Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto or Westin Harbour Castle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Centre Toronto or Westin Harbour Castle?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:45 am

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Originally Posted by ottawaflyer21
Apparently the booking engine on SPG does not consider these various deals when you try to make a reservation, so it always pays to look at the special offers for a given hotel to see if you can get yourself a better rate.
Great tip! I never realized this. One of the things I love about this board is learning things like this.

Thanks of21.

Vader
Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
Talking Toronto Westin Harb castle / Sheraton Centre $75/nite boat show special

I think the title says is all! two great TO hotels so if you need a starwood stay this weekend give the pfd desk a call and ask for the boat show rate...baseball has been really really good to me!
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:13 pm

pool closed....stay away!

just got here an hour ago and now they tell me the pool is closed.

Isn't that something I should have been made aware of when I made the rez, as they said they close it every January for maintenance.

I brought my 7 and 4 year old kids and NEVER would have come if I knew the pool was closed.

very very disappointing.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:34 pm

If it's closed every January as they say it is, then why not post it on their hotel web page with Starwood? I think they should give you and your kids some free movie passes with popcorn to The Paramount theatre on Richmond and John St.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:42 pm

Instead they're giving free taxi chits so I can go through all the inconvenience of packing a bag and putting my children in a cab so we can be driven to a Sheraton downtown just for a swim.

Not what I expect from Westin at all.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:03 pm

Oh, I thought you were at The Sheraton Centre. That's why I suggested the movie passes for the Paramount theatre...

Taxi to Sheraton? Are they for real? It's January the middle of winter and it's bitter cold outside. Who would want to go for a swim and then go out into the bitter cold? That's one way to get sick pretty quick!

I would ask the hotel to provide a free in-room movie with popcorn. snacks and drinks for the kids.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 6:55 am

Angry

I was thinking they should give me some *wood points too...any suggestions on what's reasonable?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 3:43 pm

i would say 3500 points would be about right.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by imverge
Taxi to Sheraton? Are they for real? It's January the middle of winter and it's bitter cold outside. Who would want to go for a swim and then go out into the bitter cold? That's one way to get sick pretty quick!
But isnt the pool at the Sheraton Centre indoor (and I presume heated) ?

Coming from the tropics, I am somewhat surprised folks in Toronto would check into a city hotel to make use of the pool. $75 seems to be a very good rate, with or without the pool .
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
But isnt the pool at the Sheraton Centre indoor (and I presume heated) ?

Coming from the tropics, I am somewhat surprised folks in Toronto would check into a city hotel to make use of the pool. $75 seems to be a very good rate, with or without the pool .
The pool at The Sheraton Centre is one large pool that allows for out-door access all year round.. When you have kids in tow such as the OP. Keeping those kids entertained or just "busy" is a challenge. When making travel plans with kids in mind a pool is a must.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:11 pm

Like most parents, mrs. anvil & i would never book a stay with the kids at any hotel that didn't have a pool...in fact we considered "surveying" prospective joints by phone to poll them on their current pool temperature. We didn't, which I regret, as it would have revealed the closure here at the westin.

Regrettably, something that the staff refers to as their "january pool closure" should be both on the website and noted by reservation staff, especially the preferred desk, when someone is making a reservation.

$75 is a great rate if you're getting what you expected.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by celticanvil
$75 is a great rate if you're getting what you expected.
Absolutely ^
Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I booked there, enjoyed the rate and I got what I expected because it is on the website:

- Hotel Renovation
- New Passport Requirements as of January, 2007
- Pool Maintenance

So what?
Old Jan 21, 2007, 7:06 am

I always book online, however in this instance because of the boat show special I didn't.

The website couldn't have been more clear, though...thank you noting that.

as with everything else in this life, caveat emptor.

Lesson learned here is to step up my due diligence, depending on circumstances & travelling companion, on every hotel stay I book to an almost ridiculous degree of minutae.

Anvil out.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Bump for more recent opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.