FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Correct. No rides from FCL E.
I’ve had them
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by chris63
No, they have driven me from E to an outside position & actually to A but that was a favour, maybe my Status Stars ⭐️
Well, not for a low ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-HON recently, telling me they have no limo service out of terminal E.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, not for a low ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-HON recently, telling me they have no limo service out of terminal E.
Ok, must be my charm then
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Correct. No rides from FCL E.
^ They have always told me that there are no E to A rides.

But, I recently observed at the check-in desk to the E lounge that the attendant fulfilled a request of another pax for such a ride and mentioned that "a car was going back anyway". Not by the book, but exceptions seem to be possible.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:51 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
On the topic of using the LX FCL with a LH First ticket that doesn't route through ZRH: For example HKG-FRA-ARN and one then does ARN-ZRH on a SK seperatly bought ticket. In contrary to what I first thought upon visiting the ZRH FCL to inquire about this I was told it was very well possible and allowed to use the LX FCL on such a routing, since technically the ticket doesn't need to go through ZRH, you only need a departing or arriving LX or LH Fticket for this day!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
On the topic of using the LX FCL with a LH First ticket that doesn't route through ZRH: For example HKG-FRA-ARN and one then does ARN-ZRH on a SK seperatly bought ticket. In contrary to what I first thought upon visiting the ZRH FCL to inquire about this I was told it was very well possible and allowed to use the LX FCL on such a routing, since technically the ticket doesn't need to go through ZRH, you only need a departing or arriving LX or LH Fticket for this day!
Sounds unusual to me and is certainly not intended by the rules. But do try and report back.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Sounds unusual to me and is certainly not intended by the rules. But do try and report back.
This was me reporting back because after arriving in ZRH on SK I went to the lounge and asked and she confirmed I could use it. Same Day arriving LH F BP was enough.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 5:03 pm

This was me reporting back because after arriving in ZRH on SK I went to the lounge and asked and she confirmed I could use it. Same Day arriving LH F BP was enough.
As I said: probably not intended, but glad it worked for you! ^
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by worldclubber
As I said: probably not intended, but glad it worked for you! ^
Are you sure it isn’t? I know it used to be more of a grey zone, but because both lounge managers confirmed it I feel like that’s how it is now. But since it’s still a rather rare situation I don’t think many people will be trying it out soon :/
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
But since it’s still a rather rare situation I don’t think many people will be trying it out soon :/
Probably a good thing. If it became too common, they might be inclined to close the door on this option.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
I wonder if I get access for FCL in Frankfurt with same day issued BP for LX F when flying on another LH ticket.

Trip 1.
All departures/arrivals on the same day.
LX F SIN-ZRH > ZRH-MAN > continue on another LH ticket: LH MAN-FRA (FCL ?) > LH FRA-WAW

Trip 2.
LX F HKG-ZRH > ZRH-ARN > continue on another LH ticket: LH ARN-FRA (FCL ?) > LH FRA-WAW
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
I wonder if I get access for FCL in Frankfurt with same day issued BP for LX F when flying on another LH ticket.

Trip 1.
LX F SIN-ZRH > ZRH-MAN > continue on another LH ticket: LH MAN-FRA (FCL ?) > LH FRA-WAW

Trip 2.
LX F HKG-ZRH > ZRH-ARN > continue on another LH ticket: LH ARN-FRA (FCL ?) > LH FRA-WAW
Yes, LH accept same day arrival F BP for the entire day, at the FCL’s not FCT.
andywaw likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
It was my understanding that this was changed about 1.5 year ago.

The positioning / connecting flights need to be on the same ticket only. So you will still get access in ZRH as an arriving F pax, but not in FRA even though you have a sameday F boarding pass.

In German:

"Mit ihrer First Class Bordkarte auf einem von Lufthansa oder SWISS durchgeführten Flug am selben Tag erhalten Sie Zugang zu den First Class Einrichtungen (First Class Terminal und First Class Lounges). Gäste, die zu ihrem First Class Flug einen Anschluss- bzw. Zubringerflug nutzen, haben Zugang zu den First Class Einrichtungen, sofern die First Class Reise durchgängig gebucht wurde."

Discussed here:

https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/luft...kets-mehr.html
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
I went to the lounge and asked and she confirmed I could use it. Same Day arriving LH F BP was enough.
I know it used to be more of a grey zone, but because both lounge managers confirmed it I feel like that’s how it is now.
Well, Nick Art was lucky in Zurich ^ and I'm going to try my luck in Frankfurt FCL.
chris63, vantage03 and Nick Art like this.

Last edited by andywaw; Oct 14, 2019 at 4:01 am
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
Well, Nick Art was lucky in Zurich ^ and I'm going to try my luck in Frankfurt FCL.
Indeed & please let us know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.