Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:54 pm

@The Wolf:

The wording of the lurker seems to suggest a difference between use in connecting flight while arriving in first class (your case) or departing in first class (my case), or at least that's what I'm reading in his post. Nonetheless, I always used the F lounge as an arrival lounge the same day, even on different bookings.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The answer given by the lurker was quite clear:

Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
You're welcome to use the lounge at departure and arrival of the FCL flight. After that it doesn't count as a First Class ticket anymore if you're in between two CCL flights.
However, according to this rule, 959 should not have been allowed access in ZRH...

And it would also mean no acces in ZRH when flying ZRH-FRA-XXX with FRA-XXX in LH F (and that is definitely not true).

Last edited by goliath; Nov 12, 2017 at 3:06 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by goliath
The answer given by the lurker was quite clear:

The answer was clear but not complete, and I am still awaiting clarification, which I am apparently still to get even according the Swisslurker him/her-self.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28969926-post1912.html

Your post in itself of course proves that the the rules/guidelines are far from clear.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Your post in itself of course proves that the the rules/guidelines are far from clear.
Yes, that was my point.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:50 am

I know - and frankly it is quite ridiculous that it would take weeks and weeks to quote said policy/guideline. Hope we can get it over with asap.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:53 am

Dear Swiss Lurker,

I have booked a round trip all LX operated (AMS - ZRH - NRT // PVG - ZRH - AMS) yesterday evening, only seem to find the seating a bit confusing. Booking made via LX website.

As I can only find manual online check-in able to be selected for short distance flights, do I still have the possibilities of choosing a seat via online check-in on the long-haul flights, or is this all regulated via automatic check-in?

If so, this will mean I have to pay 25eur per flight extra, to make sure of aisle seat (needed as my knees need to be stretched fully once in a while)?

Looking hearing from you.

Regards Richie
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:10 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by 959
Dear Swiss Lurker,

I flew GVA-ZRH-FRA-BKK in LH F on the 3rd of November, all booked on the same itinerary and all connecting flights on the same day in CCl. To my extreme surprise and annoyance, I was denied access to F Lounge in GVA from 3 different attendants, being pretty sure about the rules I asked to talk with the MdL in GVA who wasn't present.

After escalating to the first class services of Lufthansa on the phone and passing my own phone to the lounge attendant I was told that this time I could exceptionally be let in, but I was still wrong. It was now 5 minutes from boarding and I just left for my gate.

Once arrived in ZRH I was promptly let in at both A and E lounges but I wanted to make sure the rules didn't change and asked to talk with the MdL in ZRH, nobody showed up for several hours despite my multiple requests, it was finally time to board to FRA where both the MdL at the FCT and the purser on board took note of this inconsistency.

On a lesser note, the FCl check-in attendant in GVA didn't attach the HON tag despite my F connection and after I pointed it out she said that I get only the standard priority for being *G.

Nice inconsistent service...

Could you please clarify what the official rules for lounge access are in both departure and arrival?

PS: I also wrote about this to the Swiss Premium Travel Services in BSL and the MdL in ZRH
Dear 959,
Dear @The Wolf,

The information in this message is for both of your cases.
First of all, we would like to apologize for the long wait in response, as we needed to wait for a statement of the relevant department on this topic.

Now to explain this a little more detailed:
You're entitled to get the First Class Lounge (which will be FCL Lounge in this reply) access before and after a flight in Swiss First Class (FCL). On the routing PEK-ZRH-GVA-BRU, you're able to access the FCL in PEK and ZRH as you are either going on or coming from a First Class flight. In GVA you're coming from a Business Class (CCL) flight and are transfering to another CCL flight which gives you access to CCL Lounge in GVA.
For the other routing GVA-ZRH-FRA-BKK, you're indeed able to access the FCL Lounge in FRA but also in ZRH. The ZRH Lounge entrance is offered here because this flight brings you to your FCL flight from FRA to BKK. This is considered a 'direct feeder' flight, as it brings you to your FCL flight.

Now there aren't any policies and regulations published on our homepage yet. But after getting these questions and feedbacks, the relevant department is now working on putting the regulations together with different possible case-scenarios for our guests to see. As soon as the policy is complete and submission is approved, we will inform you where you can find the details on lounge access.

We apologize for these inconveniences and misunderstandings and hope we'll be able to provide you with a solid guideline very soon.

