Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:32 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by wildaboutAZcats
Dear Swiss Lurker,

We are flying from Zurich to LAX on 10 Jan 2018. Our tickets were ticketed through United and it won't allow me to reserve our seats through either United or Swiss Air website. Is there any way to obtain a seat ahead of time?

Thanks so much,
Susy

Dear wildaboutAZcats,

For codeshare flights it's usually difficult to reserve seats in advance. You're welcome to send us your booking reference and seat preference via direct message and we'll check your booking.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
it seems Swiss is refurbishing the lounges in ZRH A and will close both the SEN and C lounge till Easter 2018.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ng-2018-a.html

Does this mean there will be no option for SEN/C pax to use for more than 6 months?? Going to D or E is not really an option for most of us.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
it seems Swiss is refurbishing the lounges in ZRH A and will close both the SEN and C lounge till Easter 2018.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ng-2018-a.html

Does this mean there will be no option for SEN/C pax to use for more than 6 months?? Going to D or E is not really an option for most of us.
Dear oliver2002

I asked my colleagues who work at the SWISS lounge in A, if there are any other alternatives than using the lounges in D or E during the renovation.

They told me, that it's planned to allow our C pax and status customers to use the Aspire lounge in A. The access rules are going to remain the same.

Kind regards
Deyvid
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
RIMOWA Electronic Tag

Dear Swiss Lurker,

From the RIMOWA website I understand that Swiss now also accepts the Rimowa electronic tags. I know how to create a tag in the Lufthansa iPhone app.

How do I create the tag in the Swiss iPhone app?

Regards,

Ziegenhorn
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:11 pm

First class & luggage check-in BCN (Barcelona)

Dear Dayvid, Swiss team,

I posted this topic separately on Swiss forum, but someone suggested to contact you directly.

On two accessions already when checking in at Barcelona airport in Swiss First (connecting to trans-Atlantic flight in Swiss First), the check-in staff refused to tag my luggage with first class/hon status. The told me that with Swiss it is not possible and that the check-in system automatically checks the luggage as 'priority', only first/hon tag, because first flight in in business class and they do not see that connecting is in Swiss First class.

A few weeks ago, the check-in agent was very nice, but said something to effect "if you want your luggage to be checked-in as Frist/HON, you should fly only LH", with a bit of condescending tone. If you need more information, please contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Lukas
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Dear Swiss Lurker,

From the RIMOWA website I understand that Swiss now also accepts the Rimowa electronic tags. I know how to create a tag in the Lufthansa iPhone app.

How do I create the tag in the Swiss iPhone app?

Regards,

Ziegenhorn
Dear Ziegenhorn

Currently the SWISS App is not compatible with the Rimowa electronic Tag.
You can use the Lufthansa App to check-in for your SWISS flights and then create the tag there. This information can be found here.

Kind regards
Deyvid
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Unhappy No notification of a schedule change which would have caused a missed connection

Dear Swiss Lurker/@SwissInternationalAirlines;

I received two emails yesterday regarding a LHR-SIN round trip my husband and I are taking together in Feb/Mar 2018. This is the first time we have booked with Swiss.

One email told me of a schedule change for one of the flights (SIN-ZRH) and the other told me our seats had changed (as a result of the schedule change) and invited me to visit MMB to view/change the seat assignment. All fine.

However when I checked MMB I saw that the LHR-ZRH flight had also changed, arriving in Zurich after scheduled departure the ZRH-SIN flight. There was a message asking me to ring my travel agent. I rang reservations and got us put back onto the original LHR-ZRH flight, but the agent could not tell me when this particular schedule change had happened or explain why I had not been notified of the change by email. He did say that something might have happened with 'the system' as it wasn't the first such call he had received yesterday.

My concern is that if it hadn't been for the SIN-ZRH schedule change, we might not have been aware of the potential misconnection in Zurich on the outward journey until online check-in, by which time it might have been too late to fix it.

How can I be confident that Swiss will alert us of any further schedule changes? Do we need to be checking MMB regularly just in case?

