Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Platinum Requalification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan - Altitude
Did a platinum challenge and just got it yesterday
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I will surpass 75 nights as of next week and closing in on another 100+ nights year with Starwood.

My current extended working holiday via IST, SOF, BEG, WAW, OTP, ODS have me realizing the value of being loyal to SPG over the years. ^
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Cwynj
Hit 50 nights yesterday! I will definitely hit 75 nights this years - could do 100 if I really pushed
Originally Posted by Kelju
52 nghts so far... Hoping to hit 75 at early september. Rest of the year after that so far "nada".
Congrats! 75 is the key level. The extra 25 isn't worth much (as the Ambassadors are a nice to have, but not a must have). I'd stretch to get the 75 level (as I like the 24 hr check in/out benefit), but I wouldn't stretch to get to 100.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Just broke 100 nights. Ambassador scheduled a phone call but then cancelled on me. First time with SPG100, so we'll see.

Loving the fourth point with SPG75 and already used YOUR24 once
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat; OneWorld Emerald; *A Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Congrats! 75 is the key level. The extra 25 isn't worth much (as the Ambassadors are a nice to have, but not a must have). I'd stretch to get the 75 level (as I like the 24 hr check in/out benefit), but I wouldn't stretch to get to 100.
How useful do you find 75 over 50? I'm tempted to use those 25 nights towards qualification of a different program. I'd say I'm pretty loyal to SPG, but I'm on my straw with one of their sub par properties that I have to spend a large part of my year.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
My current extended working holiday via IST, SOF, BEG, WAW, OTP, ODS have me realizing the value of being loyal to SPG over the years. ^
Which property in OTP??
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by remymartin
Which property in OTP??
There is nothing from Starwood in OTP or anywhere else in Romania for that matter.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Lappe
There is nothing from Starwood in OTP or anywhere else in Romania for that matter.
Indeed.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LPC6
How useful do you find 75 over 50? I'm tempted to use those 25 nights towards qualification of a different program. I'd say I'm pretty loyal to SPG, but I'm on my straw with one of their sub par properties that I have to spend a large part of my year.
Personally I find it quite useful. I like the extra 4th point - and I use Your24 when traveling internationally (often times find myself arriving very early AM or leaving very late PM) and it comes in super handy. Now in my case I don't have a single property I hate where I'm stuck (like you). But overall, I work towards getting to the 75 night level. As for 100 nights - don't bother. Ambassadors just aren't worth it. Mine gets worse and worse (I'm on my 4th one). Ugh.

As for this thread - just hit Platinum again for 2015. Will make 75 as well although will likely take til Dec this year. Didn't travel as much as I thought - but planning to make up for it in 2015
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
2014 Platinum Requalification Roll Call

Currently at Plat75 and only a couple of stays away from my first Ambassador.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
91 nights and counting down to 100 again.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, UA PLAT, AmEx Plat
43 stays ytd / 122 nights ytd

Personal high this year.. and still a few months to go.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
60 stays... 92 nights YTD.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Didn't realize this is also the 2015 roll call thread...

Made Plat50 for the 3rd time; earned my 50th night on Sept 30th (earliest ever) in the middle of a 3 nt stay in an SNA-enabled 1 BR Suite at the Westin Hunstville. This year has been my highest number of paid and total nights with SPG (47/52), over 19 stays at 11 different hotels.

Was generally happy with my Plat benefits; 100% upgrade rate (70% suites) including at very busy hotels, satisfying breakfasts, got every early check-in/late check-out I asked for, was even 2/2 with the Guaranteed Room Availability benefit.

My only complaint, which isn't trivial, was 6 of the first 10 SPG hotels I stayed with couldn't provide accurate folios and/or points, sometimes even after several calls/e-mails. I did contact Customer Care but was underwhelmed with their response. However, I haven't had the problem since so hopefully it was just a rough patch.

My only trivial complaint is the continuing issues with the SNA system. I say trivial because while I appreciate them I don't put much value in them; once again I had better upgrade luck just showing up at the hotel than using SNAs, despite the effort required to use them. Hopefully some day that will also be a rough patch in our past.

Last edited by megalab; Nov 10, 2014 at 7:24 am Reason: Grammar
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Made Plat50 last week, courtesy of a 4-nighter long weekend at the Park Tower Knightsbridge. Currently 20 stays and 52 nights YTD but expect to reach 27 stays and 68 nights by 1 Jan 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.