ZRH: New C / Sen lounge in A opening November 1st

Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
ZRH: New C / Sen lounge in A opening November 1st

Very good news - just at the top of the spiral stairs.
Gioventu likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster

I spoke to two different people there - one said that it would be a business lounge and the other said a senator, so unsure which.

The rear door to the A first class lounge was wedged open - they'll have to fix that:

Vixit likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: LX SEN
good news! The A lounges will get a break.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Looks good to me, looking forward to checking it out! ^
cbourl likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kinda confused here. There is/was a new Senator/business lounge opened about an year ago, one level above the shops.
Where would that new/additional lounge be located at?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Umm. Not sure what's going on there, but you're not helping the impression.

Yes, there is the new lounge complex, but it's just so. damn. full. all the time.
Not sure where the new ones actually are.
They are by the spiral staircase that is next to family services.

Haven't seen any official announcement yet.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by bobhope2
They are by the spiral staircase that is next to family services.

Haven't seen any official announcement yet.
Close to the 50s bus gates? Well that's nearby the current lounges, hoping we don't end up with a small extension with a new entry.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by sophialite
I wish the new F lounge was there. The only weakness of the A lounge is lack of tarmac views IMO.

also, its getting to winter and cbourl continues to talk like he/she has a brain anyeurism.
It's many years to go, but in 2025 works will begin for a complete new A concourse, hence by around 2030 we might find a better F Lounge A with cool tarmac views. But then again, who knows what will be in 10+ years from now. Let's hope for LX to remain the cash cow of the LH fleet with it's First Class on all L/H routes.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:19 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Close to the 50s bus gates? Well that's nearby the current lounges, hoping we don't end up with a small extension with a new entry.
It's actually right adjecent to the current A Lounges. If you remember the old A Lounges you could walk through the Business Lounge into the "snack area" and then turn left and walk to the old F Lounge. That is where the new Sen Cafe will be: Where the old F lounge used to be.
Originally Posted by LXA350
It's many years to go, but in 2025 works will begin for a complete new A concourse, hence by around 2030 we might find a better F Lounge A with cool tarmac views. But then again, who knows what will be in 10+ years from now. Let's hope for LX to remain the cash cow of the LH fleet with it's First Class on all L/H routes.
I have totally forgoten about those plans... But wasn't the start expected in 2021? That development will be very interesting as not only will the A concourse be totally rebuilt, but there will also be a new Check-In 1 hall as well as a renovation of the security controls and the airside center where check-in 3 is located will also be completly renovated. If all goes well Zurich will be on track to be an even better airport in the future. And judging on how well they handeled the E expansion and rebuilding of the B/D concourse I have good faith.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the plans for this! I'm expecting it to look similar to E and B/D I suppose.

If anybody is interested, here is the very very early sketch on how they think it could look like:

Last edited by Nick Art; Oct 27, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sophialite
The only weakness of the A lounge is lack of tarmac views IMO.

Not the only weakness, but a major one. Wished they had kept the F lounge were the old one was and will certainly check out the new SEN cafe once it's open. To me, it will probably be SEN Cafe at A or F lounge at E.
cbourl likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Do we know if this is gonna be a Business or Senator Lounge eventually?

It seems that there is no official announcement yet...
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Platinium
The new lounge had the Pre-Opening party, the name is called Swiss Alpine Lounge dedicated for Senator(Gold) & Business.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I wonder if this lounge was in the plans all along or if the scrambled to add it given how very busy the other A lounges always are...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.