Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Hotel Eden - Rome, Italy [Master Thread] (Left Starwood Sep. 18, 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Hotel Eden - Rome, Italy [Master Thread] (Left Starwood Sep. 18, 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Priority, Southwest A-list Preferred/Companion, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by saranyc
Just got a brg approved for hotel eden this may for Eur168 (vs 340 on SPG. Com). Any reason not to stay here? I'm an SPG gold, any chance of an upgrade? Basic room is really small.
Where did you see 168 rate? Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:22 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Kayak, the rate was a little higher, got the 164 after the 10pct brg discount.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by saranyc
Just got a brg approved for hotel eden this may for Eur168 (vs 340 on SPG. Com). Any reason not to stay here? I'm an SPG gold, any chance of an upgrade? Basic room is really small.
that's an amazing rate for this property....go for it....
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
that's an amazing rate for this property....go for it....
There are some very good deals in Rome at the moment- an excellent time to book really.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: hh Diamond,Marriott plat, ihg spire
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Just scored C+P at the Eden. Any ideas on how generous the property is with Plat upgrades on a C+P?
Does anyone know what the Platinum breakfast benefit is at this hotel?

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by asian_journeyman
Does anyone know what the Platinum breakfast benefit is at this hotel?

Thanks
Fantastic breakfast on the top floor restaurant (La Terrazza) ... a great way to start your day with one of the best views in Rome. Love this hotel, and the breakfast each day was a big part of the reason, as well as grabbing a drink in the evening; priced to pay for the view, but well worth it.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:51 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Hotel Eden Rome review

I have two rooms booked at the Hotel Eden in Rome arriving August 13. I booked a few nights with Starpoints and then the other nights will be cash. I am Gold SPG. I read a few negative posts on this forum about Hotel Eden, but nothing current. Can anyone give me a current review of this property? And as a gold status SPG, will I receive an upgrade?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by pmclean
I have two rooms booked at the Hotel Eden in Rome arriving August 13. I booked a few nights with Starpoints and then the other nights will be cash. I am Gold SPG. I read a few negative posts on this forum about Hotel Eden, but nothing current. Can anyone give me a current review of this property? And as a gold status SPG, will I receive an upgrade?
We (SPG Gold) did not receive room upgrade for our stay last month. We booked superior room and were assigned superior Queen room. The room was small but sufficient for us & bathroom was quite nice. They did grand our slight earlier check-in request (we checked in about 12:30pm). If you are paying for the room, you may have better chance?

Overall, the location was great. If you want a quick breakfast in morning, you can go to the illy coffee shop on Via Francesco Crispi (you turn right when exit hotel and cross the street and turn left onto Francesco Crispi). Their coffee/pastry prices are reasonable and also offer full breakfast. After that, you can walk to Spanish steps from there in few mins. Also, if you are staying in this hotel on Sun, the "hop on hop off" bus (some of them) has a stop right in front of the hotel (nice!!) but not on other days.

We also dined at Il Giardino dell'Eden and the meal was great (expensive too)!! We also see Westin on our way to Barberini metro station. I think they are comparable (location-wise).

cheers & enjoy,
Helen
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton Inner Circle, Hertz PC
Smoking Room?

I just booked a 3 night award stay in October and applied suite night awards. When I received my confirmation, I noticed that it said I was reserved for a smoking room. Does anyone have experience staying in the smoking rooms or know about availability of non-smoking rooms? I am a bit sensitive to smoke and I am not too keen on staying in a room that is overly smokey.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

This hotel has been purchased by the Dorchester Collection (Sultan of Brunei).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...otel-eden.html
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Question

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This hotel has been purchased by the Dorchester Collection (Sultan of Brunei).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...otel-eden.html
Is it going to leave starwood soon?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Who knows but I thought in the same way... I remember when the Principe di Savoia was a starwood...
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:31 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Who knows but I thought in the same way... I remember when the Principe di Savoia was a starwood...
and the Principe di Savoia was purchased by Dorchester Collection too!!!

i wish them to remain with starwood.

but that's maybe impossible.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Leaves Starwood on September 18. Copy of the email that SPG has been emailing to award holders here.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
Hotel Eden

Too bad - i stayed there last year and it's a great property in a superb location in Rome. Luckily there is a Westin not far from that location for those wishing to redeem and/or earn starwood points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.