Best regards,
Leslie
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by richieeeee
Dear Swiss Lurker,

I have booked a round trip all LX operated (AMS - ZRH - NRT // PVG - ZRH - AMS) yesterday evening, only seem to find the seating a bit confusing. Booking made via LX website.

As I can only find manual online check-in able to be selected for short distance flights, do I still have the possibilities of choosing a seat via online check-in on the long-haul flights, or is this all regulated via automatic check-in?

If so, this will mean I have to pay 25eur per flight extra, to make sure of aisle seat (needed as my knees need to be stretched fully once in a while)?

Looking hearing from you.

Regards Richie
Dear Richie,

You'll still be able to select your seats. When online check-in is available (23h before departure), you can log in with your name and booking reference and choose or change your seat reservations. Costs are only charged if you don't have a seat reservation included and want to reserve a seat well in advance.

Best regards,
Leslie
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:15 am

For the other routing GVA-ZRH-FRA-BKK, you're indeed able to access the FCL Lounge in FRA but also in ZRH. The ZRH Lounge entrance is offered here because this flight brings you to your FCL flight from FRA to BKK. This is considered a 'direct feeder' flight, as it brings you to your FCL flight.
Can you please let us know the definition (or rather, your definition) of 'direct feeder' flight? Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Dear Swisslurker @SwissInternationalAirLines
I have a rather crazy seat assignment situation and would like your opinion. May I DM you some documents and explain the issue?
Thank you
Andre
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Can you please let us know the definition (or rather, your definition) of 'direct feeder' flight? Thanks.
Hi mmff,

Of course. A direct feeder is your transportation to or from your First Class flight.
A different example would be if you have a train from Munich to Berlin. Both, the taxi which brings you from your home to Munich train station, as well as the taxi which brings you from Berlin train station to your hotel, are considered to be a direct feeder, as they're the connection to and from your train ride.

I hope this helps to understand the definition.

Best regards,
Leslie
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by asimha
Dear Swisslurker @SwissInternationalAirLines
I have a rather crazy seat assignment situation and would like your opinion. May I DM you some documents and explain the issue?
Thank you
Andre
Hi Asimha,

Feel free to send us your preferences and details via DM so we can have a look at your request.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:43 am

Dear Swiss Lurker,

I would like to understand regarding senator seats on the A330 Business Class configuration. On the website 4D and G are classed as senator seats however not 5G. However I am unable to book 5G and when I call in to the Swiss reservation centre, I am told that 5G is a Senator seat. Could you explain why this is no reflected on your website? Maybe I am missing something

Thanks,

Alex
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:41 am

Dear 959,
Dear @The Wolf,

The information in this message is for both of your cases.
First of all, we would like to apologize for the long wait in response, as we needed to wait for a statement of the relevant department on this topic.

Now to explain this a little more detailed:
You're entitled to get the First Class Lounge (which will be FCL Lounge in this reply) access before and after a flight in Swiss First Class (FCL). On the routing PEK-ZRH-GVA-BRU, you're able to access the FCL in PEK and ZRH as you are either going on or coming from a First Class flight. In GVA you're coming from a Business Class (CCL) flight and are transfering to another CCL flight which gives you access to CCL Lounge in GVA.

Now there aren't any policies and regulations published on our homepage yet. But after getting these questions and feedbacks, the relevant department is now working on putting the regulations together with different possible case-scenarios for our guests to see. As soon as the policy is complete and submission is approved, we will inform you where you can find the details on lounge access.

We apologize for these inconveniences and misunderstandings and hope we'll be able to provide you with a solid guideline very soon.

Best regards,
Leslie

Dear Leslie,

This means I would be granted access to the GVA FCL on a BRU-GVA-ZRH-X ticket with ZRH-X in F, as the flight GVA-ZRH is bringing me to my ZRH-X flight, thus being a 'direct feeder flight'?
Similar to your GVA-ZRH-FRA-BKK example, so I presume yes.

Best Regards
The Wolf
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Dear Swiss Lurker,

I would like to understand regarding senator seats on the A330 Business Class configuration. On the website 4D and G are classed as senator seats however not 5G. However I am unable to book 5G and when I call in to the Swiss reservation centre, I am told that 5G is a Senator seat. Could you explain why this is no reflected on your website? Maybe I am missing something

Thanks,

Alex
Dear Alex,

This is difficult to say without seeing the display of the seat map, as it isn't the same for all flights. Can you give us a date and flight number? We'll check how the seat on this flight is marked in our system and the website.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Leslie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.