Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Locked in transit zone at ZHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ellylex
I am glad You find the trolling amusing.
You have received thoughtful, detailed, and accurate answers from some very knowledgable members here, yet persist in attacking and insulting them (while ignoring the very obvious fact that your friends missed their flight due to their own mistake). So yes, this thread has become a theatre of the absurd.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Kacee
You have received thoughtful, detailed, and accurate answers from some very knowledgable members here, yet persist in attacking and insulting them (while ignoring the very obvious fact that your friends missed their flight due to their own mistake). So yes, this thread has become a theatre of the absurd.
If You consider comments calling me "sick", "lunatic", etc as valuable comments coming from individuals who are incapable of even making own decisions of renting a car and driving for 2 hrs, they chose to cry for help on this board - then we certainly disagree.

What You consider "thoughtful, detailed, and accurate answers" unfortunately were based on false premises, which I was forced to rebute over and over again. It is clear to me that no one has read WHAT I wrote, but started to shift the discussion. I am surprised I was not asked what was the color of shoes of the passengers.... (sarcasm)

Even the question about the map went unanswered. How is it possible to bypass a Control desk to reach Transfer desk? It seems absurd.

PS I thought You posted the map, and later saw it was Nick.
The layout of the forum has changed like many other sites, making it difficult to read the threads.

Last edited by ellylex; Jun 3, 2018 at 7:20 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
...while ignoring the very obvious fact that your friends missed their flight due to their own mistake
thank You for continuing to intentionally make false statements and continuing this chaos of false information. You have read my answers that they did NOT make mistake and missed their connection, YET - You and others insist they did.

I would not be surprised if this nonsense came from someone like voldoo, but the fact that You are taking turns with other knowledgable people here is, to say the least, - upsetting.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goliath
a) they were the only ones who missed the announcement to go to the Transfer Desk in Terminal E...
I am not following Your logic at all. I guess I have to elaborate since You did not understand my statement about Terminal E. Swiss Airlines obviously knows "its own airport."

Even if the annoucement was made about Transfer Desk in Terminal E, how does it change the fact that there is a Passport Control between terminals and one needs Shengen visa to go through (from D to E)?

It is obvious that passengers should have been assisted/instructed in Terminal D - the one they arrived at. They told me they followed the signs to Transfer Desk. Members from Zurich insist that there is a TransferDesk in Terminal D (which is logical), but then the question arises where the signs actually lead to?

Anyway, I will deal with Swiss at this point...
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I am not following Your logic at all. I guess I have to elaborate since You did not understand my statement about Terminal E. Swiss Airlines obviously knows "its own airport."

Even if the annoucement was made about Transfer Desk in Terminal E, how does it change the fact that there is a Passport Control between terminals and one needs Shengen visa to go through (from D to E)?

It is obvious that passengers should have been assisted/instructed in Terminal D - the one they arrived at. They told me they followed the signs to Transfer Desk. Members from Zurich insist that there is a TransferDesk in Terminal D (which is logical), but then the question arises where the signs actually lead to?

Anyway, I will deal with Swiss at this point...
You've been told multiple times there is a transfer desk in Terminal D.
You've been told also multiple times that there is a way to get to D from E without clearing passport control.

Your friends told you they followed signs to Transfer Desk, however, they ended up trying to enter Schengen, simply told, they got lost. They probably followed signs for Transit Hotel or followed other passengers with Schengen connections by mistake.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
You've been told multiple times there is a transfer desk in Terminal D.
You've been told also multiple times that there is a way to get to D from E without clearing passport control.
Another brilliant reply of the person who can't read and makes up the information.

I am stating they arrived to D - You state that they arrived to E!
I am asking what is the purpose of having Passport Control if everyone insists it could be avoided - which just feeds into the illogical nonsense - yet, no reply.
Sure, I "believe You". Swiss security must be total idiots to set up a Control, which could be bypassed by anyone who doesn't want to go though it.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Another brilliant reply of the person who can't read and makes up the information.

I am stating they arrived to D - You state that they arrived to E!
Where?
Perhaps it's not only your friends who have problems with English?

I am asking what is the purpose of having Passport Control if everyone insists it could be avoided - which just feeds into the illogical nonsense - yet, no reply.
Purpose of passport control is, of course, to allow passengers to enter Schengen as needed.

Sure, I "believe You". Swiss security must be total idiots to set up a Control, which could be bypassed by anyone who doesn't want to go though it.
You still can't seem to grasp that your friends didn't go where they were supposed to go, or where they thought they were going. Passport control can be bypassed when going from D to E, because - quite logically - they are both non-schengen terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.