Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2012 Q1 Promo, -- Let The Speculation Begin!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Q1 Promo, -- Let The Speculation Begin!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Febs2

- Platinum cards will actually be made of Platinum.

.............)
At today's prices, then, I'd rather be Gold.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
For 2012, there will be twelve participating properties each night, Starwood will not reveal which ones, and the 12th person who checks in that night will get 12 points.
Woah woah woah, let's not go crazy with the participation numbers. Maybe 5-6 properties participating, MAX.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
20% off award redemption's since they all count now......
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
For 2012, there will be twelve participating properties each night, Starwood will not reveal which ones, and the 12th person who checks in that night will get 12 points.
That sounds like something Herman Cain came up with. Very 9-9-9-ish
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 1K, Star Alliance Gold
bttt...
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:03 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
That sounds like something Herman Cain came up with. Very 9-9-9-ish
I think the promotion should have 3 options to choose from - more points, free nights and.... and... I can't remember the 3rd one. "ooops"
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:38 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
My guess is that they will come up w/ a transfer bonus for airlines of 10-30% now that the rush to turn *pts to AA MM RDM is now over.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
According to someone at a hotel, the Q1 promo will start on 1/9 and feature double points for a 2 night stay or triple points for a 3+ night stay.

No idea the accuracy, but given it's close to the date and the level of specificity, I'm inclined to believe it
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:03 am
uxb

Originally Posted by pagotto
According to someone at a hotel, the Q1 promo will start on 1/9 and feature double points for a 2 night stay or triple points for a 3+ night stay.

No idea the accuracy, but given it's close to the date and the level of specificity, I'm inclined to believe it
Sounds credible enough. If that is the case, then it is kinda boring. *yawn*
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by uxb
If that is the case, then it is kinda boring.
Most promos are. And when SPG tries to get creative (like with the photo albums), people yell and scream that they would have preferred a boring promo like this.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Gee, I don't know, -- I'll happily take triple points, thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:36 am
uxb

Most promos are. And when SPG tries to get creative (like with the photo albums), people yell and scream that they would have preferred a boring promo like this.
The album wasn't a promo. It was a year end gift (and I loved it). Just didn't love the part where I couldn't make a second book that I would buy for myself from Shutterfly. Poor use of marketing on Shutterfly's part.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by uxb
The album wasn't a promo. It was a year end gift (and I loved it).
Whatever you want to call it (I still consider it a promo because it exists solely to promote the person staying at the chain), the fact remains that nothing will please more than about 80% of the membership.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:26 am
uxb

Whatever you want to call it (I still consider it a promo because it exists solely to promote the person staying at the chain), the fact remains that nothing will please more than about 80% of the membership.
Fair enough...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by yeunganson
I think the promotion should have 3 options to choose from - more points, free nights and.... and... I can't remember the 3rd one. "ooops"
All SPG hotel managers will have their salaries cut by 50%, and resulting savings converted into drink coupons for all PLT members on a per stay basis... as long as the PLT members are over 21 and vote before November 12 th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.