Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Plaza Athenee BKK THB 2'499++ incl. bfast exclusive to Flyertalk Community

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXPIRED: Plaza Athenee BKK THB 2'499++ incl. bfast exclusive to Flyertalk Community

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i really wish i knew about this before....just finished a stay yesterday at the westin grande sukhumvit....
Old Oct 5, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: Delta splat ! SPG plat . Hyatt Diamond . UA 1P
Originally Posted by saad
i really wish i knew about this before....just finished a stay yesterday at the westin grande sukhumvit....
you have my heartfelt condolences
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
You would have to book the double rate, since 2 people are occupying the room.

Perhaps I could use a hypothetical example to explain the increment:
In the (very distant) past, some Hotels used to charge more for double occupancy even if the room rate was without breakfast or any other per-capita amenity. So, perhaps - to make it easier to understand - the THB 200 increment is not to be considered for breakfast, but for having an additional person occupying to room.

We realize the increment only applies to the Deluxe room category, but this has been done to encourage bookers to choose the Royal Club or Deluxe Suite rooms as a result.

I hope this clears things up!

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
This raises an interesting question perhaps lurker can answer: In an earlier (and now closed) thread, Lurker said that once upgraded, you're entitled to all the benefits that come with the room you've been upgraded to. What if the room you book is for up to one person (or up to one person without an additional charge), but the room you're upgraded to always allows two (or more) people without an additional charge? Can the hotel still charge you for the additional people, or are they seen to come with the room? What about booking a single room? The Palace in Moscow, for example, has a bunch of inexpensive (and quite lousy) rooms that can only accommodate one person. Could a Platinum take a gamble that they'd be upgraded and book the room knowing there would be two people in the room and that any room they'd be upgraded to allows two people? I stayed there alone at Palace, so I wasn't able to test that out, but I was upgraded to a large room there. Similarly, I booked a single room at the Westin Miyako Kyoto a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any problem having two people in the suite I was upgraded to.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
In the past, before this promo, I've never seen a difference in rates at this hotel when entering one or two adults. I don't know about three people though.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:26 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Hilton has spouse stays free, not SPG.

I think it's a great rate and they will get my business because of it!

PS I love the SPG Koolaid! ^
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:42 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by merrickdb
This raises an interesting question perhaps lurker can answer: In an earlier (and now closed) thread, Lurker said that once upgraded, you're entitled to all the benefits that come with the room you've been upgraded to. What if the room you book is for up to one person (or up to one person without an additional charge), but the room you're upgraded to always allows two (or more) people without an additional charge? Can the hotel still charge you for the additional people, or are they seen to come with the room? What about booking a single room? The Palace in Moscow, for example, has a bunch of inexpensive (and quite lousy) rooms that can only accommodate one person. Could a Platinum take a gamble that they'd be upgraded and book the room knowing there would be two people in the room and that any room they'd be upgraded to allows two people? I stayed there alone at Palace, so I wasn't able to test that out, but I was upgraded to a large room there. Similarly, I booked a single room at the Westin Miyako Kyoto a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any problem having two people in the suite I was upgraded to.
I believe that if the benefit of "allowing one or two more guests to stay for free" comes with the room you have been upgraded and not the rate of the room, you will enjoy the benefit as well.

However, if that particular benefit comes only with individual rates then you would not get to enjoy it even though you have been upgraded to a room where such benefits are applicable.

Let me confirm again, ok?

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
I believe that if the benefit of "allowing one or two more guests to stay for free" comes with the room you have been upgraded and not the rate of the room, you will enjoy the benefit as well.

However, if that particular benefit comes only with individual rates then you would not get to enjoy it even though you have been upgraded to a room where such benefits are applicable.

Let me confirm again, ok?

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
makes sense....
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:26 am

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
I have to add to this thread that whether or not folks stay here... The Sunday Brunch at Plaza Athenee is quite spectacular. A bit of a spend like most Sunday Brunches (Unless you have a Priv card) But free flow Champagne/cocktails etc. (Sheraton Grand gives a crap selection of wine/beer) and just an amazing food selection which included caviar (for you who fancy that) etc. I have been to a few brunches in my life, and this one bar none is on my top five. Do give it a try.. And if you are at the Sheraton Grande, and you do this.. Let the F&B manager there know that Khun Ryan sent you over to Plaza Athenee for brunch
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:08 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I tried to book in Nov & Dec, but seemed to have missed the booking window. I realize this is a good rate, but why offer it for only a few days?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:25 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I tried to book in Nov & Dec, but seemed to have missed the booking window. I realize this is a good rate, but why offer it for only a few days?
They did this last time as well. Perhaps we can request that the booking window be reopened?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
They did this last time as well. Perhaps we can request that the booking window be reopened?
Well, this is unfortunate. For all my desire to book, and despite it being Oct. 7 here in New Jersey, the promo seems to have expired.

It's as if there were some invisible line where the dates changed and Thailand suddenly became one day ahead of the United States.

Kidding aside, looks like I'll be checking out KorsaeTV's suggestions, having missed this promo ... unless, of course, an extension is granted.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:46 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
The main reason why we have limited the booking window is to make sure this rate remains very special.

However, we do have some other competitive rates on our website - hopefully these rates and promotions will still convince you to visit the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien.

Best regards,
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:49 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
The main reason why we have limited the booking window is to make sure this rate remains very special.

However, we do have some other competitive rates on our website - hopefully these rates and promotions will still convince you to visit the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien.

Best regards,
I think that what happened here is that there are several people on the west coast of North America who tried to book on October 7. However, October 7 in the evening after work for them was already October 8 in Bangkok. Maybe you could consider giving another 2-3 day window for booking.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:06 pm

For those of you who missed the booking window please see my thread on hotel deals.The good news is the rate would seem to be better than the now expired great offer on deluxe rooms! The bad news is there appears to be no one for two offers on any higher catagory rooms and of course bonus points etc will not apply.

Last edited by chokdee; Oct 17, 2009 at 12:19 am
Old Oct 17, 2009, 1:15 am

Programs: Delta splat ! SPG plat . Hyatt Diamond . UA 1P
Originally Posted by chokdee
For those of you who missed the booking window please see my thread on hotel deals.The good news is the rate would seem to be better than the now expired great offer on deluxe rooms! The bad news is there appears to be no one for two offers on any higher catagory rooms and of course bonus points etc will not apply.
Does that rate qualify under BRG (Best Rate Guarentee) ? I've read the terms and obfuscations of BRG and I'm still unsure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.