Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Schengen Lounge in ZRH [A] August 27 to Spring 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:07 pm

If no time to go to D/E, which should I do?
1. Pick up coffee/snack voucher at A courtesy desk?
2. Use Aspire in B?
3. Use Dnata in B?

I do not have an EU passport.
I'll be passing through at these times.
11:15am-1:05pm (Saturday)
and
7:35pm-9pm (Sunday)
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
The Swiss website is a bit unclear to me:

To Senators, Star Alliance Gold members and Business Class guests booked on a flight operated by a Lufthansa Group carrier the following possibilities are available:
  • SWISS Lounges in Dock E and B
  • Aspire Lounge
  • Coffee-to-fly-concept
Does the above only apply to flights on LH group carriers? Or is that restriction only for C pax?

In particular, I'm wondering if non-M&M *G flying non-LH group *A carriers can get Coffee-to-fly (and Aspire lounge access)?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
- Aspire lounge is, according to other pax asking for the voucher, terribly full. Didnt bother to check it myself..
Hardly surprising...
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by florens
Hardly surprising...
I went to Aspire lounge today at around 11:00-11:30. It had lots of people but not so packed I couldn't get a seat and food. It didn't seem any worse in terms of crowding than the old SEN A lounge.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I went to Aspire lounge today at around 11:00-11:30. It had lots of people but not so packed I couldn't get a seat and food. It didn't seem any worse in terms of crowding than the old SEN A lounge.
Totally agree. The Aspire lounge is, by far, not as good as the Swiss lounges in E and D, but comparable to the (former) Swiss lounge in A. Would only go there if I don't have anough time for the trip to E, but a lot better than nothing.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:08 pm

I was in ZRH on Saturday and today (Sunday).
I was in the Aspire lounge between 11:30am-12:30pm on Saturday. I found a seat but mostly I found it dark and crowded and I had to sit at the counter overlooking landside without any natural light.
Tonight, I was in ZRH between 7:30pm-8:30pm. Just to see what it was like, I asked for one of the coffee and snack vouchers instead of lounge access. The agent gave it to me no problem.

It was valid at about 5-6 places and you could get one drink plus 1 snack or sandwich.

First I went to the Sports Bar and they denied it was valid for a sandwich. They offered cheesecake or a pretzel.

Next stop was NZZ Cafe.

I could not choose the more deluxe sandwiches - in fact - I was allowed only between the bun with cheese or salami. It was pretty dry and bland.

I see this as better option if you just want a snack and aren't hoping for a meal replacement. I guess I was hoping for me when I saw sandwich on the voucher.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:50 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Anyone know if they give one voucher per card holder or also extend it to guests ?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Spoke to the F lounge staff in A terminal today. They told me the new FC lounge in A will open only in Feb 2018 and not in Dec 2017 as originally planned. I hope they can meet the deadlines for the Senator und Biz lounges
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by GVA
Anyone know if they give one voucher per card holder or also extend it to guests ?
I imagine it is also extended to guests
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Any idea where I might end up in terms of lounges with a Eurowings booking in BEST tariff? The route will be ZRH-DUS and it will be in December.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
went to the E gates F lounge this morning ... glad I did
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Any idea where I might end up in terms of lounges with a Eurowings booking in BEST tariff? The route will be ZRH-DUS and it will be in December.
Best gives you access to the LX C-lounges and I would assume that you will also be able to use the Aspire lounge as an alternative and get the "coffee-to-fly" voucher; the latter, however, only Eurowings can tell you.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
went to the E gates F lounge this morning ... glad I did
It is just so much better than the FCL in A. The outdoor terrace alone make the trip worthwhile...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Best gives you access to the LX C-lounges and I would assume that you will also be able to use the Aspire lounge as an alternative and get the "coffee-to-fly" voucher; the latter, however, only Eurowings can tell you.
Actually I might just go for SMART (on EW) because you get lounge access with that too as a FTL. I have noticed that you sometimes get an offer to bid for BEST at a fairly low price. In this case the price difference to BEST was not that huge so I was tempted just to take it. Need to pull the trigger today or tomorrow!

I suspect with BEST you are guaranteed some sort of lounge access at ZRH, whereas in the current situation you might end up with a coffee voucher or something with SMART.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
will be connecting at ZRH tonight, schengen to schengen. Should I try B/D SEN lounge or schlepp to E?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.