Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Schengen Lounge in ZRH [A] August 27 to Spring 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
will be connecting at ZRH tonight, schengen to schengen. Should I try B/D SEN lounge or schlepp to E?
Depends on how much time you've got.

Considering your nickname, I would recommend the E-lounge with the whisky-bar.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Actually I might just go for SMART (on EW) because you get lounge access with that too as a FTL. I have noticed that you sometimes get an offer to bid for BEST at a fairly low price. In this case the price difference to BEST was not that huge so I was tempted just to take it. Need to pull the trigger today or tomorrow!

I suspect with BEST you are guaranteed some sort of lounge access at ZRH, whereas in the current situation you might end up with a coffee voucher or something with SMART.
Best definitely gives you yome kind of lounge access, as it is part of the fare description. Don't know much about the arrangements for FTLs, though, sorry.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Depends on how much time you've got.

Considering your nickname, I would recommend the E-lounge with the whisky-bar.
I understood that was part of the F lounge, and I'm but a lowly SEN in eco...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

I have never been but I understand there is also a Whisky Bar at the Sen Lounge E gates
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: LX SEN
This whisky bar is in the SEN lounge in terminal E. Good selection of single malts, definitely worth the visit.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by LaxAttack
This whisky bar is in the SEN lounge in terminal E. Good selection of single malts, definitely worth the visit.
On my way literally!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:50 pm

On my way literally!
Enjoy!

The whisky bar 28/10, named after the runway in ZRH, is part of the SEN lounge. When you enter the lounge, turn left for the whisky bar and right for food etc.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Enjoy!
The whisky bar 28/10, named after the runway in ZRH, is part of the SEN lounge. When you enter the lounge, turn left for the whisky bar and right for food etc.
Well, let me close the topic by stating I was truly impressed with the selection at the 28/10, the bartender (is there a way to give feedback to Swiss regarding their ground personnel?) and the lounge overall. Massive improvement over the abysmal old E lounge. would be great if they refurbished the A lounge to this standard (ideally including the whisky bar, too). Very pleasant and spacious feel to it (of course helped by the fact it was around 19:30 local with not that much traffic).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:11 pm

Well, let me close the topic by stating I was truly impressed with the selection at the 28/10, the bartender (is there a way to give feedback to Swiss regarding their ground personnel?) and the lounge overall. Massive improvement over the abysmal old E lounge. would be great if they refurbished the A lounge to this standard (ideally including the whisky bar, too). Very pleasant and spacious feel to it (of course helped by the fact it was around 19:30 local with not that much traffic).
Glad you liked it! ^

Concerning your question: When you use the free Wifi at the lounge, it will usually ask you to participate in a survey about the lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:23 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Some feedback on the coffee-to-fly concept:

You have to go to where the Airside Center lounge used to be to receive a voucher.

You get a choice of 1 drink and 1 snack:

1 beverage (soft, hot, small draught beer, 1 glass of house wine)

1 snack (1 baked good, 1 snack sweet/salty, 1 sandwich with/without meat*, 1 birhcer museli or fresh fruits)

*not available at Center Bar, Walter, Sportsbar.

Locations:

Gate A: NZZ Café, Bier Bar,
Gate B: panopolis
Airside Center: Walter, Sports Bar, Center Bar.

You get a voucher for a companion if you have a senator/star gold card.

My own experience was poor though, went to the NZZ Café and asked for a bretzel sandwich with salami. I was literally yelled at that only a normal bun sandwich with salami or cheese was acceptable and that they were tired of repeating this all day. The first sandwich I requested had a face value of 6.90 CHF the one's allowed 6.50 CHF. Talk about ridiculous (and that's not mentioning the rude attitude of the staff at NZZ Café).

Note that there's nothing preventing you doing each one of the coffee to fly, aspire lounge and LX E gate lounges.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:08 am

The "free" sandwiches you get at the other outlets are exactly the same too actually. In my eyes it's too stingy. They should have made it like "Worth for food and drinks up to 20/25 CHF" or something like that, and/or possibly a different value for FTLs (which get absolutely nothing)

I guess Swiss thinks they get away with it, it being ZRH and all..
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
We're traveling LAX-ZRH-BCN next week with a long layover in ZRH. I haven't been through this airport before, I apologize for asking for a quick answer versus doing the research but what's the best lounge plan? I don't want to accidentally go past a point of no return and end up stuck with no lounge prior to the last flight.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
We're traveling LAX-ZRH-BCN next week with a long layover in ZRH. I haven't been through this airport before, I apologize for asking for a quick answer versus doing the research but what's the best lounge plan? I don't want to accidentally go past a point of no return and end up stuck with no lounge prior to the last flight.
A little bit more information about WHAT you're actually travelling with which status on which airlines might actually help..

Assuming LX metal and enough *G status for everyone: E Lounge, SEN

But then staying in the airport for a long layover is pretty silly. ZRH is a great city and just a few minutes away from the airport.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
A little bit more information about WHAT you're actually travelling with which status on which airlines might actually help..

Assuming LX metal and enough *G status for everyone: E Lounge, SEN

But then staying in the airport for a long layover is pretty silly. ZRH is a great city and just a few minutes away from the airport.
Whoops, no status but on LX in J. Will plan on a short stop in the E arrivals lounge and then head into ZRH for a couple hours. Is there a good luggage storage option or just schlep carryons into town?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Whoops, no status but on LX in J. Will plan on a short stop in the E arrivals lounge and then head into ZRH for a couple hours. Is there a good luggage storage option or just schlep carryons into town?
Just to clarify: The "real" Arrivals lounge is in A (landside), which you can (or could!) use with your J ticket. However, inbound from LAX arrives at 3pm (unless I'm mistaken), so that's not an option as it closes at 1pm.

The lounge in E you could use is the Business lounge (no access to the slightly better SEN lounge due to it being *G only)

Since you're arriving clean (the US is considered that) you'll be arriving next to the lounges in E, and I'd use the lounge there as "Arrivals" lounge. Not that many showers, but at 3pm it should be no waiting time.

For luggage storage, I'd either suggest either manned luggage storage ( https://www.zurich-airport.com/passe...aggage-service ) or the "Blue" lockers at the SBB station. Both are reasonably cheap. If for only up to 4hrs, the manned luggage storage might even be cheaper if just for one piece (or you don't want to change for coins)

Anyway, if you like I can give you a tour around Zurich (and if I got time on that day - calendar week 39 looks fairly good to me ) - I always enjoy guiding fellow FTers around my hometown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.