FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Corporate Office....
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:38 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Simpler Solution?

This is pretty rare IMO as most Starwood Hotels Worldwide are typically excellent to do business with. There are those rare days when a bump in the road rears its ugly head.
My suggestion in a situation like this is to dispute the amount with the credit card company within the first 60 days with the amount that is question. The hotel will be forced to open up dialogue and explain its position and you get the right to air your side
If the hotel can not justify its position you will be credited back permanently to your card the full amount of the disputed amount.

Unfortunately and I have said this for years Starwoods Hotel Customer Service (formerly Corporate Services) can leave much to be desired. It has been extremely inconsistent in the past half decade even when contacting the most senior responsible parties. Then there is the more common experience of routine agents opening and closing files robotically without verified closure on issues.

I would leave Hotel Customer Service out of this
Otherwise this may make you like Starwood a lot less and it’s a shame to sour your relationship in a great program with excellent hotel opportunities on what I see as a more isolated incident with an apparently very disappointing individual property.
My two cents.Good luck in resloving your issue
Cheers