Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:04 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by zolagola
Merci, Nick. Would there be any general communication issued to clients by LX in this matter as it seems this requirement has not been made official yet?
Hi zolagola,

I do not know how this policy has been communicated since the policy was put in place, I'm afraid. I will try to find out, though.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:19 pm

Dear Swiss Lurker,

I booked a return leg from ZRH to ORD on Swiss. Before booking I called Swiss to understand if I should book a Swiss or codeshare flight in order to get good seats. I was told that it doesn't matter. After booking, it seemed to matter. I was unable to select a seat when calling swiss. UA tells me I have no seat. However, the Swiss agent told me I have one (in one of the last rows). Also, I am unable to select one of this new "premium seat" options. I have to book through my travel agency for corp travel.
I did the same flights prior this year without any problems. I was able to call Swiss and got a good seat. In fact the experience made me switch to sue Swiss more often. However, the recent experience is not pleasant. I am a UA 1MM doing many Swiss an LX legs.

Is there a way to get a decent seat prior checkin?

Kind regards
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by nikleb
Dear Swiss Lurker,

I booked a return leg from ZRH to ORD on Swiss. Before booking I called Swiss to understand if I should book a Swiss or codeshare flight in order to get good seats. I was told that it doesn't matter. After booking, it seemed to matter. I was unable to select a seat when calling swiss. UA tells me I have no seat. However, the Swiss agent told me I have one (in one of the last rows). Also, I am unable to select one of this new "premium seat" options. I have to book through my travel agency for corp travel.
I did the same flights prior this year without any problems. I was able to call Swiss and got a good seat. In fact the experience made me switch to sue Swiss more often. However, the recent experience is not pleasant. I am a UA 1MM doing many Swiss an LX legs.

Kind regards
Dear nikleb,

I'm sorry to hear you've not had a good experience with your seat reservation for your upcoming flight. Would you be so kind and send me your booking details in a PM? Then we can have a look at it and try to sort out things.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:18 am

Dear Swiss Lurker,

Kind regards
Don't bother trying. Every agent will give you different answer to the reason of why they cannot do this, but the end result is the same - Swiss is not willing to let codeshare customers select seats (in economy) prior to checkin. Trust me, I have been trying (also Star Alliance Gold). Like you I cannot even pay to select seats. Really hope this gets fixed, but I do not hold out hope.

Last edited by olouie; Sep 24, 2014 at 12:31 am
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:10 am

Dear Swiss Lurker,

Kind regards
Dear nikleb,

I sent you a PM including details with respect to your reservation.

In fact, Senator and HON members can select their seats free of charge at any time. Unfortunately, the same does not hold for Star Alliance Gold customers.

However, I would like to clarify this further.
- Seat reservation is always free of charge in Business Class. There is, however, exclusive pre-reservation for our Senator and HON members for a few seats, e.g. the "J" seats.
- Seat reservation in Economy Class is free of charge for Senator and HON members
- For flights that are highly booked, advance seat reservation may become unavailable at some point due to lack of remaining seats.

I hope this clarifies things a little.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by zolagola
Merci, Nick. Would there be any general communication issued to clients by LX in this matter as it seems this requirement has not been made official yet?
Dear zolagola,

Just as an update - my colleague who can help with answering your question is currently out of office. I will let you know as soon as I have heard back from him.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear NewbieRunner

According to our Ground Services department, the rules have been changed last year such that HON, SEN and FTL (as usual regardless of the branding of their card, and regardless of class of travel) have access to the arrival lounge if arriving on an LX operated or marketing (LX flight number) flight, or if arriving form a LH Intercontinental flight.

For codeshare situations, that means:
- LX aircraft: Access always granted
- Other airline's aircraft: Access only granted if LX is the carrier on the ticket (irrespective of whether Star Alliance or not)

Similarly, other airlines' (incl. UA) First and Business Class guests only have access if their ticket is issued with LX as marketing carrier.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Hi - I asked this question in another thread and the mod suggested I post it here for clarification:

According to the United website (under United Global First Lounges and Arrival Facilities) it states:

"An Arrivals facility is a retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy a breakfast and use complimentary Wi-Fi at some locations. Start your day refreshed at an Arrivals facility. Before their departing international flight, United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers must ask a United representative at the airport to access the Arrivals facility. Access is subject to availability. Customers cannot bring guests into the Arrivals facilities."

