Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 6:38 pm

The exclusive benefit is the ability to chose to eat breakfast at the exclusive lagoon restaurant. The sentence does not say the breakfast is free.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
The sentence says that the breakfast buffet, though, and not just the choice is an exclusive benefit of the villa. If the buffet is a benefit of the villa then it is free.

The hotel may charge for it, but that is not consistent with the language on their website.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:39 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
SPG Platinum members get free buffet Breakfast at the main restaurant as well as a card entitling to one free drink at the bar.

We stayed in room 002 (Deluxe Beach Villa), and as a villa guest was invited to eat at the Restaurant mentioned above in addition to the buffet.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
mr kk and i spent 10 days here several years ago on that $50 deal and will spend another 10 in april (yosithezet, we'll miss you by a week or so).

we did a paid upgrade after a few days to an oceanfront villa, which we greatly enjoyed, (i swear the first room we were in, on the ground floor, was haunted...this was just a year after the tsunami and the room just felt awful, even mr kk agreed, and lights kept going on in the middle of the night, very weird, but i digress) and i look forward to seeing what we'll get now with platinum status. met the lovely estnet who had a platinum suite upgrade, it was very nice, although we preferred the (kitchen-less) villa...and since the stay was so cheap, it was well worth paying for.

we didn't have or need a car for that first stay, and likely won't this time either. took a bus to town one or two days, walked outside the resort to the great local place just across the street for a few meals, used the internet cafe a short walk towards town from the resort and generally relaxed and had a fabulous time. very much looking forward to doing it again.

agree with colin that the food at the resort--other than the breakfast buffet which we loved, sneeze guard or not--left more than a little to be desired. we didn't think the thai food was any good, either...but just across the street, that dive was wonderful! a few tables and motorbike repair, all in one convenient location, and they'd actually make the food as spicy as you wanted!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hi all, does anyone happen to have the email address of the General Manager of the property? Thanks very much, eb31.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:22 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by eb31
Hi all, does anyone happen to have the email address of the General Manager of the property? Thanks very much, eb31.
Assuming an Asst GM will do, I've PMed you details.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Perfect, thanks very much. Regards, eb31.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Just for your entertainment: If you order a German Hefeweizen beer (Paulaner), please note that they only had one proper Hefeweizen glass at the entire hotel last time I was there.

... after ordering one of those beers I took it back to my room, where I left the glass for housekeeping to take it back to base. Next evening they were out of glasses and the barman said: "We only have one of these and it has gone missing..."
Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
obviously noone really knows about the villas and free breakfast for non-elite tier member ...

anyway ... I booked "my" oceanfront villa today while the helpdesk page was up, so I will tell you in may if we got breakfast for free or not ...
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by olisch
obviously noone really knows about the villas and free breakfast for non-elite tier member ...

anyway ... I booked "my" oceanfront villa today while the helpdesk page was up, so I will tell you in may if we got breakfast for free or not ...
No. I do know. I was there in late 2008. I stayed in the 2 bedroom oceanfront villa for a crazy cheap price of around $350/night Z6R. The rate does not include any free breakfast. The rate does include the right to eat brekkie at the lagoon restaurant and pay $25/person. Only villa guest can eat at the lagoon restaurant. The loss of a free buffet brekkie is of no consequence because the in-room brekkie alacarte is dirt cheap. Shesh.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
And I was not disagreeing with Colin on current practice. My villa rate incliuded breakfast. I was saying that their advertising does say breakfast included, whether they include it or not.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Colin
The loss of a free buffet brekkie is of no consequence because the in-room brekkie alacarte is dirt cheap. Shesh.
I don't know your definition of cheap.. but in-room breakfast is around $20 per person - i.e. English Breakfast 750 THB or approximately $20 USD.

I agree with everyone else, the Breakfast is great, but the rest of the food on offer not so good.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ACfly
I don't know your definition of cheap.. but in-room breakfast is around $20 per person - i.e. English Breakfast 750 THB or approximately $20 USD.

I agree with everyone else, the Breakfast is great, but the rest of the food on offer not so good.
That's why I said a la carte.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I booked an ocean front villa in late 2008. It was a standard rate and did not include anything. I also received a Platinum upgrade to an ocean front villa (obviously it didn't include anything in rate). Breakfast was included as a guest of the villa for both stays. I was told by my personal butler that I could either dine at the restaurant (buffet), or, I could order room service and had my butler deliver them to me daily.

Here's a pic of my FREE breakfast as a villa guest delivered to my villa:http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunkind...7605922461173/

The rate on spg.com did not specify anything. However, I had always been told by the hotel staff that breakfast was included as a guest of the villa (INCLUDING room service). I was never charged. Lovely breakfast delivered daily with my morning call ^
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
The rate on spg.com did not specify anything. However, I had always been told by the hotel staff that breakfast was included as a guest of the villa (INCLUDING room service). I was never charged. Lovely breakfast delivered daily with my morning call ^
It may have changed.. When I was there last week, the butler told me that Breakfast is only complementary for PLATINUM, and must be taken in the two restaurants. Room service would be charged.. however, he did mentioned that the charged would be discounted for Room service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.