Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: A few
I did a run a few months back and from recollection it took a day, maybe two
Old Jun 20, 2010, 6:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Another data point:

Took advantage of 35% AA bonus from hotel to AA conversions. Did 5 60K SPG to AA transfers every night this week (Monday to Friday). AA posted them on Sunday morning.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Originally Posted by seawolf
Another data point:

Took advantage of 35% AA bonus from hotel to AA conversions. Did 5 60K SPG to AA transfers every night this week (Monday to Friday). AA posted them on Sunday morning.
I also took advantage of this promotion. I did 4 60k SPG to AA transfers. My transfers from M, T, and W all hit Sunday morning. My 4th transfer was on Saturday and it did not post, so it appears at least in my case that the cutoff for them to post on Sunday is Friday.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:04 am
Community Director Emerita

My transfer early this week posted this morning (Sunday) as well.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: AA 11MM/EXP/Aairpass, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by OkieFlyer
I also took advantage of this promotion. I did 4 60k SPG to AA transfers. My transfers from M, T, and W all hit Sunday morning. My 4th transfer was on Saturday and it did not post, so it appears at least in my case that the cutoff for them to post on Sunday is Friday.
You are correct. I've done transfers every day, starting with Monday. The first five (M,T,W,TH, F transfers) posted very early Sunday. The last two have not.

The 35% AA bonus also posted with the transfer, so no waiting for that to show up. I'm now a 6MM!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by horseguy
You are correct. I've done transfers every day, starting with Monday. The first five (M,T,W,TH, F transfers) posted very early Sunday. The last two have not.

The 35% AA bonus also posted with the transfer, so no waiting for that to show up. I'm now a 6MM!
Is there a reason it is better to split up your transfers on different days rather than doing this all at one time?

Ok - I see there is effectively a 60k limit per 24 hours for the 5k per 20k transfer bonus - is this why you had to split your transfers?

Last edited by GrizShel; Jun 21, 2010 at 3:10 pm Reason: update
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Is there a reason it is better to split up your transfers on different days rather than doing this all at one time?

Ok - I see there is effectively a 60k limit per 24 hours for the 5k per 20k transfer bonus - is this why you had to split your transfers?
From what I gather, there is a daily SPG transfer limit of 79,999. If you go over 60k, the last chunk will only have 19,999 points, leaving you 1 short of the 20k->25k bonus.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by japperific
From what I gather, there is a daily SPG transfer limit of 79,999. If you go over 60k, the last chunk will only have 19,999 points, leaving you 1 short of the 20k->25k bonus.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
That's my understanding anyway.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:45 pm

How Long For SPG---->AA Transfer To Post To Aadvanage?

I made a transfer this Monday and was a bit horrified to see that they note it could take up to two weeks. Horrified, 'cause I'd been planning to use the miles to get above the amount I need for a reward trip this weekend. AA.com is sufficiently user friendly that they let you hold a trip even when you don't have enough miles to book (for one day only), and I've rolled that over the past three days -- but is there a reasonable hope the miles, which definitely were debited from SPG Monday, will hit Aadvantage by tomorrow? Or does up to two weeks mean two weeks?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I transferred 40k points from SPG to AA on 6/14, and the transaction date on my AA statement (both the 50k + 35% bonus) was 6/15, but I didn't check my account regularly, so it may have "posted" (where I could see it), on a different day.

There is a lot of discussion on this in the AA forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...transfers.html
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:59 am

Is it still taking up to two weeks?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gq_dq
Is it still taking up to two weeks?
Recently transferred 20K SPG points to AA, and the miles appeared in my AAdvantage account after exactly one week (I checked daily). YMMV.

If you need the miles to book a flight, I would allot 1-2 weeks for the points transfer prior to making the award reservation.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:18 pm

SPG Points to AAdvantage

Got it, thanks!

Last edited by breef; Nov 10, 2010 at 3:59 pm
Old Nov 10, 2010, 3:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...=long+transfer
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, SK Diamond, Finnair Gold, BA Silver
Is it possible to transfer from my SPG account to someone else's AA account? I seem to recall there's no option to put in a different account name but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.