Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto or Westin Harbour Castle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2003, 8:59 am

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
YYZ_PPT - do you know whether this rate is still available?

I stayed at the Sheraton Centre for $99 back in May on this rate and it's only good for Toronto resident. Would be great if it still is.
</font>
This rate has also been offered to non-Toronto residents was well, and will continue to the end of June I believe.
Old May 26, 2003, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Do these rates include your masks?
Old May 28, 2003, 8:18 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Thanks, I will try to get this rate as I am presently booked at the Sheraton Centre for $159.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 3:26 pm

We're visiting Toronto the second week of January. Anyone know of any "secret" more affordable codes as mentioned earlier in this thread? Thanks.

Old Dec 6, 2003, 3:34 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
These rates are long long gone. Best to do a thorough search of all options on SPG site. I stayed at the YYZ Gateway at T3 for $139 last week. Thats a good rate for that property which is one of their highest yielding properties in Canada, I am told. I also have reservations soon at both Sheraton Ctr and Harbour Castle for $129 but these were booked in that limited time sale which is now over as well. If you search hard enough, I am sure you will find some good deals ---certainly the 4Pts on Lakeshore has good rates if you can handle the location.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Try using one of the Mastercard promotions if you have a MC. I got a much better average daily rate for an upcoming stay at the Sheraton Centre using the stay 3, pay for 2 deal.

http://www.starwood.com/promotions/p...?category=PRMC
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:18 pm

Hi, im staying one night in oct in toronto and am trying to decide between the sheraton centre and the westin harbour castle. they are both on cash and points, category 3, so it doesnt matter that much to me which one i choose. also im platinum

i want:

1) good plat recognition, the westin told me they dont give full suites to plat members (isnt that against the rules), and that they have no club lounge and will not give breakfast to plat members without it being in the rate. so basically i prefer to have a lounge and as nice a suite as possible

2) good location as far as the good areas of the city for nightlife and fun. dont want to be stuck in just a business district. i know nothing about toronto so if anyone could tell me about these hotels' location, that would be great.

3) nice rooms.

can everyone who knows something write their experience with these hotels (including suite upgrade history).

thanks!
r
Old Oct 8, 2004, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
If you use the Search function with Toronto as the keyword, you'll find pretty extensive discussion on these hotels.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:46 am
Suspended

I can't comment on the suite upgrade but the Sheraton is more central, walking distance to bars, restaurants, shopping, theatre etc. The Westin will mean a cab ride to some of those things.

Also the Sheraton is a nicer property. I have stayed in both many times over the years, and even lived in the Westin for 6 months, I would go with the Sheraton everytime if given a choice.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:55 am

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
1) good plat recognition, the westin told me they dont give full suites to plat members
sure they don't.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:02 am

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I personally loved my room at the Westin, looking out over the lake, slightly larger than 'typical' I think but that was the only plat recognition.

From your questions, I think you'd prefer the Sheraton. Closer to 'nightlife' than the Westin, and the lounge is pretty nice with some great views and pleasant service (& good food!). Rooms comfortable too. Very pleasant & efficient staff at the SPG check-in desk when I went there, and my room was ready early. If it matters to you, they have a GREAT gym (though Westin gym is pretty nice too) and I seem to remember you being able to access it 24hrs (could be wrong on that though).
Old Oct 8, 2004, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Go with the Sheraton..

..it hasd a very nice pool (1/2 inside, 1/2 ouside) swimming umongst the skyscrapers...and a hoppin hotel bar if there is an event or convention going on
cheers don>
Old Oct 15, 2004, 2:36 am

Westin Harbour Castle Toronto

Hi - I am curious - is this hotel within walking distance of the Sheraton? How long would it take to walk there/Eaton Center??
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:30 am

Sheraton Center walk down the hall to Bay then across skywalk to Eaton Center - 5 Mins max and all inside (important as snow starts to fly)

Westin HC - outdoors straight up Young St 20 min, you can cut indoors at Union Station add couple of Mins but at least 8 outdoors.

Stay uptown
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:22 pm

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Thumbs up Stay at the Sheraton

The property is definetly more accessible to everything you want by foot within a maximum 5 minute walk (bars, shopping, clubs, theatres, cinemas, etc...)

The Westin is a nice property, but a little out of the way (you will need to cab it back and forth most of the time).

cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.