Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks. I must have used wifi last time I was there but couldn't remember how it worked.

The layover is actually a little over 4.5 hours and may not be long enough to head into town. I was thinking of a day pass for the Hilton gym which allows you to use a shower. The Hilton lobby with free wifi is not a bad place either to spend some time over a coffee if I decide 4.5 hours in the small LX FCL is too long.
LX FCL is super small- I thunk your Hilton plan is perfect.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
ORD Lounge

I have a 5 hr layover in ORD on UAGlobalFirst and am just wondering if it's worth it to walk over to Terminal 5 and check out the Swiss lounge? Are the offerings better than the UA First lounge?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I have a 5 hr layover in ORD on UAGlobalFirst and am just wondering if it's worth it to walk over to Terminal 5 and check out the Swiss lounge? Are the offerings better than the UA First lounge?
I don't believe you will have access to the LX lounge in T5 unless you have a BP for a flight departing from T5.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I don't believe you will have access to the LX lounge in T5 unless you have a BP for a flight departing from T5.
Isn't their a train connecting the terminals airside?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
No. Some airline(s) have a shuttle bus airside, but I don't know if that is generally available without a boarding pass check -- unlike the case of one other airside shuttle bus at ORD that doesn't involve T5 at ORD.

The Star Alliance lounge arrangements at Terminal 5 in ORD aren't worth the hassle.

This same sort of question was pretty much asked also in the SK forum here today too. The answer is basically the same.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

The train is landside.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
No. Some airline(s) have a shuttle bus airside, but I don't know if that is generally available without a boarding pass check -- unlike the case of one other airside shuttle bus at ORD that doesn't involve T5 at ORD.

The Star Alliance lounge arrangements at Terminal 5 in ORD aren't worth the hassle.

This same sort of question was pretty much asked also in the SK forum here today too. The answer is basically the same.
I also don't think there is any shuttle airside to T5 and do agree that the lounges there are certainly nothing to get excited about- I usually just wait at the excellent mexican restaurant when in T5 and skip the lounge altogether.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: some
BA has a shuttle but they have a TSA guy checking your boarding pass and ensuring only BA pax get on it....silly, but in line with the overall ORD set-up.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by verve
BA has a shuttle but they have a TSA guy checking your boarding pass and ensuring only BA pax get on it....silly, but in line with the overall ORD set-up.
AA-BA got that airside shuttle bus set up, and it was set up only to get to BA flights. There's another airside shuttle but at ORD which is generally available without boarding pass, but that one won't get people to T5.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Definitely no access to T5 airside unless you have a boarding pass departing T5. Hence, no SK or LX lounge for [Edgerfly.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist

I have gone to the LX lounge before when flying LH First Class. What you do is go landside to Terminal 5 and tell them when they question you that you understand you are flying out of Terminal 1 but have a long layover and want to use the lounge in terminal 5. If they act like you don't have access demand they check with a supervisor (it is permitted).

That said, you will not have access to the First Class side with UA Global First. That is only for LX and LH First Class as well as M&M HON members. The Business side is all right though I don't know if it's worth the hike (unless you're just curious about different lounges). Product wise I think that the UA Global First Lounge is the best Star Alliance option in Chicago.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:01 am

It's not worth going through ORD security twice just to visit a lounge IMHO.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Lounge in ORD

Anyone know the hours of the SWISS lounge in ORD?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Anyone know the hours of the SWISS lounge in ORD?
Last October the hours were 11:30-19:00, except Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays when they were 14:00-19:00.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
OS knows it...

> link <

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.