Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hyatt Plat
Basel to Manchester

Dear Gianrico, I was wondering if you could assist me with an enquiry. The last three flights I have taken on this route have not been credited with miles and more points, but the return flight from Manchester to Basel does get credited. My miles and more card number is on the booking and the boarding card but both myself and my wife have not been getting the points added since May. This has only started happening though since BMI have took over the flight and its become a codeshare with Swiss? I booked all my flights through Swiss. Can you advise?

Kind regards, Rash
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by rash76
Dear Gianrico, I was wondering if you could assist me with an enquiry. The last three flights I have taken on this route have not been credited with miles and more points, but the return flight from Manchester to Basel does get credited. My miles and more card number is on the booking and the boarding card but both myself and my wife have not been getting the points added since May. This has only started happening though since BMI have took over the flight and its become a codeshare with Swiss? I booked all my flights through Swiss. Can you advise?

Kind regards, Rash
I've had the same issue flying to LHR on an LX issued Ticket this year (in fact, of my last half dozen BD Flights in thr last 7 months, the others were domestic Flights when they still flew somewhere useful [GLA]), on all bar one I've had to retroclaim the Miles. Which is a pain as BD can't be claimed online (even the codeshare flight ex-BSL when booked through LX with their Flight Number), so you end up wasting a stamp to send the BP in every time.
it seems to me it's a software problem with BD more than anything else...
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:31 pm

Oh, and just as an aside, Gianrico, I was on LH2403 BSL-MUC on Saturday morning (6:10 departure), and I'd used the LX online Check-in for it on Friday, though didn't have access to a Printer at the time. No worries, thought I, I'll use the self Check-in Machine at BSL to retrieve my BP and go straight up the Lounge.
However, both Machines were out of order when I got to the Airport at 5:15, and there were only 2 Swissport desks open (1 C, and 1 Y) handling all the departing LX, LH and BD Flights [LX2991 to ZRH [6am], my Flight to MUC [6:10], LH1211 to FRA [6:10], LX1032 to HAM [6:40], BD160 to LHR [7:25], LX1934 to BCN [7:40] and LH1201 to FRA [8am] were all open for Checkin at these two desks]. To top it all off, apparently a connecting UA Flight [UA945] from Frankfurt to Chicago was cancelled which led to some discussions about rebooking at the desks. It took me 15 minutes to get to the front of the C queue to collect my BP (and even then, there had only been 1 group that required Visas in front of me...), at which point all the Pax in the Y Queue for LX2991 to ZRH were waved over as it had already officially closed to be processed. After the ZRH Pax had been processed, Pax to MUC were asked to come forward as their Flight was closing... I still made it to the Lounge by 5:50, but my anticipated stressfree Saturday morning had kind of evaporated by then.

So my question is surely there should be more than 2 Desks open on a Saturday morning at the start of the School Holidays, especially if the self service machines are U/S?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:14 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by LX-LH
Thank you Gianrico for clarifying!
The kindness of the local staff compensates not being able to access those lounges.
I would like to benefit from our knowledge and insight to ask you a different question. Do you know whether Swiss will continue to use Privat air on the ZRH-EWR route or are there plans to fly their own aircrafts?
I am asking you so because I use frequently that route and, even though the Privat air crew are very nice and exquisite, the aircraft is noisy and the sleeparette seats are quite old and not very comfortable. In addition, the entertainment system is definitely very poor indeed. Thank you for your attention
Best wishes,
LX-LH
Dear LX-LH

Thank you for your enquiry, and of course for using our services so frequently!

Obviously, our network and fleet development department is constantly monitoring the situation on our routes and in the markets served and currently unserved, and tries to adjust offerings according to demand, including for the route to Newark. Unfortunately, I do not have any insight into these evaluations, as any changes are announced publicly and not communicated beforehand, even internally. So I'm afraid I cannot give you an answer on that one.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by rash76

Kind regards, Rash
Dear Rash76
Dear Matt in France

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience.

I'm afraid I cannot tell you a reason for this, as mileage credit is the responsibility of the operating carrier of a flight. As the BSL to MAN/LHR flights are British Midland International flights and SWISS is only a codeshare partner, you'll have to turn to BMI for this. As Matt in France already mentions, I also strongly suspect a software glitch somewhere between the several systems communicatig here.

As for your past flights, I unfortunately cannot spare you the effort of filing a retroclaim with your boarding passes, using the form on https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=de&cid=18003 . Again, I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding,
Gianrico
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by matt in france
Oh, and just as an aside, Gianrico, I was on LH2403 BSL-MUC on Saturday morning (6:10 departure), and I'd used the LX online Check-in for it on Friday, though didn't have access to a Printer at the time. No worries, thought I, I'll use the self Check-in Machine at BSL to retrieve my BP and go straight up the Lounge.
However, both Machines were out of order when I got to the Airport at 5:15, and there were only 2 Swissport desks open (1 C, and 1 Y) handling all the departing LX, LH and BD Flights [LX2991 to ZRH [6am], my Flight to MUC [6:10], LH1211 to FRA [6:10], LX1032 to HAM [6:40], BD160 to LHR [7:25], LX1934 to BCN [7:40] and LH1201 to FRA [8am] were all open for Checkin at these two desks]. To top it all off, apparently a connecting UA Flight [UA945] from Frankfurt to Chicago was cancelled which led to some discussions about rebooking at the desks. It took me 15 minutes to get to the front of the C queue to collect my BP (and even then, there had only been 1 group that required Visas in front of me...), at which point all the Pax in the Y Queue for LX2991 to ZRH were waved over as it had already officially closed to be processed. After the ZRH Pax had been processed, Pax to MUC were asked to come forward as their Flight was closing... I still made it to the Lounge by 5:50, but my anticipated stressfree Saturday morning had kind of evaporated by then.

