Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
My detailed review with pics of W Lakeshore Marvelous Suite can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=70

and W City Center Fantastic Suite can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=38
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Meeting space?

I'm looking at using one of these properties for a meeting in mid May. Can anyone comment on the meeting space, or meeting planner service at either of the W's in Chicago? It will be ~70 people, mostly doctors. My other option is the Westing Buckhead near Atlanta, but I'm leaning towards Chicago.

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by shell nyc
I'm looking at using one of these properties for a meeting in mid May. Can anyone comment on the meeting space, or meeting planner service at either of the W's in Chicago? It will be ~70 people, mostly doctors. My other option is the Westing Buckhead near Atlanta, but I'm leaning towards Chicago.

Thanks!
Although I know you are looking for meeting space reviews from us on the properties mentioned above, You probably want to call sales and marketing at any properties suggested for information as well.

This site from the FAQ thread might also be helpful
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/meetings/index.html
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by shell nyc

Thanks!
At W Lakeshore, there were some small meeting rooms I noticed on the spa/business center floor (4?). I don't know what other facility they might have. You might have better luck at one of the several Westin properties in Chicago or the Sheraton. Those properties are more geared to meeting facilities than the Ws are.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Don't forget, W Lakeshore has a huge (revolving?) bar/lounge on the top floor with amazing view.

With an event that includes 70 people ($$$$$$) I am sure W Lakeshore can arrange something special for you. Call them, and ask them what they can do for you. I don't know if asking FTers when hosting such a large event is better than contacting the hotels directly and look at their past events
Old Mar 3, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Don't forget, W Lakeshore has a huge (revolving?) bar/lounge on the top floor with amazing view.
Ah, looks like a great place for our dinner, thanks!

With an event that includes 70 people ($$$$$$) I am sure W Lakeshore can arrange something special for you. Call them, and ask them what they can do for you. I don't know if asking FTers when hosting such a large event is better than contacting the hotels directly and look at their past events
Thanks guys...I have corporate meeting planners who are handling all of the details, and have given me a list of hotels to choose from which includes these two properties. Just thought it wouldn't hurt to get a FTer view too!

Even though I'm a Hilton girl, I usually choose Westins for these types of meetings. Unfortunately, the Chicago Westins weren't on the available list and my dates aren't flexible. So, it's either one of the W's or another city.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;

If it's revolving I must have been way over-served or distracted by the clientèle to notice!
Old Mar 6, 2009, 1:30 am

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Any recent stays in a Wow suite at Lakeshore?

I'm looking forward to a stay in a Wow Suite at the W Lakeshore this spring. A search produced only one mention of a somewhat recent stay in this suite at the property. Would anyone care to share any recent experiences with this suite?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
W Chicago - City Center

W Chicago - City Center is your choice in Chicago.

Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Stayed at the W City Center for two nights last week for business. Blah. I was unimpressed. I thought they were trying to be too "hip" for their own good. Finding the check-in "stand" (not desk) was a pain as there was no signage or direction from the doorman. The elevators have a weird nightclub feel to them with the purple neon and 3D wallpaper. Not so bad at night, but not what I'm looking for to start my workday. The whole lobby area seemed like one big congested bar which made getting myself and my luggage to check-in a challenge. The rooms are all stark white and full of weird modern furniture with no place to put one's clothes (no dresser, just a closet). The bathroom was unimpressive.

I guess I'm a Westin guy, not a W guy.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Stayed at the W City Center for two nights last week for business. Blah. I was unimpressed. I thought they were trying to be too "hip" for their own good. Finding the check-in "stand" (not desk) was a pain as there was no signage or direction from the doorman. The elevators have a weird nightclub feel to them with the purple neon and 3D wallpaper. Not so bad at night, but not what I'm looking for to start my workday. The whole lobby area seemed like one big congested bar which made getting myself and my luggage to check-in a challenge. The rooms are all stark white and full of weird modern furniture with no place to put one's clothes (no dresser, just a closet). The bathroom was unimpressive.
Welcome to the world of W!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Welcome to the world of W!
Good to know that my experience wasn't unusual for a W!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Which Chicago W Hotel

Hi everyone!

I will traveling to Chicago near the end of July for one Friday night. I'm planning on staying at one of the two W hotels in downtown Chicago (Lakeshore or City Center).

Anyone have any advise on which W is the better one to stay at?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:16 am

See previous discussion for more, albeit dated...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...lakeshore.html
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
That's perfect! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.