Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate Office....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air Chairman's Preffered/Hertz President's Circle
Corporate Office....

I have had many troubles with the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach. They are refusing to credit a charge they have made to my credit card in error. I have contacted the corporate office via e-mail and phone, many times, and all they tell me is that they will contact the hotel as they are only a liaison between the hotel and I. The keep closing the so called file because the hotel is telling them that the credits have been applied, but that is incorrect. I have the credit card bill in front of me. It has been over TWO WEEKS now.

The hotel manager is a complete prick. I was wondering if anyone knew how I would contact the office of Frits van Paasschen?

Any help will be greatly appreciated it. Thank you.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by vmrfsps
I have had many troubles with the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach. They are refusing to credit a charge they have made to my credit card in error. I have contacted the corporate office via e-mail and phone, many times, and all they tell me is that they will contact the hotel as they are only a liaison between the hotel and I. The keep closing the so called file because the hotel is telling them that the credits have been applied, but that is incorrect. I have the credit card bill in front of me. It has been over TWO WEEKS now.

The hotel manager is a complete prick. I was wondering if anyone knew how I would contact the office of Frits van Paasschen?

I just called Frits. He will call you within the hour. He put it on the top of his priority list.

Also, sometimes it takes up to a week for the credit to actually show up on your online bill. Be patient. If they said they did it, wait and see if it is applied.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
If you really want to call the CEO, google the number for HQ and ask to be connected to his office.

You have my pity on your stay. There are a number of threads on this property and they aren't pretty.

Mike
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by vmrfsps

Mistake Numero Uno - booking a stay at the Four Points Miami Beach.

How many times do I have to say AVOID this property at all cost. Hindsight is 20/20 and the damage has been done!

I'm all about being proactive and handling issues as they arise. If Customer Service says it's been done, why not wait until your next billing cycle to confirm?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:17 am

Even before mistake numero uno was the mistake not to SEARCH (as one wise FTer always recommends to do!) and find out about the property.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
Even before mistake numero uno was the mistake not to SEARCH (as one wise FTer always recommends to do!) and find out about the property.

I didn't want to say that. vmrfsps, been here for a while, I would think he/she did research before booking.

Poor thing....I bet he/she has learned a lesson. When the overwhelming majority of people here on FT say "stay way from X property", you should!

So I'll say it again. AVOID THE FOUR POINTS MIAMI BEACH! UNDERSTOOD??
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:38 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Simpler Solution?

This is pretty rare IMO as most Starwood Hotels Worldwide are typically excellent to do business with. There are those rare days when a bump in the road rears its ugly head.
My suggestion in a situation like this is to dispute the amount with the credit card company within the first 60 days with the amount that is question. The hotel will be forced to open up dialogue and explain its position and you get the right to air your side
If the hotel can not justify its position you will be credited back permanently to your card the full amount of the disputed amount.

Unfortunately and I have said this for years Starwoods Hotel Customer Service (formerly Corporate Services) can leave much to be desired. It has been extremely inconsistent in the past half decade even when contacting the most senior responsible parties. Then there is the more common experience of routine agents opening and closing files robotically without verified closure on issues.

I would leave Hotel Customer Service out of this
Otherwise this may make you like Starwood a lot less and it’s a shame to sour your relationship in a great program with excellent hotel opportunities on what I see as a more isolated incident with an apparently very disappointing individual property.
My two cents.Good luck in resloving your issue
Cheers
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air Chairman's Preffered/Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I just called Frits. He will call you within the hour. He put it on the top of his priority list.

Also, sometimes it takes up to a week for the credit to actually show up on your online bill. Be patient. If they said they did it, wait and see if it is applied.
I'm extremely glad you were put on his priority list.

Had it been a week I would have completely understood, it has been three weeks.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Every public corporation in the US is required to publicly list it's board of directors and it's senior executives. It's really not too hard to find.

However, I would STRONGLY suggest using that information sparingly. Personally, I don't think this is one of those times.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, DL Plat
Is there a plant in the lobby that yells "Feed me, Seymour!"? Many a story from this place seems to end up here.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 5:47 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by rogerck
Is there a plant in the lobby that yells "Feed me, Seymour!"?...
Not that I've noticed.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Not that I've noticed.
LOL -- so you've been there, William? I driven past this place several times, but never been any closer to it! After all the wild tales of woe, it's got me so curious, I'm not sure I can go to MIA again without making a special trip to this property to see things for myself!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbtinme
LOL -- so you've been there, William? I driven past this place several times, but never been any closer to it! After all the wild tales of woe, it's got me so curious, I'm not sure I can go to MIA again without making a special trip to this property to see things for myself!
Curiosity killed the cat. Read and then re-read post no. 4.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Curiosity killed the cat. Read and then re-read post no. 4.
I thought I might be hearing from you on that comment!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
It's settled. I'm arranging a Do there.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.