Search

Locked in transit zone at ZHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Nick Art

They arrived at 21:48.
The flight to Moscow was delayed and waited and left at 23:12. Now If my maths are correct this leaves roughly 1 hour and 24 minutes inbetween the two flights.
Why are You intentionally providing false information???? So others can continue trolling here????

They arrived at 21.53 and connecting flight was scheduled to depart at 21.45, but departed at 22.49!
And why You keep stating as if the flight waited for them while that is absolutely not true! The boarding must have been closed and the plane may not have been even at the gate.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:51 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by ellylex
And?
So I guess You again insist that passengers are total idiots who heard/saw instructions given during the flight to Zurich for them to go to Transfer Desk upon landing? Three people hallucinated and saw Moscow on the list (along with other cities) while in fact the aircraft was waiting for them. Sounds logical. (sarcasm)
Yes.
——
The list on the TV screens in the airplane shows you all flights ppl on that plane could connect to.
Including Gate and departure time.
So I don’t know what your friends did,
but I can’t do more than give you the facts. as mentioned miscommunication and lack of experience probably led to the whole situation.
Mwenenzi and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

So your friends could fly from LHR to ZRH the plane first had to fly to LHR. Now a possibility could have been that that flight was late so the return flight was late too (because the plane wasn’t there yet). This was NOT the case and I wanted to let you know.
Even if this was the case, how is it relevant to the fact that Swiss was not available Terminal D to assist upon arrival at 10pm??????
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why are You intentionally providing false information???? So others can continue trolling here????

They arrived at 21.53 and connecting flight was scheduled to depart at 21.45, but departed at 22.49!
And why You keep stating as if the flight waited for them while that is absolutely not true! The boarding must have been closed and the plane may not have been even at the gate.
If you don’t believe me here is the time of departure: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lx1324
And even if it was 22:49 that still could have been made easily.
No, boarding was not closed as they usually wait for all connecting passengers.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

The list on the TV screens in the airplane shows you all flights ppl on that plane could connect to.
Including Gate and departure time.

Thank You for at least agreeing that there are such announcements given on board at least.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Even if this was the case, how is it relevant to the fact that Swiss was not available Terminal D to assist upon arrival at 10pm??????
Because it’s not their job to hold their passengers hand and guide everybody to their airplanes.
Once your friends failed to ahow up for the flight (literally a 10m walk) OR at the transfer desk (literally a 50m walk) it was not the problem of Swiss anymore since the categorized them as No-Show.
So after 11pm nobody is around anymore as the airport is closed.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

If you don’t believe me here is the time of departure: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lx1324
And even if it was 22:49 that still could have been made easily.
No, boarding was not closed as they usually wait for all connecting passengers.
OK. Thus passengers are idiots and liars who made up the information that there was instruction for them to go to their connecting flight (as You keep insisting), but they chose to go to transfer desk (even though they never heard of it before). I will let them know. Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
While I understand language difficulties can cause problems, not knowing the correct gate number for your connecting flight is a pretty spectacular blunder.

But I somehow doubt these facts will get in the way of an epically misguided rant
I am glad You find the trolling amusing.
Thank for showing the map. I have to say it is confusing. It shows some sort of Customs desk but Your arrows show as if one can walk along side and avoid passing this control desk entirely. It doesn't make sense to me at all.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

OK. Thus passengers are idiots and liars who made up the information that there was instruction for them to go to their connecting flight (as You keep insisting), but they chose to go to transfer desk (even though they never heard of it before). I will let them know. Thanks.
There don’t need to be instructions. The average person should be capable to find their connection flight themselves.

I never said they lied.
Just that they probably misunderstood.
Nor do I say they are idiots.
Just probably unable to cope with the situation.

Has it ever occured to you that you may be wrong and the whole situation isn’t just black/white?

Anyway: I have given you all the important information I could gather and probably wasted way to much time trying to explain it to you. But well I tried.

Good night.

PS: The full maps: https://www.zurich-airport.com/passe...-en/site-plans

Mwenenzi and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Also, during my numerous phonecalls to Swiss, all agents stated that reason for delays were not stated in their system. I was only told about the weather problems concerning two previous days.
So where do people here find reasons for delay if the airline itself did not list it?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Has it ever occured to you that you may be wrong and the whole situation isn’t just black/white?

the problem is that it never occured to everyone who replied that I have asked them and Swiss agents all the relevant questions myself and put in doubt the entire situation. I was not asking anyone here to investigate.
I asked for assistance here on what I did not know - but my questions were ignored, and discussion was shifted.

Thank You for trying to assist. I must have been blind for missing everyone's answer to my question.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
I asked for assistance here on what I did not know - but my questions were ignored, and discussion was shifted.

Thank You for trying to assist. I must have been blind for missing everyone's answer to my question.
The only question you asked in your original post, "What compensation can they seek at this point?", has been answered repeatedly and in great detail for you.........none. I feel bad for your friends for enduring this experience, but to me it sounds like the most traumatizing part would have been involving a ranting lunatic like yourself in the matter.
Mwenenzi, wrp96, Often1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP asked the specific question about compensation and the answer to that is none.

One need not assess fault here and blame the two passengers. Perhaps they made a mistake. It happens. But, the fact is that it was their sole responsibility to make it to their connecting gate at ZRH and they did not.

The argument about the time of arrival at ZRH and departure to DME is a complete folly. The FR timings are clearly there and unless there is some grand conspiracy to "get" the OP's friends, which includes LX, Swiss passport control, and the FR 24 administrators, they had more than enough time to make their connection.

But, they did not. It was not through LX's fault and thus there is no compensation due.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Voldoo
... but to me it sounds like the most traumatizing part would have been involving a ranting lunatic like yourself in the matter.
Don't assign your own diagnosis upon others. Move along.

Last edited by ellylex; Jun 3, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
...It was not through LX's fault and thus there is no compensation due.
Thank You. I certainly got the point. ))) Deal with intelligent and decent people and do not reply to morons passing judgments.

Commentators here like to discuss the wrong temperature of their food, temperature in the cabin, wrong color of their slippers, and so on and seek compensation for such awful cases.
God forbid, someone inquires about serious matters like being injured by staff on the aircraft or having broken seat on 13 hours flight - vultures will immediately descend and start pecking at the passenger.

I will not report back of the result which might upset "healthy" individuals in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.