Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Aeroplan/Star Alliance status didn't post on boarding pass-no Aeroplan mileage credi

Recently, my wife, my daughter, and I went to India on an AC ticket issued by my travel agent. We went on 2 LX flights - on LX 87 from YUL to ZRH and connected to LX 154 from ZRH to BOM the next day.

I got Aeroplan credit for all 2 flights; my wife got credit only for the ZRH-BOM flight, and my daughter only got credit for the YUL-ZRH flight.

Well, missing credit on flights is one of the things that is associated with flying. So why am I posting this message?

Well, here is the issue. When we checked in at the LH/LX desk at YUL; my wife's YUL-ZRH boarding pass and my daughter's ZRH-BOM boarding pass did not have the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status displayed on these 2 boarding passes. They did not receive credit on these flights. On the 2 flights I received credit, and the 1 flight each that my daughter and my wife received Aeroplan credit; the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status was displayed on those boarding passes. I have requested Aeroplan to obtain the missing mileage credit on the respective 2 flights for my wife and daughter.

I asked the check-in agent what was going on. She could not explain why the 2 boarding passes did not display the Aeroplan status; she told me that she was unable to re-print the boarding passes with the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status on them - but not to worry - the computer pnr on those 2 flights did display such status and she was sure they would be getting the Aeroplan credit when the time came. I told her I was not sure of her last statement. I was proven to be right.

I wonder if you can tell me what happened in terms of the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status not being displayed on the boarding pass. Would the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status have been displayed on the 2 flights on the pnr? Whether the answer is yes or no to the second question, why no Aeroplan mileage credit to these 2 flights, but full Aeroplan mileage credits to the remaining flights (2 for myself, and 1 each for my wife and my daughter) where the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status was displayed.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:56 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Aeroplan/Star Alliance status didn't post on boarding pass-no Aeroplan mileage credi

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I wonder if you can tell me what happened in terms of the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status not being displayed on the boarding pass. Would the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status have been displayed on the 2 flights on the pnr? Whether the answer is yes or no to the second question, why no Aeroplan mileage credit to these 2 flights, but full Aeroplan mileage credits to the remaining flights (2 for myself, and 1 each for my wife and my daughter) where the Aeroplan/Star Alliance status was displayed.
Dear FlyerGoldII

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is indeed very strange that the status was not displayed on all boarding passes.
Probably the Aeroplan/Star Alliance number was inserted in the booking, but not for all flights and not for all passengers.

Since you booked the flights through your travel agency, they might have inserted the card number using a different entry.
This is the only reason that comes into my mind at the moment.

I hope the miles will be credited soon.

Kind regards,
Chiara
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by HKG1111
Dear LX Lurkers,
Just at DXB and got rejected as HON at the DIH FC lounge which you advertise to be used in DXB. The lounge dragon told me that LX canceled the contract. Another enhancement I guess! I would appreciate you share this with others by updating your website.
Dear HKG1111,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have contacted the responsible department and we have been informed that there is indeed a mistake on our webpage.
In Dubai there is only the LH Senator Lounge in Terminal 1.

We are very sorry for this. Our colleagues have already been informed about the mistake and will update the website soon.

Kind regards,
Chiara
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear FlyerGoldII

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is indeed very strange that the status was not displayed on all boarding passes.
Probably the Aeroplan/Star Alliance number was inserted in the booking, but not for all flights and not for all passengers.

Since you booked the flights through your travel agency, they might have inserted the card number using a different entry.
This is the only reason that comes into my mind at the moment.

I hope the miles will be credited soon.

Kind regards,
Chiara
Thanks, for your response.

The travel agent did request Aeroplan mileage credit to be entered for all flights. The LX check-in agent confirmed that all flights did display the Aeroplan number. But those 2 flights which did not display the Aeroplan number (and the agent could not figure out a way to re-print the the boarding passes with the Aeroplan number displayed) did not result in the Aeroplan credit being received.

