Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto or Westin Harbour Castle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Centre Toronto or Westin Harbour Castle?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2004, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, *wood Plat, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
We were at the Westin for a week in August 2003. The only recognition was a high room with a straight-on lake view. We generally prefer more room to a view.

Next time we’d stay at the Sheraton as it more centrally located than The Westin.

The train station and subway are several blocks from the Westin unless you take the “funky” train across the street that requires a transfer to the main public transportation.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:49 am

Help a Toronto newbie?

Hi there!

Headed to Toronto in February 2005 for a long weekend. We are staying at the Sheraton Centre...

1. Quickest way from airport?
2. Cheapest way?

We are arriving around 10pm Thursday...leaving around noon Monday.

Any great restaurants/galleries/etc that are off the beaten path?

As for the Sheraton, any room floors, styles, etc that should be considered? Is the Club level worth the points?

Thanks so much for your insights!
Old Oct 19, 2004, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by jen80370
Is the Club level worth the points?
The club level is on the top floor of the tower (40-something floors up) so great views. The hors d'ouvres were pretty good as well. Don't know how many extra points the club floor is, but I would say that the view and the food make this one of the better club lounges I've seen (although I haven't seen many).
Old Oct 20, 2004, 6:10 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
From the various (favourable) comments about the Toronto Sheraton, I guess they must have done some major renovation job to change it from the tour-bus dive it used to be. I have a reservation at the Westin Prince coming up, and now I am a bit tempted by what others have said about the downtown Sheraton. However, the old images haunt me...
Old Oct 20, 2004, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by jen80370
Hi there!

Headed to Toronto in February 2005 for a long weekend. We are staying at the Sheraton Centre...

1. Quickest way from airport?
2. Cheapest way?

We are arriving around 10pm Thursday...leaving around noon Monday.

Any great restaurants/galleries/etc that are off the beaten path?

As for the Sheraton, any room floors, styles, etc that should be considered? Is the Club level worth the points?

Thanks so much for your insights!
When I go from (or to) the airport, I'd always try to take the "limo" rather than the taxi. Limos are just towncars and the like, but much nicer than a cab. And it's a flat rate. Not much more than a cab. C$30 or so?
And there are buses and shuttle...but I think they take too long.
Try the Tundra (restaurant) in the Hilton. Or the Epic at the Royal York. There's also the Monsoon, a very nice little restaurant just off University Avenue.

Have fun in TO!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 6:18 am

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Yep, you might want to try it...my first visit there was about a year ago (never saw it in 'the old days') and I would definitely return. Along with being a non-dive, the staff were thoroughly friendly & helpful I found. I avoided this hotel for a long time as it looked like a huge-convention-place (which, ok, it is...), but it's now amongst my favorites in TO. Good SPG recognition too.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:56 am

Best Starwood in Toronto: Westin Harbour or Sheraton Harbour?

Any recent opinions for the above hotels? Any other hotels to recommend in Toronto? On expense account (!).
Old Dec 17, 2004, 2:04 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by sfcaFLYER
Any recent opinions for the above hotels? Any other hotels to recommend in Toronto? On expense account (!).
Only the Westin is on the harbour; the Sheraton Centre is better located. I always go with the Sheraton when in town and not set on Pricelining the Courtyard for $35
Old Dec 17, 2004, 6:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
The Westin is on the harbour and it is a much nicer location than the Sheraton. I would suggest the Westin.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 6:54 pm

Programs: AC*Elite, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Retired FF
The Westin is on the harbour and it is a much nicer location than the Sheraton. I would suggest the Westin.
better location? it is not close to anything, no restraurants or activities near by. I think Marriott properties are better located in TO. Marriott Bloor and Marriott Eaton Center in particular.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Konsultant
better location? it is not close to anything, no restraurants or activities near by. I think Marriott properties are better located in TO. Marriott Bloor and Marriott Eaton Center in particular.
I was saying that the Westin is a better location than Sheraton...
Old Dec 18, 2004, 7:24 am

The Westin all the way. Especially with a lake view. Even in the winter, it can be pretty specacular.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Retired FF
The Westin is probably the better hotel, but the location ...? The Sheraton is in the center of the town.
BTW, I liked the Interconti Bloor street better, also a nice location!
Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by sfcaFLYER
Much depends on what you are doing there. You're on expense account, so maybe you're on business? Then it matters where your business meetings will be. While the Westin Harbour Castle is on the harbour front, and Sheraton is among the skyscrappers, both have businesses nearby. I think location is key, and which location is better depends on the purpose of your trip.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by choptliva
Much depends on what you are doing there. You're on expense account, so maybe you're on business? Then it matters where your business meetings will be. While the Westin Harbour Castle is on the harbour front, and Sheraton is among the skyscrappers, both have businesses nearby. I think location is key, and which location is better depends on the purpose of your trip.
Words of wisdom as 'better' is a relative term. Can OP post more info about exeactly what kind of trip this'll be and what they plan for the trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.