PROMOS: Maximizing SPG Points and Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 6:35 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Superdawg rocks. ^ ^
Old Apr 16, 2007, 2:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum
Thanks!

Great job Super Dawg! Thanks to you, I will be earning many more Starwood points.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
A new tool for spotting SPG promotions

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683520

Last edited by boazs; Apr 17, 2007 at 4:38 pm
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:26 am

Tools for Maximizing SPG Points and Promotions

A while ago, some folks expressed an interest in a MileMaven-like tool for Hotels.

PointMaven - an new online tool to maximize the number of hotel points - now fully supports SPG. There are currently 284 individual SPG promotions in the PointMaven database. The database is updated multiple times a day.

Enter the destination and you'll be presented with a clickable "PointMap" - a neat graphic display that gives an overview of all properties in your location - arranged by brand and loyalty program. The deeper the color of each property - the more promotions.

If you're just interested in SPG, click on the "Starwood Preferred Guest" caption in the table (or use the drop down menu at the top of the PointMap to select "Starwood Preferred Guest"). You will then be presented with a Google map showing SPG properties. Click on a property to see the promotions.

For example, if you're traveling to LA, you'll get the following map:

http://www.pointmaven.com/offers/hot...d8dbe60ec0a204

Also, within each Google Map there's a small embedded clickable PointMap, arranged by brand. Click on any rectangle to quickly view the property on the geographical map.

I hope you'll like it!
This is a tool created for FTers by an FTer. Your comments/questions/feedback are most welcome!
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Nice tool and thanks for the heads up.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Starwood-Platinum, Avis
Thanks...

Originally Posted by superdawg
I try to put pretty much all of the non-targetted promos on my website which is a round up of bonus mile/point offers.

www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/starwood.html

S'Dawg
I put in the promo for SoCal Westin stays and it retroactively applied it to previous stays, so I've received a bonus of around 10k points. Thanks for the contribution. You deserve a gold star for this!
Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
pointmaven.com

Very cool! Thank you.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Thx for the link!
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by workandski
Very cool! Thank you.
Welcome! There are now more than 300 promotions for SPG properties in the PointMaven database, including this recent one, which requires registration: 1000 Bonus Points in the Southeast
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat , AAdvantage Plat
Thanks !! Very helpful.

Carlos.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:47 pm

Updated again at www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/starwood.html

Here are some highlights of the new stuff

1,000 Bonus Starpoints on a minimum 3 nights stay at the Sheraton Barra Hotel & Suites Rio Until 05.31.07

Double Starpoints for stays at the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort From Jul 1 - Sep 30,07

Double Starpoints and daily buffet breakfast for stays of 3 nights or more at the Westin Dragonara Resort Malta From May 1 - May 19

Double Starpoints for stays of 2 nights or longer at over 25 locations in Portugal and Spain From Jun 1 - Sep 30,07

Double Starpoints when you book the America's Cup Special Package at the Westin Valencia Until Jul 4,07

Double Starpoints for stays of 4 nights or more at the Le Méridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort or the Le Royal Méridien Phuket Yacht Club Until Oct 31,07

Double Starpoints for stays at The Westin Minneapolis Until Jul 31,07

Triple Starpoints for Sunday thru Thursday stays at the Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center
Until May 31,07

Enjoy!
Superdawg
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:43 pm

PointMaven now includes the Hotel Reward category! Just click on the hotel marker in the Google Map, and following the list of offers, the hotel reward category will be listed. Enjoy!
Old May 1, 2007, 3:44 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by boazs
PointMaven now includes the Hotel Reward category! Just click on the hotel marker in the Google Map, and following the list of offers, the hotel reward category will be listed. Enjoy!
Thanks If I could ask one thing, it would be nice to have the hotel chain selection as check-boxes rather than radio buttons. For example, that way I can choose just the programs I'm interested in (e.g. Hilton + SPG) and not see anything else. The "All Programs" option is great, but it can return lots of (to me) useless information about chains I won't be staying at.
Old May 2, 2007, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by SLF
Thanks If I could ask one thing, it would be nice to have the hotel chain selection as check-boxes rather than radio buttons. For example, that way I can choose just the programs I'm interested in (e.g. Hilton + SPG) and not see anything else. The "All Programs" option is great, but it can return lots of (to me) useless information about chains I won't be staying at.
SLF - If you select "All Programs", you get an overview ("PointMap") of all programs/hotels, and then you can drill down to a specific program or hotel chain and see it on a Google Map.

When you pre-select a specific program, the search will bring you directly to the screen with the Google Map.

Note that you can also use the drop-down menus (just above the map) to change to a different program.
Old May 3, 2007, 6:13 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by boazs
A while ago, some folks expressed an interest in a MileMaven-like tool for Hotels.

PointMaven - an new online tool to maximize the number of hotel points - now fully supports SPG. There are currently 284 individual SPG promotions in the PointMaven database. The database is updated multiple times a day.

Enter the destination and you'll be presented with a clickable "PointMap" - a neat graphic display that gives an overview of all properties in your location - arranged by brand and loyalty program. The deeper the color of each property - the more promotions.

If you're just interested in SPG, click on the "Starwood Preferred Guest" caption in the table (or use the drop down menu at the top of the PointMap to select "Starwood Preferred Guest"). You will then be presented with a Google map showing SPG properties. Click on a property to see the promotions.

For example, if you're traveling to LA, you'll get the following map:

http://www.pointmaven.com/offers/hot...d8dbe60ec0a204

Also, within each Google Map there's a small embedded clickable PointMap, arranged by brand. Click on any rectangle to quickly view the property on the geographical map.

I hope you'll like it!
This is a tool created for FTers by an FTer. Your comments/questions/feedback are most welcome!

I love the website! One suggestion--- an easier way to click back to the begining after you start a search (either a link or a "back" etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.