Search

ZRH: New C / Sen lounge in A opening November 1st

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:07 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by canadair2001
The new lounge had the Pre-Opening party, the name is called Swiss Alpine Lounge dedicated for Senator(Gold) & Business.
Great news!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
The new lounge had the Pre-Opening party, the name is called Swiss Alpine Lounge dedicated for Senator(Gold) & Business.
Business also means accessible for FTL?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gioventu
Business also means accessible for FTL?
No. No access for FTL and Business is also only eligible for people flying LH Group Business, not *A Business. *A First has access though.
Gioventu likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nick Art
No. No access for FTL and Business is also only eligible for people flying LH Group Business, not *A Business. *A First has access though.
Not saying I don’t like the rules, but they will require a lot of explanations at the counter.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Apparently Lounge can host up to 100 guests and is only open during rush hour, means between Mondays to Fridays from 05:30 to 18:30.

SWISS Newsroom
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Platinium
https://swiss.newsmarket.com/english...6-ce995cd51086
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Quote:
SWISS has taken a new direction with the lounge’s food concept, too. The centrepiece of the new SWISS Alpine Lounge is a rustic oven in which seasonal dishes are prepared. Guests are additionally offered a range of further ingredients to tailor their food to their particular taste. These individualization options also help to reduce food waste. The beverages on offer include a selection of local Swiss wines and spirits. And the wines are served using a new and more ecofriendly dispensing system that enhances both the quality of the wine and the lounge’s recycling credentials.

The passage about the food sounds good to me. Just hope they don't start with decent food, as they did at the E lounges, and then degrade it soon after opening, as they also did at the E lounges.

The "ecofriendly" wine dispensing system sounds like wine on tap from large containers, as can be found at the SK lounge at CPH. Let's see what the quality is like. Such a system can help to disguise low-quality and cheap wine, as pax checking quality and prices with apps such as vivino.com has become a problem for airlines serving cheap booze.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’ll be at ZRH this afternoon. Unfortunately not flying LX but may see if they let me on for a quick look.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Chris0815
I’ll be at ZRH this afternoon. Unfortunately not flying LX but may see if they let me on for a quick look.
The gate dragons didn’t even leave me past the door, as I (Senator) am being unfaithful today and flying OW.

Behind the bookshop at the A gate side.

Nothing to see here sir. Please move on
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:29 am

Thats a Star Gold Logo right of the Swiss Alpine Name?

my flight is too late tonight to check it out unfortunately. Next week then (or is access allowed on arrival like with the SEN?)
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
*A First has access though.
What *A carriers offer F out of ZRH? Can't imagine that many if any at all? The wording below doesn’t mention *A F like it does with the SEN Lounge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Thats a Star Gold Logo right of the Swiss Alpine Name?
  • First Class SWISS and Lufthansa, HON Circle, Miles & More Senator, Business Class SWISS, Lufthansa and Austria
Wording doesn't mention *G but given the logo means this is a designated *G lounge where any *G on any *A carrier has access?

Confusing concept all together
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What *A carriers offer F out of ZRH? Can't imagine that many if any at all? The wording below doesn’t mention *A F like it does with the SEN Lounge

• First Class SWISS and Lufthansa, HON Circle, Miles & More Senator, Business Class SWISS, Lufthansa and Austria
Wording doesn't mention *G but given the logo means this is a designated *G lounge where any *G on any *A carrier has access?

Confusing concept all together
There is SQ with F out of ZRH, but yes there aren't any more. However, the rules are still formulated like this: *A F has access to the Alpine Café acording to my sources, as do *G. *G furthermore is mentioned specifically in the newsroom article.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
There is SQ with F out of ZRH, but yes there aren't any more. However, the rules are still formulated like this: *A F has access to the Alpine Café acording to my sources, as do *G. *G furthermore is mentioned specifically in the newsroom article.
Will *G get access if traveling on something else than LH Group?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Will *G get access if traveling on something else than LH Group?
Yes, as long as *A.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course you will if its a Star carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.