Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH: New C / Sen lounge in A opening November 1st

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: LX SEN
You are right in all respects, and your comments apply to SEN E, except the bar section. One could add the poor coffee flowing from automatic machines (except from SEN E where there is a human operated machine in the bar section).

A few weeks ago, I ordered minute made omelette from the kitchen in SEN A (during the morning). LX even manages to screw that. I can only assume that LX/its contractor does not buy whole eggs, but cheaper containers of liquid egg mixture.

A big win of the refurbished LX lounges in ZH is the designer furniture.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by hugolover
The glasses are far too small to prepare a decent G&T or any mixed drink...
You are right! I have actually started to use the glasses next to the coffee machines meant for lattes to mix drinks, as the other glasses are just too small.

And yes, they had meat when the new lounges at E opened, but it disappeared just after Easter a couple of years ago ...
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Place looks like Winterfell in Game of Thrones
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
12NOV Visit

I popped in this morning to check it out. I think the design is quite nice and of course the views (old A First Lounge views) are really nice. The window booths in the cafe area have wireless charging pads which is a nice touch (and worked fine on my iPhone). Here are a few more pictures for those who can't get enough of this kind of stuff.

I would say the food (at least in the morning) is quite underwhelming. They have one "action" station but it's not a kitchen, it's just a place where a guy in a chef uniform warms up something for you. Today it was chopped up gipfeli (croissants) with jam and cream. Maybe I haven't lived in CH long enough, but it was quite unappetising to me.

The staff were very kind and wanted to explain how it worked, but were still not very knowledgeable. For example, they said I could have an omelette, but that's very much not possible. Not a big deal and they mean well, but clearly still some teething. The electronic entrance gates aren't working yet either. Happy to answer (or at least try) any questions!

Lounge was empty around 7:00 am. It was me, some SWISS employee showing it off to his friends (?), and a couple of other customers (only heard Swiss German). Looks like it's still quite unknown.

narvik and Gioventu like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:00 am

Personally I found the fried rice with (or without) chicken and chilli to be one of the best offerings they've recently had (they keep repeating it quite often, though)

The vegi pasta is also one of the better stuff on offer. MUCH better than when they repeat Riz Casimir for the 12th time..
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Looks great Is there an outdoor area? looks like it -for smoking or preferably vaping
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
That looks so nice and tranquil in appearance. Can't wait to go there.
Great job Swiss!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Was there on Monday at around 11.30 and can only confirm what previous posters have already said. Great new addition to the other lounges and thanks to maybe not yet hugh advertisment it had plenty of space while I was there
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by cbourl
Looks great Is there an outdoor area? looks like it -for smoking or preferably vaping
Nope. Only at the regular A lounges.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:25 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by cbourl
While there would be space for a terrace, sadly there isn’t. And if there was, smoking would not be allowed like on the E terrace and it’s good that it is that way.

You can use the smoking corner in the A lounges.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:31 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
I am there right now on a Friday afternoon (14:26) and it’s wonderfully empty - only me and one couple!

View could be better, but tranquility-factor due to furnishing and layout is definitely higher than in the “market hall” of the regular A lounge.
verve likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:39 am

Someone mentioned at the beginning of the thread that the rear door to the A FCL was wedged open. It still was when I passed through here a few days ago. I can't figure out why, though!

I actually ended up leaving the FCL and walking through the terminal to get to the Alpine Lounge to check it out, but had I realized that door was there, I could probably have just walked from the FCL directly to the Alpine Lounge. Not that there would be any reason to go to the Alpine Lounge on trips where I have FCL access, of course! Just wanted to go check it out.

Echoing what others have said: Alpine Lounge was very empty while I was there, even while the Business and SEN lounges in A were jam packed. I'd say most people still haven't discovered the new lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by Recyclops
Someone mentioned at the beginning of the thread that the rear door to the A FCL was wedged open. It still was when I passed through here a few days ago. I can't figure out why, though!

I actually ended up leaving the FCL and walking through the terminal to get to the Alpine Lounge to check it out, but had I realized that door was there, I could probably have just walked from the FCL directly to the Alpine Lounge. Not that there would be any reason to go to the Alpine Lounge on trips where I have FCL access, of course! Just wanted to go check it out.

Echoing what others have said: Alpine Lounge was very empty while I was there, even while the Business and SEN lounges in A were jam packed. I'd say most people still haven't discovered the new lounge.
im actually down to skip FCL A and use the alpine lounge for the window views. Obviously FCL E is preferable to both but in flights not out of E it’s kind of pointless to schlep there and back. I wonder if FCLA can send food to the Alpine lounge for F and HON passengers....
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I really wish they’d improve the lounges in D now. If you’re connecting to London, the A lounges are fine but you have to leave earlier. And the passport queue has been surprisingly bad of late. Not helping is that, every time I’ve gone, there’s been only one passport controller... makes no sense.
vantage03 and lightwalker like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:48 am

Agreed, the D lounges are overdue for a refresh!

And I hadn't considered the views from the Alpine Lounge; that's a good point. Normally if I'm flying out of A I'm either on a short connection or spending the previous night in ZRH, in which case I don't really care that FCL A is windowless since I'm only there briefly. Whenever I've had a longer connection it's been out of E.

They might frown at you bringing food from the FCL into the Alpine Lounge, but you could always eat a meal in the FCL A and then migrate to the Alpine Lounge to sit and work and enjoy the views before your flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.