Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH: New C / Sen lounge in A opening November 1st

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Damn, the new lounge looks nice. My next 2 ZRH trips are always on weekends though
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Recyclops
Echoing what others have said: Alpine Lounge was very empty while I was there, even while the Business and SEN lounges in A were jam packed. I'd say most people still haven't discovered the new lounge.
No no no. Alpine lounge is overcrowded and overflowing. It's terrible and horrible. Everyone should stay in the Bus/Sen A lounges.

[FWIW, just to reaffirm anyone who was confused: no issues getting access with UA*G. It's just the website which is wrong, but signs and lounge staff are accepting *G.]
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by televisor
No no no. Alpine lounge is overcrowded and overflowing. It's terrible and horrible. Everyone should stay in the Bus/Sen A lounges.
Oh, right, of course! The food in the Alpine Lounge is also noticeably worse than in the SEN lounge. The raclette they were serving when I was there was awful!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:26 am

Been there yesterday.

Arrival as SEN you get access, no problem.

Lounge itself looks neat, the "drinks from tabs" aren't better or worse compared to other lounges. They get Feldschlösschen Braufrisch, which is a slight improvement over regular one. Didn't tried the wines. Liquors seems to be same as in SEN lounges.

Food was salad + mini pizza. Pizza was quite OK, but nothing too special. At least it's different food than in the SEN lounges.

All in all, decent "spillover" lounge.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Space and decor wise I like the Alpen lounge way way more than FCL A.

F&B FCL A wins hands down.

Alpen lounge wasn’t crowded at all, but suspect it’s due to poor advertising and lounge location.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Finally made it to this lounge after SEN A was the usual Monday morning zoo.

The cooked food option was very “alpine” indeed. I’d have preferred an omelette but it wasn’t bad overall.

Very quiet only about 10 guests in the entire lounge. Plus some interesting drinks options like aromatized water (eg orange lavender) and some local spirits like gin and vodka from Zurich (which I didn’t have given the time of the day).

Let’s hope this hidden gem stays out of the limelight for a bit more. Definitely a nice option if you want a quieter lounge experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.