Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
If the argument is that there's no need to go into Zurich because you're not missing out on much, I completely agree.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by sophialite

Well the reason I think Zurich is unique in this regard is that the city is so close to the airport. It's not like landing at Heathrow where you would spend at least 45 minutes in a car getting to Central London for a decent meal and sleep at a nice hotel.

On deeper thought, if I didn't have FCL access for the flight next morning I'd be inclined to do dinner in the FCL the night before. Probably still wouldn't stay at the airport hotel though.
So If I leave the airport with baggage and checkin to Rad Blu after arriving from HKG in F with a next morning flight in C to TLV, can I re-enter the F lounge E Gates and/or A gates the same day of arrival and eat dinner there? Or would I have to stay in the airport all day? A would seem more convenient - would I just show the arrival boarding pass in F to re-enter the airport or A FCL?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:42 pm

Once you leave the secure area of the airport, you won't be able to get back in until the next day.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
Once you leave the secure area of the airport, you won't be able to get back in until the next day.
OK Kool so Il stick to FCL E for breakfast then sleep in St Moritx , then catch HeidiZug to A Gates lunch at FCL A then pick up backs checkin to Rad Blu downtown for sum dinner I like Odeon Cafe -
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by cbourl
OK Kool so Il stick to FCL E for breakfast then sleep in St Moritx , then catch HeidiZug to A Gates lunch at FCL A then pick up backs checkin to Rad Blu downtown for sum dinner I like Odeon Cafe -
Sounds good, but I'd just have lunch at E if I were you. The food should be the same, but the ambience of FCL E is just so much nicer.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Sounds good, but I'd just have lunch at E if I were you. The food should be the same, but the ambience of FCL E is just so much nicer.
Ok thanks for that I agree E is much nicer than the dark windowless A
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:43 am

SYD-SIN-ZRH-VIE in F

Hello,

I have read the whole thread and hope I may confirm what I understand. I am planning a one way paid F ticket (not award) from SYD to VIE with this route: SYD-SIN on SQ F, then SIN-ZRH on LX F, then ZRH-VIE on either LX or OS business (no F available intra-Europe). I will have between 3 to 6 hour layover in ZRH and my goal is to be in Swiss FCL E to enjoy the "hotel room".

1. Upon arrival in ZRH after LX F flight, I will be greeted by First Class van. I can either accept or not. If I accept, I will be taken to FCL A, after which I would have to make my own way to FCL E if I desired the hotel room.
2. If I decline the First Class van, I can go straight to FCL E for hotel room (as available). When I am ready for connecting flight to VIE, I must make my own way to A gates, there is no transfer service.

Am I understanding correctly?

Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by adlibitum
1. Upon arrival in ZRH after LX F flight, I will be greeted by First Class van. I can either accept or not. If I accept, I will be taken to FCL A, after which I would have to make my own way to FCL E if I desired the hotel room.
2. If I decline the First Class van, I can go straight to FCL E for hotel room (as available). When I am ready for connecting flight to VIE, I must make my own way to A gates, there is no transfer service.
1. You can ask to be driven from FCL A to FCL E. I've only done this when taking a flight departing from E, though, so I'm not 100% sure if they will drive you without a connecting flight to catch from E. Others may be able to confirm.

2. Correct. You arrive "clean" from SIN so you do not need to clear security in ZRH. You can walk straight off the plane into the departures area of dock E, and from there take the elevator/stairs up to FCL E. You would then leave the lounge and make your own way to dock A via the Heidi train.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Thanks.
1. Yes, they would drive you back from A to E but since there are only 2 sleeper rooms & it’s first come gets them, I suggest you go directly to the E FCL.

2. Yes, you must make your own way to A gates, unless it’s an outside position & then they will drive you to the aircraft
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Hello,

I have read the whole thread and hope I may confirm what I understand. I am planning a one way paid F ticket (not award) from SYD to VIE with this route: SYD-SIN on SQ F, then SIN-ZRH on LX F, then ZRH-VIE on either LX or OS business (no F available intra-Europe). I will have between 3 to 6 hour layover in ZRH and my goal is to be in Swiss FCL E to enjoy the "hotel room".

Thanks.
Not what you asked... but a one-way ex-SYD will be priced almost the same as a return. Make sure you’re not over-paying for this, try pricing a return (or even have the return in economy if you don’t plan on using it).
chris63 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
Not what you asked... but a one-way ex-SYD will be priced almost the same as a return. Make sure you’re not over-paying for this, try pricing a return (or even have the return in economy if you don’t plan on using it).
Sound advice 👍
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:27 am

Thanks all, and I will check r/t fares.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by chris63
2. Yes, you must make your own way to A gates, unless it’s an outside position & then they will drive you to the aircraft
Even then you need to get to A on your own, they will drive you but only from FCL A, I believe
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Even then you need to get to A on your own, they will drive you but only from FCL A, I believe
Correct. No rides from FCL E.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, they have driven me from E to an outside position & actually to A but that was a favour, maybe my Status Stars ⭐️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.