Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Schengen Lounge in ZRH [A] August 27 to Spring 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm not too familiar with ZRH - I'm assuming this is the only lounge with showers that accepted Priority Pass.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by klausa
The website mentions something about "Coffee-to-fly concept". Anyone has a clue what that is?
Either vouchers valid in cafés as other OP's have suggested, or they could as SAS has done in smaller airports (Cafe Lounges) is to set up small 'pop-up' cafe spaces where people can come grab a coffee, snacks and go.

Lufthansa used to have a 'Business Class' zone in the gate area, with seating, coffee etc. so they could just install that at every gate and open it to *G/SEN as well.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
now I really have to book ZRH-FRA-BOS where I upgrade FRA-BOS to F ... that should give me access to the F lounge in ZRH then. What a mess.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Acid
I'm not too familiar with ZRH - I'm assuming this is the only lounge with showers that accepted Priority Pass.
According to the PP website, you also get access to the Swiss D lounge, which also has showers.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...7-b8c1396b2910
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
now I really have to book ZRH-FRA-BOS where I upgrade FRA-BOS to F ... that should give me access to the F lounge in ZRH then. What a mess.
You can never be sure about that. Considering LX even told their very own F pax to get lost (because their ticket wasn't LH-group plated)..
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by cfischer
It seems that the F lounge will remain open until the construction of the new Lounge will be ready, which seems to be mid December. The space of the current F lounge will be part of the SEN lounge as it seems?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You can never be sure about that. Considering LX even told their very own F pax to get lost (because their ticket wasn't LH-group plated)..
... and still tell
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
According to the PP website, you also get access to the Swiss D lounge, which also has showers.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...7-b8c1396b2910
Thanks - I will be arriving on Etihad at 6.55 AM and leaving on AA at 10.15 am both from E gates. Its on separate tickets and I'll be with hand luggage only. Hoping to avoid immigration. Will I be able to collect my AA boarding pass in E area, head to D to shower and get back to E gates for my flight?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Thanks - I will be arriving on Etihad at 6.55 AM and leaving on AA at 10.15 am both from E gates. Its on separate tickets and I'll be with hand luggage only. Hoping to avoid immigration. Will I be able to collect my AA boarding pass in E area, head to D to shower and get back to E gates for my flight?

Thanks!
It is possible to do that without entering Schengen, but that means you'd go through a security check both going to D and coming back to E. And yes, E has transfer desks if you need a BP.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Will I be able to collect my AA boarding pass in E area, head to D to shower and get back to E gates for my flight?
Yes, but not sure at what time the transfer desks at the E gates open. Why don't you check in online for your AA flight before you depart AUH? That way, you'll be all set when you get to ZRH.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Yes, but not sure at what time the transfer desks at the E gates open. Why don't you check in online for your AA flight before you depart AUH? That way, you'll be all set when you get to ZRH.
I need document check prior to AA issuing US bound BP. Not a US Citizen.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by bawm
It is possible to do that without entering Schengen, but that means you'd go through a security check both going to D and coming back to E. And yes, E has transfer desks if you need a BP.
Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:31 am

I need document check prior to AA issuing US bound BP. Not a US Citizen.
The transfer counter will be open in the morning. So you should be fine. Absolutely worst case you might to need a little while..
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
I have a flight in October from Oslo to Geneva, through Zurich. 4 hours in Zurich.
Will I be able to take train to Senator lounge in E, and then head back before Geneva flight?
Or will there be some passport control asking me to return before even reaching the E-lounge?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Kleffen
I have a flight in October from Oslo to Geneva, through Zurich. 4 hours in Zurich.
Will I be able to take train to Senator lounge in E, and then head back before Geneva flight?
Yes, absolutely.
Or will there be some passport control asking me to return before even reaching the E-lounge?
There will be passport control both ways. Just tell them you want to go to the lounge. You'll be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.