So why could not the agent print out the 2 boarding passes with the Aeroplan status being displayed, even though she could see the Aeroplan numbers on the files containing those 2 flights on the computer?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII

So why could not the agent print out the 2 boarding passes with the Aeroplan status being displayed, even though she could see the Aeroplan numbers on the files containing those 2 flights on the computer?
Hi FlyerGoldII,

In this case it might have been a technical problem. I don't see any other reason why it shouldn't have worked.
I am very sorry that you had to request a retro credit of the missing miles.
Hopefully, you will not have such problems with your future flights.

Kind regards,
Chiara
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:23 am

Hi FlyerGoldII,

In this case it might have been a technical problem. I don't see any other reason why it shouldn't have worked.
I am very sorry that you had to request a retro credit of the missing miles.
Hopefully, you will not have such problems with your future flights.

Kind regards,
Chiara
I requested the Aeroplan credit for the missing miles on Sunday, and the credit was received yesterday, or 48 hours after the request was made.

At least the communication between LX and AC/Aeroplan on this request was quite efficient; the Aeroplan acknowledgement message of my request for the missing miles stated that it might take 2-3 weeks for the missing miles to post.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Dear SwissLurker,

I've read that United Airlines Business arrivals into Zurich have access to the Swiss Arrivals lounge.

Is this access still available? If yes: does this apply only to United flights arriving directly into Zurich (i.e. EWR-ZRH and IAD-ZRH), or does it also apply when the United Business segment arrives elsewhere, with Zurich being the final destination (e.g. IAH-LHR in United Business, LHR-ZRH on Swiss)?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:36 pm

Dear Televisor,

SWISS has a bilateral agreement with United, therefore if you are arriving on a UA flight in Business or first Class, you have access to the arrival lounge. Otherwise you have to hold a "Gold" status card.

In your example, if you arrive in London with UA and connect on a SWISS flight to Zurich, you will have access if you are holding a SWISS Business Class ticket, or if you have a UA Gold, or Miles & More FTL, SEN, or HON status.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Gwenn
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Thank you very much, this is very useful to know!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Dear f4freeJunior,

I am still trying to get a consolidated overview on limo services. Please bear with me a little longer - I will get back to you as soon as I have a proper overview. What I can say already - as you pointed out correctly, it is dependent on the local markets and is thus a service that is not widely offered. But due to various absences and shifts of responsibilities, it has not been possible to get a consolidated list yet. For now, I would recommend contacting your local sales offices or service centers.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Good AM

4 months later... Would you be able to provide a consolidated list now?
Thank you .
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:16 am
Suspended

Lost seat and no requested meals

Dear Swiss Lurker

I was on a flight on 01/30/17 from ZRH to HAM.
As boarding started I got a beep, like many others, and was reseated from 12F (purchased) to 17F. Gate agent stated "equipment change".
On bleary it was the same plane (curtain moved to row 15). Asking, why my seat was now in the business class section, I was told it was due to weight balance. Why did the gate agent feel the need to lie?

Also, on the way out in business as well as back in economy my meal request (kosher) were not catered.
Is SWISS going a bit downhill lately?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:05 pm

Hi SwissCircle,

Sorry if this misunderstanding created any inconvenience. I looked at the flight and we indeed had to balance the weight a little bit.

About the meal: Usually, this should not happen. Is there a way you could send us your booking details (e.g. booking reference or ticket number) to [email protected]? Let's investigate on this!

All the good things,
Franziska
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Good AM

4 months later... Would you be able to provide a consolidated list now?
Thank you .
Hi f4freeJunior,

Let me check with Nick. I am sure he has already prepared something for you.

Best,
Franziska
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:55 am
Suspended

Hi SwissCircle,

Sorry if this misunderstanding created any inconvenience. I looked at the flight and we indeed had to balance the weight a little bit.

About the meal: Usually, this should not happen. Is there a way you could send us your booking details (e.g. booking reference or ticket number) to [email protected]? Let's investigate on this!

All the good things,
Franziska
Hi Franziska
Thanks for your reply.
you have mail...
Cheers

Last edited by SwissCircle; Feb 6, 2017 at 12:44 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:45 pm
Suspended

All good here, got an Email today from Customer service- case closed ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.