Search

ZRH: New C / Sen lounge in A opening November 1st

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Yes, as long as *A.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Of course you will if its a Star carrier.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: LX SEN
Not sure that *G get access according to rules posted on LX's lounge webpage (https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/fly/airp...h#t-page=pane2 )

SEN A access rules: Miles & More Senator, Star Alliance Gold Member, First Class Star Alliance

Alpine A access rules: First Class SWISS and Lufthansa, HON Circle, Miles & More Senator, Business Class SWISS, Lufthansa and Austrian
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
Not sure that *G get access according to rules posted on LX's lounge webpage (https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/fly/airp...h#t-page=pane2 )

SEN A access rules: Miles & More Senator, Star Alliance Gold Member, First Class Star Alliance

Alpine A access rules: First Class SWISS and Lufthansa, HON Circle, Miles & More Senator, Business Class SWISS, Lufthansa and Austrian
If Swiss puts up a "Star Gold" sign (which they did - checked pic with higher resolution now) they'll better let in any *G booked on any *A flight.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: LX SEN
True indeed. There is a conflict of rules apparently.

If the food was to be okay there (which I doubt), this would be great.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:24 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
*G do indeed have access. It’s the same debacle like last time all over again...
hugolover and YuropFlyer like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: some
Got a quick tour today on my way from the A F Lounge. Looks very nice and built with a focus on quality material. The breakfast buffet looked very sophisticated and the oven (I thought it was a brewad/pizza oven) is massive!
There is a good amount of work space towards the end that used to have the smaller F lounge in the past. Staff is very proud of the new facility!
airoli, worldclubber and Nick Art like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:40 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
OMAAT article, fantastic design:

https://onemileatatime.com/swiss-alpine-lounge-zurich/
cbourl likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:14 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by TPJ
Article is providing wrong information on access... :/
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:07 am

Article is providing wrong information on access... :/
Considering it's LX we're talking about and their past "issues" with providing proper lounge access informations (Anyone remember the infamous "Yes, SEN have access to SEN E even when not flying on *A" comment? Or when HON had access to the arrival lounge even when arriving on any carrier, but that rule was changed quickly?) I'd not be so sure about *A Non LH Group Business pax really being refused entry.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Nic33
True indeed. There is a conflict of rules apparently.

If the food was to be okay there (which I doubt), this would be great.
*G do indeed have access. It’s the same debacle like last time all over again...
Indeed, one has to give time for Swiss web team, Swiss lounge dragons and Swiss lounge sales teams to sit down and figure out what they actually agreed to.

As I recall, they did claim for some time that *G in then new A lounge complex would be sent to Business lounge and FTL would not have access.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Indeed, one has to give time for Swiss web team, Swiss lounge dragons and Swiss lounge sales teams to sit down and figure out what they actually agreed to.
The problem is there are very few actual SWISS staff, it’s mostly contracted & at ZRH it’s SWISSPORT , seems to take a while for the latter to understand the instructions of the former.

And then there is LH , head office is telling LX to conform across the group.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...c-alpine-lodge
Looks fantastic!!!!! Better than the old F lounge here
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am forever corrected, perhaps rightly, that the issuing *G carrier pays for lounge access (whereas I say operating carrier), in which case surely LX would be delighted to get all those lovely reimbursement Francs?

Just like Helga... if she makes SEN equivalent to the EU budget, she is still creaming it from *A carriers paying for access to her lands of potato salad?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Open M-F, closes 18:30. Closed weekends and public holidays. Like SEN Cafe.
*G do get access.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cannot find the regular A lounge thread so I'll post my comments here. My comments refer to the SEN/FTL A lounge complex.

It's years since I have been in the ZRH SEN A lounge. They really haven't changed though...still really crap. Sorry, but it's true.

For a carrier that considers itself the best airline in LH Group, its lounges are poor.

Where do I begin? SEN A...setup like the awful SN lounge, like a cafeteria in a corporate canteen. Its not a place to relax, but a place to dine? But then...what is there to dine on?!

A few hot dishes...one with a protein element that "chef" prepares. Come to think of it, there was ONE protein offer in the entire buffet. Not even a bit of cold ham.

Tasteless chicken rice (why did I decline his offer of chili flakes...a legacy mistake, it needs it).
Chickpea stew.
Veg pasta.
Veg soup.
Chopped carrots.
Cucumber in cream.
Brown salad leaves.
Iceberg lettuce.
Beetroot.

Dry carrot cake.
Mousse.

They have "chefs" wandering around with enormous chef hats on to replenish these stocks... thats just hilarious. No one can be a chef and prepare this "cuisine". Most of which is prepped off-site.

The glasses are far too small to prepare a decent G&T or any mixed drink. You need a good bit of ice, but with such micro glasses you're left with 100ml to mix your G&T with tonic. So incredibly cheap. I won't mention the large bottles but that has been the case since forever, a la KLM and LH.

The Wi-Fi is still an ultra faff with individual passcodes you need to pickup. What a shame that hasn't changed in 10 years+ since my bmi Gold.

My suggestions? Spend some money! It's all done incredibly cheaply.

Get rid of the live cooking altogether. Save staffing costs and provide a better buffet when most is just prepped offsite and reheated in the lounge. LX don't want to invest and provide a CX style noodle offer or fresh pasta. So get rid of it.

How about some meat?

LX need some competition in their backyard.

I was left feeling really thankful that I have LOT. For both FTL and SEN, they wipe the floor in the standard of their lounges. It endears me that they're doing a good job. LX pax are really used to a low service standard and I feel sorry for them if this is what your CHF beans gets you.
cbourl and worldclubber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.