Regards,
WickedStepMother

Last edited by WickedStepMother; Aug 13, 2017 at 2:01 pm
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: Miles & More
Dear @SwissInternationalAirLines - sorry to bother you with this returning problem:

I booked a direct return flight from ZRH to NRT. Since it is a codeshare flight (I made the booking on the ANA website), I'm not able to reserve seats. I'm 2.02m tall and find it very uncomfortable to sit in a normal seat (and it's not good for the person next to me as well). Usually I give ANA a call and they can reserve the exit seat for me. But they told me, they are not able to since it was a SWISS operated flight. On the phone with SWISS customer care they told me they cannot reserve a seat for me either...

Is there any possibility to have an exit seat reserved for me on the flight to Narita and back? What do I have to do?

Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by haglovic; Aug 14, 2017 at 8:19 am
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: Miles and More
Dear SWISS Lurker

Can you give an insight which canton/chef will be featured in the next SWISS Taste of Switzerland cycle?

Thank you.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:24 am

Dear Lurkers,

I have a voucher to be used on Swiss.com but my itinerary cannot be booked online. As this is a consequence of website limitations, will I be able to apply the voucher value if I purchase the ticket over the phone?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Original Routing Credit on Swiss ?

Hi There,

My AMS-ZRH-BOS flight was changed to AMS-BOS on Delta. (I do not know
the reason) This was a business class ticket. I am interested in the Original
Routing Credit on United since that will put me over the Star Gold elite level.
I have already opened a customer service request that was acknowledged
via automated response. But there has been no other communication.
1. Will I get the ORC ?
2. When ?
3. How do I follow up ?

Please advise...F.A.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Dear Swiss Lurker:
We are arriving from YUL then onto Florence in Business class all the way. Can you please tell me what gate we arrive from YUL, and what gate we depart to FLR? and if we have to change terminals. Also can we use the arrivals lounge to take a shower and eat? and which one is the best to relax? We have Canadian passports. Thank you.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Ramz
Dear Swiss Lurker:
We are arriving from YUL then onto Florence in Business class all the way. Can you please tell me what gate we arrive from YUL, and what gate we depart to FLR? and if we have to change terminals. Also can we use the arrivals lounge to take a shower and eat? and which one is the best to relax? We have Canadian passports. Thank you.
I think you're wrong to ask the Swiss Lurker those questions. You'd be better off asking them here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...-q-thread.html

And you should state a few more things. Your booked flights (Swiss flies 3x a day to FLR, are we - or the lurker for that matter - supposed to guess which flight you're on?), status if any, and possibly also important WHEN your flight is happening (ie, you might want to consider to hit Zurich downtown in early October on a sunday day on a 7hrs layover, but not so much in foggy, rainy late November.)

But to answer your questions very generically:

You'll probably arrive at E Gates (chance of D Gates), then (if Canada is considered clean) directly be in the Gate area. If not (or you're dumped into the dirty area by mistake) then a security check before reaching "clean" area.

If you're holding *G status, SEN lounge right there in E Gates is the best pick, if not, the C lounge still is reasonable (and has the same showers) in E Gates. Next to each other.

From E Gates you take a little train (called Heidi train) to A gates, where you'll be passing immigration. After that, you'll depart from A gates, which a chance of it being B gates. Doesn't really matter in terms of distance really.

If before 1pm, you could also use the Arrivals lounge which is landside, however I'd probably refrain from doing so since you'll have no lounge once back airside unless you treck all the way back to E* (A lounges currently are closed for refurbishment till next spring) - but if you want to go downtown for a few hours, the Arrival lounge is a good option too, since the showers in E are limited, and the C lounge tends to get rather full. Plus coming from Canada, you might fancy a late breakfast even around lunch time (supposing you're landing at 6.15am, followed by some more sleeping in the lounge)

So, assuming from your question (because the early morning flight to FLR wouldn't really let you much time for lounging/relaxing anyway): "Landing at 6.15am at E, departure with the lunch flight at 12.25 at A": I'd hit the SEN or Business lounge in E Gates till roughly 1 hour before departure. Then go over to A Gates by Heidi train. If you fancy, collect a food voucher from LX at the lounge building site for a rather mediocre snack and drink you can redeem in some of the eateries in A Gates.

