Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Schengen Lounge in ZRH [A] August 27 to Spring 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a wall outside the A lounge they're posting weekly "progress" photos showing the construction work underway.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just to clarify, following a visit to the small Aspire lounge in Terminal A, FTLs will not get lounge access unless they are traveling in Business or BEST. They will have to go to Terminal D, which the nice agent said was not so far away, or schlep out to Terminal E ( not sure if you're allowed to go through passport control to do that if you're on a European flight). This all makes sense, because the Aspire lounge is far too small.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Just to clarify, following a visit to the small Aspire lounge in Terminal A, FTLs will not get lounge access unless they are traveling in Business or BEST. They will have to go to Terminal D, which the nice agent said was not so far away, or schlep out to Terminal E ( not sure if you're allowed to go through passport control to do that if you're on a European flight). This all makes sense, because the Aspire lounge is far too small.
For Swiss and EFTA nationals, it's not a problem to go to the E lounge at any time no matter what flight they're on. Also, EU nationals are allowed to do so.

It can take anything from 5min to 30min to reach E (and vice versa). Seldom above 15min, though. "Worst" case is around lunch time, when SQ/EK/LX big birds are taking off/arrived from E gates.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
It can take anything from 5min to 30min to reach E (and vice versa). Seldom above 15min, though. "Worst" case is around lunch time, when SQ/EK/LX big birds are taking off/arrived from E gates.
I have done that a couple of times. On returning last time though I had to go
thru passport control and security over in the B-gate area and then walk back to the end of the A gate terminal - quite a time-consuming schlepp.

On earlier visits I could proceed from the E-train directly up thru immigration and into the A-gate area - without going via B and security.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:19 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I have been to the E-gates SEN on Friday.

Fairly impressive lounge.

Immigration took 30 seconds on outbound and 10 seconds on inbound.

BTW... Heidi is gone. Now there is a guy who who is waving the Swiss flag. ZRH Airport is not the same without Heidi
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I noticed that. I had informed my traveling companion that we would be taking the Heidi train and it turned out to be a bit of a let down. I thought I'd blinked and missed something. At 08h30 in the morning, the trip out to E took all of 5 minutes.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA
Flying Saturday 12pm from ZRH to LHR (*G in Y). Would you recommend heading over to E or just use D since the LHR flights leave from there anyway?
I know the E lounge quite well and enjoy the whiskey bar but not sure it is worth it?
How full is the D lounge at the moment? Food worse then E?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by German Expat
Flying Saturday 12pm from ZRH to LHR (*G in Y). Would you recommend heading over to E or just use D since the LHR flights leave from there anyway?
I'm as much of a lounge junkie as any FTer but really, unless I had a very long transit at ZRH anyways, it would not occur to me to arrive at the airport early, take the train out to E gates for the SEN lounge there, only to go back to D and board my flight, when a perfectly decent SEN lounge is readily available at D already.

I mean, it's a lounge, right?
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:10 pm

I know the E lounge quite well and enjoy the whiskey bar but not sure it is worth it?
If you arrive a sensible time at the airport (~30mins before boarding) just use D. I do not see the point arriving early just to traipse over to E for the sake of a lounge.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Except for the late morning rush hour at E, the D lounge is on average more crowded.

Food is not worse, just fewer options and not customizable as there are no chefs but a normal buffet.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
WE are arriving from YUL onto Florence in Business class with a 6hr layover. If we elect not to go into City what's our best lounge for food and shower to use between our flights?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ramz
WE are arriving from YUL onto Florence in Business class with a 6hr layover. If we elect not to go into City what's our best lounge for food and shower to use between our flights?
Stay in E, where you will most likely arrive (there is a very slim chance of a D arrival). Canadian arrivals are "clean" meaning you can head directly to the lounge, and the YUL arrival is so early that there won't be any of those horrible queues for showers that start later in the morning. Have a nice breakfast in the business lounge (assuming no *G card?) and relax before taking the train over to A for your flight to FLR (going through passport control after the train). At least, that's my opinion

Cheers,
bawm
Ramz likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Assuming you go before spring, E would be the place to go to, as the lounges in A are closed (except First Class). Also have the an outdoor patio and a nice view of the airport against the backdrop of the Alps.
Ramz likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Probably I would have a shower in the Welcome lounge and later, depending on the time available, I would go to the lounge in terminal E or just grab a sandwich with the voucher I understand they hand out @ Terminal A
Ramz likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:41 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
WE are arriving from YUL onto Florence in Business class with a 6hr layover. If we elect not to go into City
Why?

Go to the city. ZRH downtown is amazingly nice during fall.
Ramz and rossmacd like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.