Chicago O'Hare ORD T5 Swiss LX Lounge Options?

Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
OS knows it...

> link <
I'm glad OS and I agree.
Old May 25, 2014, 5:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
LX lounge at ORD?

Can I get in the LX lounge at ORD while only being *G and not flying on LX or any international flight?

How is the terminal-to-terminal transportation system at ORD?
Old May 25, 2014, 7:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by agp423
Can I get in the LX lounge at ORD while only being *G and not flying on LX or any international flight?

How is the terminal-to-terminal transportation system at ORD?
The ORD LX lounge is in T5 which is the international terminal. Although it it a *G lounge and your don't have to be flying on LX to access it, you will almost certainly have to have a boarding pass for a flight leaving from T5 to access the secure area where the lounge is located. Inter-terminal transportation in ORD is landside.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

So no visit for me in the LX lounge for a long domestic connection
Old May 25, 2014, 9:04 am

So no visit for me in the LX lounge for a long domestic connection
I'm afraid not. If you hold *G from a non-US airline you can access one of the United Clubs assuming you are departing on a *A flight.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

No I'm gold from UA 1K. I guess I'll use one of my UA lounge passes.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No I'm gold from UA 1K. I guess I'll use one of my UA lounge passes.
Save your pass and go to the sushi bar in the connector- the lounges at ORD are not worth it- I usually wait in the terminal as it is much calmer.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Save your pass and go to the sushi bar in the connector- the lounges at ORD are not worth it- I usually wait in the terminal as it is much calmer.
+1. Good suggestion. ORD lounges are, IMHO, not worth a special effort to visit.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
+1. Good suggestion. ORD lounges are, IMHO, not worth a special effort to visit.
Sushi bar is quite good though and fairly reasonable in price with solid service. Shame internet wifi in the terminal is only via Boingo though.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It seems that LX C lounge is no longer a part of Priority Pass Instead, it is replaced with Swissport lounge. Never heard of that one...is it the old Korean Air lounge with no windows?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:17 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It seems that LX C lounge is no longer a part of Priority Pass Instead, it is replaced with Swissport lounge. Never heard of that one...is it the old Korean Air lounge with no windows?
It is the same lounge - it was always maned by Swisport folks... at last since Swissair bankruptcy.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Chicago Lounge Options?

Swissport lounge is actually a completely different lounge than Swiss lounge. Don't know whether it is former-KE lounge or not, but definitely a different entity. Serves Copa, Turkish, Lot, and several other airlines. Nicely furnished but terrible food/drink options. Dark and windowless too.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:28 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
I have a 6-hour layover. f I am arriving into ORD on JL in F from NRT and have priority pass access to the Swissport or the Air France lounge, can I get from T3 to these lounges in T5? Or do I need to do so from outside security?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:35 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
It's not worth the try at all. If you have 6hrs rather go downtown and have a city tour.

LX has "enhanced" the food service at ORD about a year ago again. Warm selections now almost to zero and poor quality. Last time absolutely NO WARM selection at all, the time before some pasta with tomato sauce (horrible). They usued to have kind of chicken with cream sauce including decent sides about 1-3 years ago which was really good. Now nothing anymore. Just a crowded small room with cheap selection of cold cuts.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver - UNITED SA Silver
Swiss Lounge feedback @ ORD

Hi dear travellers,

Anyone could give me a feedback about the Swiss lounge in Chicago?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.