Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Hotel Eden - Rome, Italy [Master Thread] (Left Starwood Sep. 18, 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Hotel Eden - Rome, Italy [Master Thread] (Left Starwood Sep. 18, 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC 50k, Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Will be staying 3 nights at the Eden in early October with my wife. Will be our first time at this hotel (and first time in Rome), wondering if anyone had advice re the following:

-is there a gym in the hotel?
-proximity/taxi fare to train station?
-how many floors does the hotel have? also, do all the rooms have balconies, or only some?
-any restaurant recommendations, especially for more reasonably priced/less touristy type of places...
-walking tours of the sights

Cheers!
Matt
Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:57 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Better superior rooms ?

We will be staying at the Eden on an award next week (booked as a Superior) but reading some of the horror stories here, we would like to ensure that we do not get one of the worst rooms of the house, especially as lowly Preferred Plus members.

I'm guessing that high floor / quiet rooms are better, but am wondering if even those would be available to us.

What can/should we ask for considering our situation ?

Thanks,
Yann
Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:01 pm

A guardian angel at hotel Eden ?

Shorlty after posting here, I received an e-mail update for my booking which now refers to a Deluxe room.

Thanks to whomever made that happen, our chances for a better room have increased significantly...
Old Nov 16, 2008, 1:40 am

We have just returned from our stay at Hotel Eden last week and have mostly good things to say about it.

As Preferred plus members on a award, we were quite happy with our upgrade from a Superior to a Deluxe room on the 2nd floor, which was big enough for our needs and actually felt quite homey. We also received a complimentary bottle of red wine.

Our only gripe would be that the room was indeed quite noisy (at all times) when we opened the windows, and AC didn't work properly, which made it a choice of between the lesser of the two evils.

The hotel is in a good location for touristy stuff (within walking distance of many sights : Villa Borghese, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain...), but maybe not as much for authentic cuisine (we couldn't find a non-touristy place anywhere near). Since this was our first visit in Rome, I guess that this was the price to pay anyway.

Staff at the hotel was nice and not too snobbish for our tastes.

All in all, a very nice hotel as long as you get a good-enough (Deluxe+) room.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
We spent a weekend there on the LM free night promotion and were really amazed. We got upgraded to the Villa Medici Suite with fantatic views (even if the suite was a big to large) and three balconies. We had dinner a the roof top restaurant which was not actually cheap (400 for two) but absolutely worth the money.

We avoided the buffed breakfast but bought some cheese and salami in a near by supermarket and enjoyed our suite for breakfast.

Service was absolutely spotless, plenty (hundreds) of (touristy and non-touristy) restaurants in 10 minutes walking distance. The Metro is just up the road and if you wanted to take train and metro to/from the airport, no problem. We avoided this and took a limo service for 35 Euro which did pricewise not make a big difference for the two of us.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:12 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum Pref, US Airways Gold Pref, Northwest Silver WorldPerks
Wife and I will be in Rome in October and we are planning on taking the Train (Leonardo Express) from Fiumicino (FCO) Airport to Roma Termini. First is this correct to get to the Hotel Eden? Second how far is the Roma Termini from Hotel Eden? Is it walking distance with luggage? TIA
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
No, it is definitely not within walking distance. You will need a taxi from the train station to the Eden. Or better yet a taxi directly from the airport.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by wripro
No, it is definitely not within walking distance. You will need a taxi from the train station to the Eden. Or better yet a taxi directly from the airport.
Agreed. Personally, I opt for the train after a few trips sitting for over an hour in dead stop traffic.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum Pref, US Airways Gold Pref, Northwest Silver WorldPerks
Anyone know approx cost in euro from the train station to the Hotel Eden? Weighing options whether to take the train (euro 11 x 2) and cab to the Hotel or to just bite the bullet and pay the 35-40 euro from the airport...may end up paying 5-10 euro more with no hassel?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: Starwood
I was just at Hotel Eden a few weekd ago and had a great experience there. Beautiful hotel in a great location.

I would recommend taking a shuttle or taxi directly from the airport to the hotel, expecially if this is your first time in Rome. I went to the taxi stand at FCO and they wanted 65 Euro. From reading these posts I expected to pay from 40 to 45 Euro. I was approached by a private taxi driver and he charged me 45 Euro for a shared shuttle with one other stop. By the time you pay for 2 train tickets and then a cab from the station I don't think is is that much less than the direct taxi anyway.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
Private Car

PITflyer2 I was in Rome in January and took a private car service that I have taken twice before. I think it was 40 or 45 euro and they were waiting right out side customs when I arrived. PM me if you want the details.

Originally Posted by PITflyer2
Wife and I will be in Rome in October and we are planning on taking the Train (Leonardo Express) from Fiumicino (FCO) Airport to Roma Termini. First is this correct to get to the Hotel Eden? Second how far is the Roma Termini from Hotel Eden? Is it walking distance with luggage? TIA
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Taxi to and from the airport to the city center is supposed to be a flat rate of 40 euro plus whatever surcharges are applicable (after 10pm, bags, etc.) I believe. There should be signs in every taxi that state that. If they pretend not to know about that start to write down their information (taxi number, etc.) and they start to remember sometimes.

The Hotel Eden is right near the Spagna subway stop, which is 3 away from Termini, so that's another option. Probably not a great one if you have bags with you as escalators aren't everywhere in the Rome subway system.

A taxi from Termini to Hotel Eden shouldn't run more than 10-12 Euro, including the 2 euro surcharge for getting a taxi at the Termini station, but not including the 1 euro per bag surcharge. The Leonardo is 11 euro per person (I think... I didn't actually take it when I was in Rome a couple weeks ago) so it would probably be almost as cheap to take a taxi that goes directly to your hotel as it would be to take the Leonardo and another taxi, plus you wouldn't have to wait for the Leonardo and would go straight to your hotel...
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by treznor
so it would probably be almost as cheap to take a taxi that goes directly to your hotel as it would be to take the Leonardo and another taxi, plus you wouldn't have to wait for the Leonardo and would go straight to your hotel...
The hassel of the train & cab to hotel would be great experience to learn my ways around, but after a long flight.....thinking that a taxi or private car would be the easiest route, even if it is about 5-10 euro more. Thanks to all who reponded!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, AA Gold
Be sure to check out the breakfast buffet at the Eden. One of the best I've ever had.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nycguy
Be sure to check out the breakfast buffet at the Eden. One of the best I've ever had.
And one of the most expensive breakfasts you can get. We got our breakfast from a small grocer's shop and had wonderful breakfasts on one of the three balconies we had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.