Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
LH FCL LD's are A LOT more forgiving than LX FCL LD's, so I'd say indeed your chances are good. Cross fingers!
cbourl likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Thank you Chris 63 and The Wolf, I appreciate the support. My aforemontioned F trips don't come before February though, but I'll make sure to let you know the outcome
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:39 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by The Wolf
LH FCL LD's are A LOT more forgiving than LX FCL LD's, so I'd say indeed your chances are good. Cross fingers!
I’ve kinda had the opposite experience so far, so far I never had problems accessing LX FCL on more dubious routings, but in MUC and FRA they always gave me a hard time, once even wanting to deny me even though I just arrived on a LH F ticket.

But then again, my experience is still rather limited.

Last edited by Nick Art; Oct 14, 2019 at 10:44 am
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Are you sure it isn’t? I know it used to be more of a grey zone, but because both lounge managers confirmed it I feel like that’s how it is now. But since it’s still a rather rare situation I don’t think many people will be trying it out soon :/
It may be “by the book”, but I am certain it was not intended by the makers of the rule. The probably didn’t even think about such a situation...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Great info in this thread.

So I am flying ZRH-FRA-MUC-ORD all in the same day. ZRH-FRA is in business class, but on a separate ticket. I originate in ZRH that day.

Can I access the LX F check-in area and the A concourse F lounge in ZRH?

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:10 pm

Not according to the rules, but I'd say there is a chance, and also on the condition that they issue all your boarding passes for the departing day at the check-in at ZRH... Let us know!
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
The rules are actually pretty vague about this and LX does not officially say “same ticket only”, IIRC. Give it a try, seems likely to me that you get in.
andywaw likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:14 pm

I was referring to the SWISS FCL access rule:
"Guests, who are using a connecting flight with their First Class flight, have access to the First Class lounges, provided the whole journey is booked in First Class.".
PresRDC ZRH-FRA flight is in business class, on a separate ticket.
However, if he is issued in ZRH his boarding pass for F flight MUC-ORD later that day, yes I agree it's likely he'll get access in FCL in ZRH. Fingers crossed ^
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The rules are actually pretty vague about this and LX does not officially say “same ticket only”, IIRC. Give it a try, seems likely to me that you get in.
The rules aren't vague. The interpretation by the lounge staff is vague, in this case probably for the better.
chris63 and cbourl like this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by The Wolf
The rules aren't vague. The interpretation by the lounge staff is vague, in this case probably for the better.
Agreed, the LX rules are clear, it will be down to the agent in the FCL, also LX F bookings specifically show the feeders as First Class J , whereas LH F bookings say Business J.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chris63
Agreed, the LX rules are clear, it will be down to the agent in the FCL, also LX F bookings specifically show the feeders as First Class J , whereas LH F bookings say Business J.
They only show as First Class J in the booking process, if you go back to manage your booking after you have booked it they will show as Business J.
I'm not sure if it's intended to be like that, but knowing LX and LH IT I'm pretty sure it's not.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
They only show as First Class J in the booking process, if you go back to manage your booking after you have booked it they will show as Business J.
I'm not sure if it's intended to be like that, but knowing LX and LH IT I'm pretty sure it's not.
No, my bookings show as First Class J & that’s possibly what the FCL agents see
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by chris63
No, my bookings show as First Class J & that’s possibly what the FCL agents see
My LX "First-A" bookings show LX feeder flights as "Business-J"
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by andywaw
My LX "First-A" bookings show LX feeder flights as "Business-J"
just checked a booking for tomorrow - same.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Double checked as well: They only show as Business - J to me.

The only way I got to see the First - J tag is either in the booking process online or in the confirmation email. All of which later show up normal (Business - J) under manage my booking.

I guess Swiss must just really like you and therefor gives you special treatment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.