Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by onfillmore
No WoW factor here.

I have just had a good look at the participating Hotels verses my trips for the promotion period.

NYC- my W's are out
Germany- most Hotels out including my fav , Westin Grand Munich and Sheraton Hannover
Australia-nothing in Sydney for my 5 dayer
Taiwan- very little offered

Sorry but I am underwhelmed , not with the promo but with the list of participating properties.
Such is life.
I am already rebooking these Starwood stays...hello Andaz!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Lurker: No Questions but a comment. Glad to see there is no more double stay nights Promo this year. ^ Or is it too early to make a conclusion?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I am already rebooking these Starwood stays...hello Andaz!
Complain to the properties. They're the ones who decided not to participate.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Complain to the properties. They're the ones who decided not to participate.
True
But I originally said that I had no problem with the promo , just the list of participating properties. I have rebooked some of the Starwood stays and will no doubt return to the NYC W's but this will be after the promotion period and therefore it will be 'water under the bridge'.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
But if you don't let the properties know why you're moving, they'll never change their behaviour.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:55 pm

But if you don't let the properties know why you're moving, they'll never change their behaviour.
Im guessing the NYC W's , as an example , will have high bookings thru September with fashion week etc.
When I visited the W Times Square last September it was indeed booked out for a number of consecutive nights.
I am not one to make a bigger deal of this than what it is, you rebook and move on.
Bangkok , I notice has all the Hotels listed as they try everything to get guests in.To anyone with a vacation booked in Thailand , you are looking at an array of extra points.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
PS - thanks to SPG for the promo.^ While the requirements may not be up my alley this time, I appreciate the fact that they're running one. Maybe next time it'll knock my socks off.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:57 pm

To anyone with a vacation booked in Thailand, you are looking at an array of extra points.
With 90% of Starwood hotels participating, it's not just Thailand guests who will see it.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
If Hong kong participated I would have booked the Sheraton.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by nwa330
If Hong kong participated I would have booked the Sheraton.
In Singapore...the St Regis is IN but the Sheraton is not participating
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E25, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Delta Skymiles Silver, HHonors Gold, Nexus
Originally Posted by SC Alum
Lurker: No Questions but a comment. Glad to see there is no more double stay nights Promo this year. ^ Or is it too early to make a conclusion?
Actually, using that promo was the only way I made Gold last year. If that promo comes out this year, I could ]possibly stretch it to Platinum.

We'll see.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Not quite every night. Points and Dollar stays won't count will they? Obviously pure award nights won't count.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Points and Dollar stays won't count will they?
The T&C have the standard "qualifying nights" requirement.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:31 pm
Suspended

With 90% of Starwood hotels participating, it's not just Thailand guests who will see it.
Not sure whether its just 10% of SPG properties not participating, but I have never seen so many non-participating properties before :

Malaysia - Westin KL, Le Meridien KL, Andaman Langkawi
Singapore - Sheraton Towers
Indonesia - Le Meridien Jakarta
Thailand - Westin Phuket
Vietnam - Sheraton Saigon
Australia - Westin SYD, SOTP SYD, FP SYD, FP Geelong, Sheraton Mirage GC, Sheraton Perth

Last edited by mario33; Aug 19, 2010 at 7:46 pm
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
No WoW factor here.
Agreed. I can't remember feeling so disappointed with a SPG promotion and it appears that this promotion, is, after all, the BIGGIE for the rest of the year.

My bottom line is that I'll continue to stay at SPG properties as I normally would, but this promotion in no way entices me to book even an extra night at a *wood hotel. Historically, SPG promotions have been so consistently rich that I would go well out of my way (to the point of inconvenience) to book *wood hotel stays during a great promotional campaign.

Like others, I guess I'm happy that SPG is at least offering something, so I'll take the extra points. But, this promo -- at least for me -- is so dry that it does nothing to get me to steer any more business towards *wood.

Color me surprised and a little let down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.