*technically, D would also be open, but if you're going Non-Schengen again (and then Schengen again), I'd definitely go to E again, not D.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I think you're wrong to ask the Swiss Lurker those questions. You'd be better off asking them here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...-q-thread.html

And you should state a few more things. Your booked flights (Swiss flies 3x a day to FLR, are we - or the lurker for that matter - supposed to guess which flight you're on?), status if any, and possibly also important WHEN your flight is happening (ie, you might want to consider to hit Zurich downtown in early October on a sunday day on a 7hrs layover, but not so much in foggy, rainy late November.)

But to answer your questions very generically:

You'll probably arrive at E Gates (chance of D Gates), then (if Canada is considered clean) directly be in the Gate area. If not (or you're dumped into the dirty area by mistake) then a security check before reaching "clean" area.

If you're holding *G status, SEN lounge right there in E Gates is the best pick, if not, the C lounge still is reasonable (and has the same showers) in E Gates. Next to each other.

From E Gates you take a little train (called Heidi train) to A gates, where you'll be passing immigration. After that, you'll depart from A gates, which a chance of it being B gates. Doesn't really matter in terms of distance really.

If before 1pm, you could also use the Arrivals lounge which is landside, however I'd probably refrain from doing so since you'll have no lounge once back airside unless you treck all the way back to E* (A lounges currently are closed for refurbishment till next spring) - but if you want to go downtown for a few hours, the Arrival lounge is a good option too, since the showers in E are limited, and the C lounge tends to get rather full. Plus coming from Canada, you might fancy a late breakfast even around lunch time (supposing you're landing at 6.15am, followed by some more sleeping in the lounge)

So, assuming from your question (because the early morning flight to FLR wouldn't really let you much time for lounging/relaxing anyway): "Landing at 6.15am at E, departure with the lunch flight at 12.25 at A": I'd hit the SEN or Business lounge in E Gates till roughly 1 hour before departure. Then go over to A Gates by Heidi train. If you fancy, collect a food voucher from LX at the lounge building site for a rather mediocre snack and drink you can redeem in some of the eateries in A Gates.

*technically, D would also be open, but if you're going Non-Schengen again (and then Schengen again), I'd definitely go to E again, not D.
Thanks we arrive 615am and depart around 12:15pm and flying on an award business class tickets. this flight is next May so lots of time. Also we might go into the city depending on weather and flights delays.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Dear Swiss Lurker/@SwissInternationalAirlines;

I received two emails yesterday regarding a LHR-SIN round trip my husband and I are taking together in Feb/Mar 2018. This is the first time we have booked with Swiss.

One email told me of a schedule change for one of the flights (SIN-ZRH) and the other told me our seats had changed (as a result of the schedule change) and invited me to visit MMB to view/change the seat assignment. All fine.

However when I checked MMB I saw that the LHR-ZRH flight had also changed, arriving in Zurich after scheduled departure the ZRH-SIN flight. There was a message asking me to ring my travel agent. I rang reservations and got us put back onto the original LHR-ZRH flight, but the agent could not tell me when this particular schedule change had happened or explain why I had not been notified of the change by email. He did say that something might have happened with 'the system' as it wasn't the first such call he had received yesterday.

My concern is that if it hadn't been for the SIN-ZRH schedule change, we might not have been aware of the potential misconnection in Zurich on the outward journey until online check-in, by which time it might have been too late to fix it.

How can I be confident that Swiss will alert us of any further schedule changes? Do we need to be checking MMB regularly just in case?

Regards,
WickedStepMother
Dear WickedStepMother,

Please excuse our late response.

From the information given, it's difficult to say what happened regarding this schedule change and why you weren't notified. We'd like to make sure that we have all of your correct information in your booking. Since your booking was done by a travel agent, we don't know if your direct information is in it. Therefore, please send us you booking reference and contact details via private message. We'll make sure to update your information.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Leslie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.