So my question is surely there should be more than 2 Desks open on a Saturday morning at the start of the School Holidays, especially if the self service machines are U/S?
Dear Matt in France

I'm sorry for this airport situation you have experienced on Saturday morning at Basle EuroAirport. I still hope that you had an enjoyable flight, could relax a little on board, and got to your destination safely.

I have forwarded your comments and feedback on this experience to our station management at Basle Airport and will update you about any comments from their side.

Thank you very much for your feedback, which we appreciate as this is what helps us to improve our services.

Kind regards,
Gianrico

Last edited by SwissInternationalAirLines; Jul 12, 2011 at 2:41 am Reason: Typo :-)
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear Matt in France

I'm sorry for this airport situation you have experienced on Saturday morning at Basle EuroAirport. I still hope that you had an enjoyable flight, could relax a little on board, and got to your destination safely.

I have forwarded your comments and feedback on this experience to our station management at Basle Airport and will update you about any comments from their side.

Thank you very much for your feedback, which we appreciate as this is what helps us to improve our services.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Thanks Gianrico. I know it's not strictly an LX issue, seeing as Swissport run the Ground Handling at BSL, but any feedback would be appreciated (and if it helps, my return flight was on LX via ZRH. ;-) ).
Best regards,
Matt.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:49 am

Thanks Gianrico. I know it's not strictly an LX issue, seeing as Swissport run the Ground Handling at BSL, but any feedback would be appreciated (and if it helps, my return flight was on LX via ZRH. ;-) ).
Best regards,
Matt.
Dear Matt,

Considering that in BSL you were checking in at a SWISS-branded counter and probably got hold of a SWISS-branded boarding pass, I am very much of the opinion that it actually is an LX issue, no matter who handles the process or whose aircraft you're actually ending up in :-)

As I have mentioned, I have forwarded your comments to our (LX) station management at EuroAirport and they have acknowledged the receipt of that email. They are aware that things not always run as smoothly as they should, and are in discussions with Swissport about these issues. They will further investigate specifically what was going on on Saturday morning and I will make sure to provide you with any further information or feedback I get.

Kind regards, and have a good day,
Gianrico
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:29 am

Best regards,
Matt.
Dear Matt

Btw, a little advertisement as a side note: As you were not able to access a printer when doing online check-in, have you considered trying our mobile boarding card? Not as sexy as a printed boarding pass if you're a collector (which I'm sure many FlyerTalkers are), but very handy and time-saving nonetheless Could have given you a relaxed cup of coffee in the BSL lounge

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:52 am

Dear Matt

Btw, a little advertisement as a side note: As you were not able to access a printer when doing online check-in, have you considered trying our mobile boarding card? Not as sexy as a printed boarding pass if you're a collector (which I'm sure many FlyerTalkers are), but very handy and time-saving nonetheless Could have given you a relaxed cup of coffee in the BSL lounge

Kind regards,
Gianrico
thanks for the suggestion, Gianrico. I did consider it, but my Phone has a habit of crashing at inopportune moments, so I'm always rather reluctant on relying on it for important documents...

cheers,
Matt.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
Dear Gianrico

I will be flying to Hurghada frm ZRH with Edelweiss on August 7th, as part of a Kuoni package. As a HON, may I use the F island for check in and the lounge?

thank you,

Davide
Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by SwissHON
Dear Gianrico

I will be flying to Hurghada frm ZRH with Edelweiss on August 7th, as part of a Kuoni package. As a HON, may I use the F island for check in and the lounge?

thank you,

Davide
Dear Davide

Thank you for your enquiry.

I'm happy to confirm to you that you will be able to use both the F-Cl. Check-in Island as well as the lounge for your trip to Hurghada. As a HON, you are entitled to use the lounge whenever you fly on whichever airline.

Please be advised though that unfortunately we will NOT be able to offer you the limousine transfer service from the lounge to the aircraft, and that you will therefore have to use the "regular" passenger channels.

Kind regards, and have a good holiday,
Gianrico
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Does the ZRH-BKK LX 180 flight have the new flat-bed type of business class seats yet? I am thinking of flying Swiss for the first time in business class on 28 or 29 July, and am confused a bit as to whether this flight has the new upgraded business class or not. Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
Dear Davide

Thank you for your enquiry.

I'm happy to confirm to you that you will be able to use both the F-Cl. Check-in Island as well as the lounge for your trip to Hurghada. As a HON, you are entitled to use the lounge whenever you fly on whichever airline.

Please be advised though that unfortunately we will NOT be able to offer you the limousine transfer service from the lounge to the aircraft, and that you will therefore have to use the "regular" passenger channels.

Kind regards, and have a good holiday,
Gianrico
Thnk you, Gianrico! Davide
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Does the ZRH-BKK LX 180 flight have the new flat-bed type of business class seats yet? I am thinking of flying Swiss for the first time in business class on 28 or 29 July, and am confused a bit as to whether this flight has the new upgraded business class or not. Thanks
Dear SingaporeDon

Thank you for considerng SWISS for your travel plans.

According to the current planning, the flight on 28 July is scheduled to have the new upgraded business class seat, while the flight on 29 July will - always according to the current planning - be operated by an aircraft with the old configuration.

Please be aware though that changes to aircraft rotation planning are always possible and that I cannot guarantee any specific configuration for any particular flight. The above information therefore is subject to change for as long as there are still aircraft with the old interior flying in our system.

Kind regards,
Gianrico

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.