Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2012 Q1 Promo, -- Let The Speculation Begin!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Q1 Promo, -- Let The Speculation Begin!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
It's gonna be a big one!!!

1) All platinum members who still haven't received their "new" card - I qualified in May - get 12 free resort nights, which must be booked between 12/30 and 1/
5 and must be used by 1/12

2) All gold members get to chose one German property, four American properties and a Thai property out of a hat. Those six properties are "participating" this quarter - for that one member. As a thank you for selecting them, each property gives said member 100x points on all award redemptions which included free breakfast and airport transfer

3) All other members get an email with four, randomly selected properties. If they can find a way to get to them, and stay at each one for 12 nights by June 1, they each get a promise of a Platinum card and high speed internet. From there, see the number one above...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
I have the inside scoop

SPG Q1:

The rooms of all Plats will come equipped with either Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt, your choice. (T&C: suite upgrades not available with this offer; an additional resort fee may be required)

The rooms of all Golds will come equipped with a Kardashian and six ounces of pharmaceutical grade arsenic. (T&C: Prepaid only, non-refundable; Starwood Green Choice not available with this offer)
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
The rooms of all Plats will come equipped with either Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt, your choice.
Can we renounce our status?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:26 pm
Suspended

1 bonus point for the 1st night
2 bonus points for the 2nd night
3 bonus points for the 3rd night
up to 10 bonus points for the 10th night

wouldn't that be a great promo?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Can we renounce our status?
i'm with you....
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by OliverM

wouldn't that be a great promo?
No, not for me at least.

Which is why every promo period we get mixture of praise and moaning about the promo when it is announced. What works for some doesn't work for others.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I have to start booking for next business travel next year already so new promo announce would be great.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:15 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by LAXgt
I have to start booking for next business travel next year already so new promo announce would be great.
Why dun you just book where you want to stay and not worry about the promos? It's not like you get anything more as Hilton Gold/Diamond.

On a side note, I have hit 1000 posts. *woot*
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by uxb
On a side note, I have hit 1000 posts.
Welcome. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...post-club.html
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:58 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Thanks!!!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Perhaps an up to quadruple points promotion?

Clicked on a link somewhere else in Starwood land that brought up the following page

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...or_search.html

which (at the moment, at least) has language down at the bottom left about an up to 4X points promotion. Of course the link there is dead (redirects to page for some other expired promo) at the moment but I do wonder if we're about to see a quad points promo...

Last edited by Herb687; Dec 6, 2011 at 7:55 pm Reason: more info
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
which (at the moment, at least) has language down at the bottom left about an up to 4X points promotion.
As I recall, that was 2010's first general promo.

Here it is: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...e-rewards.html
Old Dec 11, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Q1 Promo will be called the 12-12-12 promo. Just stay 12 nights between January 12 and March 12 and you will get a free night on December 12 at one of 12 participating properties in Canada. Limited to US residents only.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by doctor15
I'm hoping for them to bring back the Free Resort Nights or Free Weekend Nights! Everytime they offer it it is during a quarter when I don't travel
Me too! Since all the folks who didn't like the last such promos have now fled to Hyatt, Hilton, etc... it should be even easier than ever to redeem them!

Cheers,
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
The questiion is, when will they start with Q1? End of january, middle of february or later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.