2 billion investment towards the modernization of O'Hare. The Terminal 5 expansion will:
  • Add 10 new gates to provide 25 percent more gate capacity, improving efficiency and reducing delays
  • Expand the existing building by approximately 350,000 square feet
  • Renovate more than 750,000 square feet of the existing building
  • Add more airline lounge space

Last edited by oliver2002; Oct 25, 2022 at 1:23 am
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The T5 is undergoing a massive rebuild, some of which has been completed and DL moved from T2 to T5. The lounges wll be 'fixed' as part of that.

https://www.ord21.com/projects/Pages/Terminal-5.aspx
Yes, I did see the billboards and construction. I guess it was due to open in 2021.... but delayed due to the pandemic.
Best thing in ORD was security. my wife and I were the only ones.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Smile Terminal Swiss flies from at ORD ( 1 or 5 ) ?

I'm flying a SWISS flight (ORD-ZUR) that I purchased on the United website. Will my flight depart from Terminal 1 (United, Lufthansa flights) or the international terminal 5.

Thanks !!!
Old Mar 2, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
SWISS still uses T5 along with the rest of *A, only Lufthansa & ANA are in the United terminal (with EZ Polaris lounge access). In March 2022 I checked in for an Austrian flight, transferring to T1 and back for that lounge but it’s too long lines at security to do that these days sadly
Old Mar 2, 2023, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Since the airside shuttle between T5 and T3 and T1 just resumed, pretty sure that your best option will be the T1 United Polaris Lounge, then T1 to T5 airside shuttle.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:20 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by SFO777
Since the airside shuttle between T5 and T3 and T1 just resumed, pretty sure that your best option will be the T1 United Polaris Lounge, then T1 to T5 airside shuttle.
The Polaris lounge is so much better than anything else at ORD that I am glad the airside shuttle is back.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Flew ORD - ZRH recently and the SAS lounge was open - however, nothing to write home about, rather disappointing experience all over...
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Flew ORD - ZRH recently and the SAS lounge was open - however, nothing to write home about, rather disappointing experience all over...
Would always go to Polaris instead, time permitting.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: LH HON
It is still a disgrace. Check-in at T5 opens 3 hrs pre-departure, which is normal. Then you were directed to the SAS lounge, only to see that it is closed and only opens at 12:30 p.m., which is two hourse pre-departure of the Swiss flight LX7. The alternative Swissport lounge opens even later at 1 p.m.
No First class service of any kind available.
No PA service at both arrival and departure. This is no First service. The LH flight starts from Terminal 1 with quite good access to the UA Polaris lounge there.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 3:46 am

They should hand out vouchers for the eateries... I would go to the Tortas Frontera anytime instead of any T5 lounge.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:58 am

SWISS ORD best lounge access?

Flying business class from Chicago to Zurich with Swiss.

which lounge at ORD that’s the best to go to? Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:31 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
United Polaris lounge is best there

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.