And then under Airports, for 'Zurich' it lists "Swiss Airlines Arrivals Lounge" as the United arrivals lounge facility for ZRH.

This would imply (unless I'm missing something) that if you are flying United Global First or Business First, access to the arrivals lounge at ZRH is granted "subject to availability" if requested prior to boarding your ex-US flight. Has United now made arrangements with Swiss to allow this access?

Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Waldofriend
Hi - I asked this question in another thread and the mod suggested I post it here for clarification:

According to the United website (under United Global First Lounges and Arrival Facilities) it states:

"An Arrivals facility is a retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy a breakfast and use complimentary Wi-Fi at some locations. Start your day refreshed at an Arrivals facility. Before their departing international flight, United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers must ask a United representative at the airport to access the Arrivals facility. Access is subject to availability. Customers cannot bring guests into the Arrivals facilities."

And then under Airports, for 'Zurich' it lists "Swiss Airlines Arrivals Lounge" as the United arrivals lounge facility for ZRH.

This would imply (unless I'm missing something) that if you are flying United Global First or Business First, access to the arrivals lounge at ZRH is granted "subject to availability" if requested prior to boarding your ex-US flight. Has United now made arrangements with Swiss to allow this access?

Thanks!
Hi Waldofriend,

I am currently trying to find out and will get back to you shortly!

Best regards,
Nick
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:15 am

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Dear Swiss Lurker

i wondered why all Business partner award space has been removed between YUL-ZRH? I am hoping this is a glitch in the system?

Thanks

Alex

Last edited by flyertalker00156; Sep 26, 2014 at 5:21 am
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Dear Swiss Lurker

i wondered why all Business partner award space has been removed between YUL-ZRH? I am hoping this is a glitch in the system?

Thanks

Alex
Dear Alex,

Could you provide me with an example of the timespan you looked at? According to Revenue Management, no changes in our award ticket policies were made recently.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:06 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

Thanks

Alex
Dear Alex,

Could you provide me with an example of the timespan you looked at? According to Revenue Management, no changes in our award ticket policies were made recently.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
I am looking at flights between YUL-ZRH in J and return. Usually at least 2 award seats were released around 300 days in advance. Around 48 hours ago all seats were removed. There are now no partner award space i.e. July 14,15,16 has space now nothing. However is for all dates....
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:22 am

I am looking at flights between YUL-ZRH in J and return. Usually at least 2 award seats were released around 300 days in advance. Around 48 hours ago all seats were removed. There are now no partner award space i.e. July 14,15,16 has space now nothing. However is for all dates....
Dear Alex,

I will try to find out if there is a reason for the lack of availability.

Best,
Nick
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Waldofriend

Thanks!
Dear Waldofriend,

According to the information that I have received so far, it is indeed correct that United Global First and Business First guests have access to the Arrival Lounge.

There is one final confirmation outstanding. As soon as I have received this, I will get back to you again.

Best,
Nick
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Dear Waldofriend,

According to the information that I have received so far, it is indeed correct that United Global First and Business First guests have access to the Arrival Lounge.

There is one final confirmation outstanding. As soon as I have received this, I will get back to you again.

Best,
Nick
Thank you, Nick. Much appreciate your checking it out.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:55 pm
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Dear Nick

I have a question regarding the Check-In at many overseas stations. According to the SEN privileges "As a Senator you are welcome at the First Class check-in at any time - even if you have only booked a short domestic flight in Germany in Economy Class". In the last time I encounter that many stations have indicated that only HONs and F passengers may Check-In at the F class desks. Senators are moved to C class check-ins together with *G. I just experienced at ORD and they even denied to check me in on the F class desk and had me cueing (!) at the C desk since "they need to be available if a F guest arrive". Have seen the same Setup at SIN before where there is not even a SEN/F Check-In desk besides the separate F Check-In Lounge which is only available for F and HON.

What kind of new "enhancement" is that again?

Regards from ORD Lounge
mbr

Last edited by mbr; Sep 27, 2014 at 9:08 am Reason: corrections

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.